Mysterious Ways- Best Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blm

New Yorker
Am looking to see and listen to this lots- either on dvd, released, bootleg, youtube whatever.

(I checked through the last 15 pages of EYKIW and didn't find this topic)

Tell me which you think are a must see, and WHY!
THANKS ALL!!

Zoo TV - Dublin, 28/8/1993

pretty fantastic performance, love the extended guitar solo at the end. Won't find [m]any better than this in my opinion. They can all be pretty similar but I think this is my favourite.

you can get it at u2start.com, make sure you do the whole gig's great :wink:

gareth brown said:
Zoo TV - Dublin, 28/8/1993

pretty fantastic performance, love the extended guitar solo at the end. Won't find [m]any better than this in my opinion. They can all be pretty similar but I think this is my favourite.

you can get it at u2start.com, make sure you do the whole gig's great :wink:

:ohmy: :hyper: *downloading*

I also like the performance of the last elevation gig in Miami and the one from Irving Plaza NY, promo tour...:drool:
:dance:

Dublin 1993
Sao Paulo 1998 (a great one, "sexy samba" version)
Charlotte 2001 (Edge is having problems with his guitar, but it actually adds to the song, making it more loose and less calculated)

OK, come on people, we all know the single greatest performance of Mysterious Ways ever was 10 November 1997, Tampa, when Bono snippeted It's Raining Men! :lol:

Yes, definetely 8/28/93, but Slane is a pretty close second. Watching Bono dance with Eve is so cute.

I believe its from the Houston ZooTV Outside Broadcast show. Its on the Outside Broadcast boot. Killer version. :drool:

The Rotterdam 92 version is outstanding and definitely well worth checking out, Bono pulls off some absolutley sky-scraping vocals, plus its from the mixing desk so sound qualities great.

This thread has appeared a number of times and the Dublin performance is always named, but Bono sings really sharp "ill bring you flowers line" so I don't know why.

The Houston performance sets the standard by FAR, but other great performances were

Zoo TV Dortmund, REALLY raw sounding performance, the third verse is extended into the instrumental break with a great long impro from bono

Elevation Charlotte, in which Edge plays a different solo at the end, though he does have his guitar on the wrong setting at the start of the song, for the first few bars.

Sao Paulo's a nice soundboard, but the synths are a bit loud at the end, drowning out edge's guitar

Barcelona popmarts, great with "my sweet lord snippetted"

I could go on, I'm a M ways addict, but I'd be boring ya lol

And I've always wondered, why considering it's been a staple concert song for pretty much 15 years, they've never included a live version of it as a B side.

i always thought the extended intros on ZooTV and Popmart were totally unnecessary. Irving Plaza is by far the best performance:

1. Great intro after Ground Beneath Her Feet, with the backing track starting at the perfect time

2. Bono doesn't sing "She moves in mysterious ways" in the intro (which really pissed me off on ZooTV and Popmart) but saves it for the choruses instead

3. the snipped of 'Sexual Healing" is 100% completely PERFECT, right before Edge launches into the slide solo

4. the outro, with bono singing, then One starting -- maybe the best transition at any concert

5. the bootleg quality is fantastic!

Axver said:
OK, come on people, we all know the single greatest performance of Mysterious Ways ever was 10 November 1997, Tampa, when Bono snippeted It's Raining Men! :lol:
Not only that but at the end he sounds just like in the ZooTV era with that falsetto stuff just amazing. Damn his voice was great that night. :drool:

Irving Plaza :combust:

"when I get that feeling, I want sexual healing, when I get that feeling.....ooooaaaaahhhhh!!!" **slide solo**

:yippie:

I'm with the Irving Plaza version. "My baby is having a baby! My baby is having a baby!" That intro is killer and, even though it was an announcement of sorts, this actually sounds like great lyrics. Plus, the Sexual Healing snippet is perfect.

The Irving Plaza bootleg is an absolute must have for U2 fans. Honestly, Bono never did sound better than this when the actual tour started.

DevilsShoes said:
The Rotterdam 92 version is outstanding and definitely well worth checking out, Bono pulls off some absolutley sky-scraping vocals, plus its from the mixing desk so sound qualities great.

This would be my pick too. :drool:

Roland of Gilead said:
I'm with the Irving Plaza version. "My baby is having a baby! My baby is having a baby!" That intro is killer and, even though it was an announcement of sorts, this actually sounds like great lyrics. Plus, the Sexual Healing snippet is perfect.

The Irving Plaza bootleg is an absolute must have for U2 fans. Honestly, Bono never did sound better than this when the actual tour started.
Agree as well the whole Irving Plaza gig was great.

Im gonna go with most of the Vertigo versions the song was realy revived. Realy worked with Bono's voice at the end love after the guitar solos his combination of - she will move me nows and oooooooohhhooohhhooooooos and moooooooooovvvves u know what I mean lol loved that stuff.

The Vertigo Japan preformances were excellent

discothequeLP said:
i always thought the extended intros on ZooTV and Popmart were totally unnecessary. Irving Plaza is by far the best performance:

1. Great intro after Ground Beneath Her Feet, with the backing track starting at the perfect time

2. Bono doesn't sing "She moves in mysterious ways" in the intro (which really pissed me off on ZooTV and Popmart) but saves it for the choruses instead

3. the snipped of 'Sexual Healing" is 100% completely PERFECT, right before Edge launches into the slide solo

4. the outro, with bono singing, then One starting -- maybe the best transition at any concert

5. the bootleg quality is fantastic!

Absolutely!!! A close 2nd would be Slane DVD.

Zoo TV, by far. Why? Because Bono's voice was better.

Personally, the Sydney sound mix better suits The Edge's great guitar tone (better than any other version) than the Dublin one, mostly because it's louder thanks to DTS. But Dublin or Sydney FTW.

That's a song right there that really needs Bono's voice. Sort of like Pride.

Irving Plaza is awesome from start to finish. Bono's voice sounds so different in a good way from other shows from the tour and from other tours. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom