New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We should all pool together $4m to buy an Interference Super Bowl commercial that will just be a black screen with the following white text:

"U2, JUST RELEASE A FUCKING ALBUM. LOVE, YOUR FANS."

The Fly can play in the background.

We should all pool together $4m to buy an Interference Super Bowl commercial that will just be a black screen with the following white text:

"U2, JUST RELEASE A FUCKING ALBUM. LOVE, YOUR FANS."

The Fly can play in the background.

You know, I'd actually chip in towards that. :lol:

How about a billboard near the Super Bowl? Should be cheaper.

Who do we know near Giants Stadium? :shifty: :hmm:

It would be funny if it turned out that during the Superbowl™©® U2 were the real half time show performer and they came out dressed in their Discotheque attire and danced on a slowly spinning stage with smoke and lasers and Bono, at the end, announced "Nothing went wrong with POP!" thus cementing themselves as the coolest band ever. Oh, and then a short commercial aired for the new album, or something.

It would be funny if it turned out that during the Superbowl™©® U2 were the real half time show performer and they came out dressed in their Discotheque attire and danced on a slowly spinning stage with smoke and lasers and Bono, at the end, announced "Nothing went wrong with POP!" thus cementing themselves as the coolest band ever. Oh, and then a short commercial aired for the new album, or something.

I would die from happiness.

9.jpg

boomcha_comp.gif

I can see Bono and Edge being surprise guests on the half time show. Chili Peppers will be joining Bruno Mars. They can make room for two more. What better way to reinforce the commercial?

I can see Bono and Edge being surprise guests on the half time show. Chili Peppers will be joining Bruno Mars. They can make room for two more. What better way to reinforce the commercial?

I cannot imagine what a Bono/Edge/Bruno Mars combo would sound like.

If they don't feel confident in the stuff they have, maybe they should just release bits of it at a time. Tweak as they feel the need to. Pass any disasters as one-off experiments.

At first I thought you said "twerk as they feel the need to".
Which, actually might have worked. :hmm:

I'm hoping they have at least two albums worth of great material, (I'm being optimistic I think!) and the response to Invisible will I'm sure help them decide over two or three songs that they might be umming and aahing over whether to include on Monkey Hunch or not.

I'm being greedy, but I also hope that we get two albums this year, one spring, one autumn :drool:

As Invisible shares the same song title with Wild Beasts song 'Invisible' off the album Smother, I just thought I'd say I love the song and album. Just thought I'd say that.

Wild Beasts - Invisible - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom