My call for peace in Interference ( U2 are not breaking into your house and stealing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
your money) P.S. I don't trust Adam

OK, please people lay down, lay down your guns:wink: , so here we are all of you each individual man, woman or child who profess to be a U2 fan, but what is it to be a U2 fan? Do we get anything more special than a fan of Pink Floyd or Radiohead have gotten down the years, NO the first thing to sort out the problem is for me to say U2 are a band that play music they are not your mother, father, rabbi, priest or postman, I love music but to sort out this board we need to realise that although music can inspire et al ultimately it's a form of entertainment nothing more, yea nothing more, Jihn Lennon spoke about what he described as wallpaper music, it's nice and all but it doesn't mean anything, U2 is not wallpaper music by any stretch of the imagination but they aren't going to suit what they do for you and you alone but for the public in general and waht Jick said about not being concerned what they are like as people is right just give us the fucking music and look cool as well.

Interference unite and sign this thread with your name to get a bit of peace here in this place. this thread shall here afterwards be known as a time when chillin' was in order, I'd even propose for the mods to close all threads about the whole mess that is going on now, sign here:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Come on people end this shit now once and forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I trust the four members of the band. I'm pissed about certain things, but I think they are good people.

I know this anger about the tickets will subside, with some people never letting go, and others letting go completely. But it will simmer in a couple of months, only to be replaced with a new controversy.

I true response from the band and some type of make up arrangement would go a long way...it's very wrong to basically pocket $40.00 from your fans...(actually, for me almost $60.00...I had to re-up with another $20.00 after paying $40.00 originally just to get a propaganda magazine).

OK well thats a start and seeing I can't be here all the time it's going to be hard to stop people here from continuing anyway I'm going to try

Actually....I caught Edge in my house last night trying to steal my guitar picks. So, yes, in fact, one of the members of U2 DID break in to my house and tried to steal from me.

I had to mildly pepper spray him. He's doing better now.

I'd be proud to say that Edge tried to steal my guitar picks but whatever the case I do hope he'll be ok:wink:

Well said ZeroDude, we don't need to divide into factions for godssake! It's just a silly fanboard for a silly band who we all enjoy to some degree or another. (I don't think it's necessary to close discussion on it though, discussion boards ARE for discussion, after all). But people, just chill and stop fretting over whether or not some short Irish dude is a good person at heart. (I'm still following what the band's doing to fix this though, because I'm hoping for tix this fall!:wink: )

well, I'd like to remind you there's a difference between providing a service correctly and providing something that's in effect out of control chaos.

but I got no beefs here.
I was listening to HTDAAB last night and that shit was good.

Rafiennes said:
Actually....I caught Edge in my house last night trying to steal my guitar picks. So, yes, in fact, one of the members of U2 DID break in to my house and tried to steal from me.

Then mental picture of this entire scene cracks me up. :lmao:

JOFO said:
well, I'd like to remind you there's a difference between providing a service correctly and providing something that's in effect out of control chaos.

but I got no beefs here.
I was listening to HTDAAB last night and that shit was good.

True that, but this thread is for pure chillin' only:wink:

WELL SAID. :up: It's about time all these "I'm never going to listen to U2 again" and "U2 are bastards!" threads came to an end. It's okay to be angry on the first day, and maybe the second...but to keep harping on like this is more than mildly annoying. It's not like the band have murdered your first-born child, for goodness' sake!

I whole-heartedly agree with signing this thread! Well done for starting it Zero!

(now...what was I doing with that hammer and my copy of the new album..ah yes - TAKE THIS YOU ROTTERS! I'LL DISMANTLE U IN SECONDS!!:mad: :mad:

:wink:
see u at Cardiff!

Finally!!
*crawls in from other threads having been bruised and battered while trying to defend U2*

:wink:

(with that said: I think there will be an investigation of ticketmaster, again. maybe something will be accomplished this time :eyebrow: )

Rafiennes said:

:lmao: I think if Edge broke into my house I'd let him have all the guitar picks he wanted... but I'd make him sign my backasswards guitar first. And make out with him.

I'll sign this thread because saying you'll never listen to U2 again because of some dumb Ticketmaster thing is outrageous. The music is still good. Even if all four men in U2 were total bastards (which I don't think they are at all. I wholeheartedly believe they are all 4 good people), the MUSIC will always be classic. Most bands I listen to I don't even give a shit about who the people are in the band, I just listen to the music (U2 is an exception in this case). So...love and peace or else!

ZeroDude said:
your money) P.S. I don't trust Adam

OK, please people lay down, lay down your guns:wink: , so here we are all of you each individual man, woman or child who profess to be a U2 fan, but what is it to be a U2 fan? Do we get anything more special than a fan of Pink Floyd or Radiohead have gotten down the years, NO the first thing to sort out the problem is for me to say U2 are a band that play music they are not your mother, father, rabbi, priest or postman, I love music but to sort out this board we need to realise that although music can inspire et al ultimately it's a form of entertainment nothing more, yea nothing more, Jihn Lennon spoke about what he described as wallpaper music, it's nice and all but it doesn't mean anything, U2 is not wallpaper music by any stretch of the imagination but they aren't going to suit what they do for you and you alone but for the public in general and waht Jick said about not being concerned what they are like as people is right just give us the fucking music and look cool as well.

Interference unite and sign this thread with your name to get a bit of peace here in this place. this thread shall here afterwards be known as a time when chillin' was in order, I'd even propose for the mods to close all threads about the whole mess that is going on now, sign here:eyebrow:

Yeah yeah yeah, no complaining. Bono is a great guy, all is well.

HOWEVER - Here's my beef, it's not so much with U2, as it is with who they align themselves with.

TM, ClearChannel, U2.com, and U2 between them have got the financial resources to ensure a fair and equitable system of ticket distribution, it's the fact that they CHOOSE NOT TO come up with one that's slightly irritating.

How do I know they choose not to ? Well, how was everyone's ticket-buying experience ?

I love U2, will always love them, but next tour around I'll stick with the DVD. Yup, more tickets for you guys - Enjoy the scalpers, "convenience charges" and the seats half a mile away from the band !

I have my memories of the 3000 seat concerts, the front rows form the Pre-Propaganda fan club, th email order lotteries where everyone gets an equal chance, etc

I will sign. I have never caused a problem in relation to recent arguements and have respected the opinions of everyone here even those I did not agree with.signed.

Thank you all for coming, I mean people are just recycling their arguements now and that is just plain pointless

You can tell Bonos not Australian. Theres no way he would be able to walk around with his mouth wide open like that here, he would swollow too many flies. lol.

Back
Top Bottom