new album news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
From the following link:
http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1135272.php/New_U2_album_due_later_this_year

wouldn't it be nice if it was true?

New U2 album due later this year?
By Trent McMartin Mar 7, 2006, 17:18 GMT

It's been a month since U2 cleaned house at the 2006 Grammy Awards, winning five tropies including the 'Album of the Year' award for their album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb," but already talk has shifted to the possibility of the band releasing a brand new album later this year.

Though reports remain unsubstantiated, the band has dropped many hints over the past year or so on the interest of recording and releasing a brand new album. After U2's tour with hip-hop superstar Kanye West last year, lead singer Bono stated that the band will "experiment" with newly inspired ideas from hip-hop music, though it's unsure if this new "experimental" material would be included on an upcoming album.

In the January 2006 edition of Q Magazine, Bono said that the band was working on a new album for 2006, yet many expect the record to hit shelves in early 2007. In a December 2004 interview with Rolling Stone, Bono revealed that there were twenty-four songs that came out of the How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sessions with only eleven of them making the cut -
leaving thirteen tracks unreleased.

Some of the rumoured songs to possibly appear on the next album include "North Star" - a song from the HTDAAB sessions; "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" - first mentioned in the Feburary 2003 issue of Grammy Magazine; and "Mercy" - described in Blender magazine as "a six and a half-minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish."

MERCY!!!! damn I ove that song! It deserves a place on the new album! .. I still don't see why they dropped it anywayz... it would've been better than any other song!
but also, I think there'll be a new album in the end of 2007/beginnin 2008... it can't be much later, and that way you won't be dissapointed if it doesn't come this year..
not that I'd mind a new album soon :wink:

Thank You so much! :sad: U2 continue inspiring me, I'm almost in tears, I don't know why.... maybe because I think I'll be able to see them live for the first time ever!

Thanks again.:)

Galeongirl said:
MERCY!!!! damn I ove that song! It deserves a place on the new album! .. I still don't see why they dropped it anywayz... it would've been better than any other song!
but also, I think there'll be a new album in the end of 2007/beginnin 2008... it can't be much later, and that way you won't be dissapointed if it doesn't come this year..
not that I'd mind a new album soon :wink:

I love Mercy too!! I have it on my iPod. Mua!!!

Anywho, hopefully, but I wouldn't want them to rush it to please the fans. But as long as they don't take five years to release.

music wise i would say it reminds me of: In gods country and Neon Lights

text wise.. :hmm: i am not sure

it is just awesome!
i completely love it
you got an e-mail adress? ;)

Last edited:
LMBLover said:
Sigh, I have yet to hear Mercy. They didn't play it in Atlanta. Will some kindly soul compare it to some other songs so I can get an idea? Or point me in a direction where it is described?

eternally grateful, LMBLover:sad:

hm I'd say music wise it comes closest to All Because Of You
you can find it on www.u2emporium.com go to downloads, HTDAAB section.. :) it's under ABOY as Bside..
I also have the original version, wich was named track 12, unknown album 22-11-04, wich would mean HTDAAB :wink:
not sure if it's allowed to post here, otherwise I could email it

SimplyConfused said:

I love Mercy too!! I have it on my iPod. Mua!!!

Anywho, hopefully, but I wouldn't want them to rush it to please the fans. But as long as they don't take five years to release.

where can it download it from?

I want to hear The Edge take out his frustration on his guitar.

No postproduction.

No loops.

Just raw energy from the greatest guitarist ever.

DignityPassesBy said:
i think if they do release mercy it will be completly taken apart and put back together because so many of us have heard it.

I hope so. The production and all the loops and the mastering didn't go well with one another, methinks.

source:
BONO on BONO: Conversations with Michka Assayas (chapter 2 "Never trust a performer" p.27)

Where does it come from? Do you start hearing a melody?

Yeah, I would hear some melodies in my head. I have no idea where they come from.

With the words?

Sometimes melodies, and sometimes words...[gets up and comes back with a tiny sheet of yellow paper from a Post-it pad pn his desk]

What's this? Is it something you've just written down?
I'm trying to find a recent example. This is the middle of last night. Apropos of nothing.[reads]
If your heart was hard, that would be better/You could only break it once or twice/After that it would be rid of blood and you could let it turn to ice...

I don't know.

I thought this was pretty interesting and pehaps we will hear this on the new record.

"If your heart was hard, that would be better/You could only break it once or twice/After that it would be rid of blood and you could let it turn to ice..." - Bono

that's a pretty damn cool lyric. Sounds like it could be a depressing break-up song.

:hmm: That looks interesting, reminds me of the bitter-love type of song a la Mercy.

No no no no, don't funk with my heart. Those lyrics from Bono in Conversation are horrible, also. Gavin Friday needs to slap his Irish ass.

Those lyrics have decent potential---they're pretty raw and simplistic....before they ever made it to an album, there'd probably be a decent amount of re-working--and the final product may not look like the original at all.

And Canadiens---Besides slapping Bono, Gavin Friday needs to do something worthwhile himself instead of mooching off of famous friends for 3 decades....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom