my first dream about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. V

Refugee
so i was back home in Adelaide at my Aunty's house. but it wasn't a regular day. i was watching U2 live on TV, they were playing in Adelaide that day and i assume they thought it was a good idea to broadcast it live on TV. i also assume it wasnt their only adelaide show, because i would have been there. but nevertheless.

i wasn't alone in watching the concert, there were about 20 others there with me; it was like an informal cocktail party in my Aunty's living room. and Bono was there. yes. while he was playing a concert as well - only he can be at two places at once.

anyway, we met and we hit it off. we spoke for a while (i can't remember what about), and i ended up getting his phone number and a reassurance that we'd catch up (!). how pathetic, but anyway. the topic got onto the concert, and i asked him "oh, hey, uh... what are you closing with?" and he started to answer, and before he could, i asked "can you close with bad/40? please? i've never heard it live." Bono exchanged glances with Edge (who just showed up at the party for this purpose i assume, he wasn't there before and he disappeared soon after), and he said "yeah, OK."

for some reason, Dad remembered that he had to go to my Nonna's house and pick up something (she lives the street over from my aunty... its like Everybody Loves Raymond), and i decided that it would be a good idea to go with him. what the fuck was i thinking? i was watching a live U2 concert with Bono and I left. so we went, we came back, and everyone was gone, the house was tidy and everything. I asked my Aunty where everyone went and she said "The concert finished".

so somehow i got home, and jumped onto the computer and started to download the bootleg (i assume it was a video bootleg that someone taped off the TV, because yeah... it was on TV. what's up with that?). and to my delight, the setlist finished with Bad/40! Bono was a man of his word!

so i decided to call Bono, to thank him and to apologize for leaving like that, and my little cousin picked up the phone. she was at the concert, and she had the phone because "bono and daddy (my uncle) went outside for a smoke". so, yeah. then i woke up. :(

as soon as i woke up i thought, "shit! that bootleg is probably finished downloading now!"... and then i realized it was just a dream and my heart was crushed. :sad:

anyway, back on the concert, i'm pretty sure it was for a new album. from memory it was called the "Loneliness Tour" or something gay like that, and there was a reference to "2005 Merciless Morons" (yes, i am well aware that the year is 2005), and that leads me to believe that in my dream, Mercy was on the album. Yay. also, the stage was very red and reminiscent of Vertigo Tour.

so, if U2 play two concerts in Adelaide for their "Loneliness Tour" on a red stage and decide to broadcast one live on network television, and if Mercy is on their new album, i have ESP. kthx

topic: have you dreamed about U2 before?

The craziest U2 dream I ever had involved me and the band camping out, we were supposed to be in the woods, but it was actually my living room. Anyway, we had to take turns staying awake to watch for bears, except Bono couldn't be trusted to stay awake on his own, so he and I took a turn together. And then our turn was over, and I was looking forward to going back to sleep, but then Bono kept poking me with a fork and wouldn't let me. And then finally he went to sleep, but then he kept tossing and turning and flailing his arms against me (we were all lying next to each other in our sleeping bags) so I still couldn't sleep. And then he woke up and started freaking out on everyone and accusing us of stealing his chocolate.

So basically, in my dreams Bono has the mentality of a 7 year old.

The first dream I ever had about U2 was in 1987, not long after I first became a fan. I can't remember much about it now except it involved me and the band and some talk show. I can't remember if I was interviewing the band or if I was another guest. I wish I could remember it better!

I once dreamt that I was on a surprise U2 concert in my home village (which is very small); I was so shocked they would play there and the stage was also very small. I went there with my father and my brother, who were not very interested in the show and left halfway through, which annoyed the hell out of me. Then it got very confusing, but at the end of the dream I was in my appartment in Vienna, where I live today, and the band came over and ate my selfmade apple cake in my kitchen. :lol:

I once dreamt that I was making up titles for their songs on the "white board" they keep in the studio.

Back
Top Bottom