New 18 Minute Beachclips Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I'm really starting to get the feeling that this stuff isn't as complete as some people would like to think. 400/Can't You See feels like Bono just singing over a melody, something quite tentative before they take the melody and flesh it out into a full song. 403/Thank You is probably similar - yes, there's the Lanois connection with the lyrics and such, but I don't think it is yet fully developed. 409 sounds like a jam session. 402/I Believe and 404/All My Life feel more developed though. If there is a September single, I can see it being a version of All My Life that's a bit more polished.

I think IF there is a September single its going to be something leftover from a past recording session that they may have tweaked, not anything that is on these clips.

Blue Room said:

I think IF there is a September single its going to be something leftover from a past recording session that they may have tweaked, not anything that is on these clips.

Mercy? You about described what needs to be done to get it ready.

phillyfan26 said:
Damn they aren't working for me (embarassed at late arrival).

I'll try on my other computer.

I know, i feel so out of the loop here :madwife:

LemonMelon said:

Mercy? You about described what needs to be done to get it ready.

They originally intended for it to be a B-side, so actually it would make sense to be released by itself as a single since it's the most along.

has anyone tried to decipher the lyrics, ok I know everyone has, but has anyone posted what they think?

pattip2000 said:
where the hell did everyone go?

Just say something controversial and I'm sure they'll come running back. :wink:

Hey, is that Thom Yorke singing on Thank You at 1:00-1:15? With Chris Martin on backing vocals? OMG!!!1!!1111oneoneone

Only downloaded now , listening to 404 , All my life ......

What are the highlights of this new 18 min package , ladies and gentles

Axver said:
I'm really starting to get the feeling that this stuff isn't as complete as some people would like to think. 400/Can't You See feels like Bono just singing over a melody, something quite tentative before they take the melody and flesh it out into a full song. 403/Thank You is probably similar - yes, there's the Lanois connection with the lyrics and such, but I don't think it is yet fully developed. 409 sounds like a jam session. 402/I Believe and 404/All My Life feel more developed though. If there is a September single, I can see it being a version of All My Life that's a bit more polished.

I agree with you pretty much except for 409. I guess it could be a jam session, but if it is it's a recorded session, and I'm almost thinking the abrupt stop is intentional and the bass part that starts shortly thereafter is perhaps part of the same song... that'd be cool anyway :drool:

402 is incredibly addictive :drool: 402 and 404 sound finished to me! besides production/mastering obviously

pattip2000 said:
has anyone tried to decipher the lyrics, ok I know everyone has, but has anyone posted what they think?

I had posted what I thought the lyrics were of the 9 minute clips... I might go and do these clips now

Hey folks , if All My life really turned out in a album , which u think should be it's number track ?

bcrt2000 said:

I had posted what I thought the lyrics were of the 9 minute clips... I might go and do these clips now

I think they were posted in the previous thread but go for it :hyper:

You know, I think it's great no self-righteous types have yet shown up to tell us off for listening to unreleased material. I remember getting flamed in 2004 by some people who had some objection to beach clips. :|

Axver said:
You know, I think it's great no self-righteous types have yet shown up to tell us off for listening to unreleased material. I remember getting flamed in 2004 by some people who had some objection to beach clips. :|

Stop listening to unreleased material!!!!

YOU'RE HURTING CHRIS MARTIN'S FEELINGS.

The next CD will have no less than 20 tracks ....

Including one full Bono only , a drum-less song , which Bono plays piano , guitar and solos with an electric one

and yes .... :drool:

4 Full instrumental tracks , one featuring a 1 minute and half Edge solos , one full jam session , one with a 2 minute Larry solo , and one with slaps by Adam all over the song

And Axver or anyone who wants to sound a smart-ass , don't come to me and say : KEEP DREAMING ...... :wink:

Well Feel free to do that about the 1st idea

As a general question, if U2 found out about thier working tracks being refered to as four-hundred numbers. Do you think they would on the back of the CD mark the track numbers in the form of four-hundred numbers? Or would that be cool at least?
This might be a really stupid question but might as well ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom