New 18 Minute Beachclips Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone talented enought to try and clean up and reduce the static in these songs? is it possible?

The_Edge89 said:
Daniel Lanois - Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6vfeTC80LU

Sounds pretty similar to me, sorry if it's been posted already, I'm too lazy to read through all the pages of these two topics.

Ah, thanks for posting this. There was a link posted in the last thread, but it didn't work and I've been dying to hear this. :)

ETA: :huh: I'm pretty sure he performed a short version of this when I saw him earlier this year. For some reason it didn't register when I heard the beach version. It's also on a boot I have...Gawd, I'm observant aren't I? :huh:

Last edited:
I know someone somewhere said that he/she wishes for Lanois to produce the next album on his own

I saw Lanois live a couple of years ago
and all I can say is that the man is music
he doesn't live for music, he IS music

so I concur with the Lanois as sole producer of these yummie sounding tracks

thanks for posting the DL version of thank you. I must say though that the U2 version seems much more evolved and much better with alot more emotion to it. I hope they add it into the new album when ever it comes out.

WOW!!!! of course i can barely hear shit and their just beach clips, but there's a lot of promise in these clips!!!!!

sounds great!!! oh shit, here we go, gettin excited :drool:

409!!!!!

-does sound kind of like a jam session, but theres a lot in there.
-real bad quality, but it sounds good. the edge's guitar sounds really great
-the guitar from1:30 to 1:40 is awesome

anyway, bet you it gets taken out of the final cut by Larry or something

BUT OH MY GOD!!! NEW U2 BEACH CLIPS!!!!

Last edited:
OMFG..!! finally got to hear the whole 18 min! :drool: :love:

I am TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH 404 AND 409..!!!:heart: The guitar solos are great! :rockon: EDGE!!

So much potential here. I can't wait to see how these songs evolve! Hopefullly they will make it in some form or another on the new album!:wink:

So...nothing happened since I left?

All right then.

I really wish someone could fix up or "enhance" these tracks. :hmm:

i am thinking a lot of these songs are developed, but just by the band, not really by a producer yet.

whichi im kind of scared of....hope they dont get butchered with overproduction like some of HTDAAB.

404 is perfect :drool:
and even if we heard half of 409, just keep it like that :wink:

Bono's OOOOOs at the end of "AlL My Life" are great leading into the last solo

Last edited:
I rank them so far like this:

404 (All My Life)
402 (Believe)
403 (Thank You)

409 and 404 are awesome
402 and 400 are good and have promise
not feeling 403, kind of boring to me.

sorry to sound ignorant, but is the DL version of thank you the same as the U2 one in the beach clip? i am in work so cant hear the audio to find out?

The Daniel Lanios song is very similar to the beach clip. I have to say, I'm sure it's because it's...well... a beach clip, the U2 version doesn't excite me. Then again, I think Daniel Lanios is god-like and has magical powers that hypnotize people into becoming devoted followers when he plays live...:drool:

the 2nd guitar solo in 404 is pretty typical of the edge, the 1st one around 2:00 however is :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:, although i'd like to see them a little longer.

Another Veredict ;)

First of all: WARNING: DO not listen with headphones !!!

1- 400: We already listened to this one :| A nice ballad, but I don't see so much in this song :ohmy:

2- 402: Another heared song. Must be one of the possibly best of the row :drool: :shocked: Should be a longer song and harder :rockon:

3- 403: Another ballad already heared. The song isn't that bad, it's just is a very typical ATYCLB - HTDAAB song:( especially for the falsetto in the middle. They should change the key of the song and try it without falsetto and with a "Wall Of Sound" Phil Spector production.

4- 404: This is one intended for a possible single, that's clear. But it reminds me too much Walk On :( Kinda boring mid tempo number. Nothing really new in here

5- 409: The shortest song of the set, and a mid-tempo one. Too much commercial melody, not from my tastes.

Overall, we have several mid tempo and ballads ... just as HTDAAB. I still don't see any signs of taking new direction in their music :sad: Most of these songs seems to be HTDAAB outtakes reworked

:wow: 18 minute clips already?

400 - this is the "get out of my head" youtube song right? I'm up for U2 being melodic any time :yes: and like OOTS it feels like they summoned up the Beatles.

402 - I liked this one from the 8 minute clips too

403 - beautiful, great vocals, like how he drags the "you will be mine" or "brought me to my knees" lines.

404 - All my life. Great chorus, "go go!" solos sounds interesting.

409 - ooh, uptempo.

To me, all of this sounds closer to ATYCLB than Bomb. Very melodic, and some nice choruses.
The whiners better line up now. Oh wait....they already did.

ponkine said:
Another Veredict ;)

First of all: WARNING: DO not listen with headphones !!!

1- 400: We already listened to this one :| A nice ballad, but I don't see so much in this song :ohmy:

2- 402: Another heared song. Must be one of the possibly best of the row :drool: :shocked: Should be a longer song and harder :rockon:

3- 403: Another ballad already heared. The song isn't that bad, it's just is a very typical ATYCLB - HTDAAB song:( especially for the falsetto in the middle. They should change the key of the song and try it without falsetto and with a "Wall Of Sound" Phil Spector production.

4- 404: This is one intended for a possible single, that's clear. But it reminds me too much Walk On :( Kinda boring mid tempo number. Nothing really new in here

5- 409: The shortest song of the set, and a mid-tempo one. Too much commercial melody, not from my tastes.

Overall, we have several mid tempo and ballads ... just as HTDAAB. I still don't see any signs of taking new direction in their music :sad: Most of these songs seems to be HTDAAB outtakes reworked

maybe U2 is not right for you:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom