My baby niece's thoughts on Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
:ohmy:

My little niece, Lucy, is officially a nutcase. Which is hardly surprising as she is my sister's daughter! :bump: Everyone in my family is somewhat cuckoo, but Lu is starting early. She is also an evil genius.

I discovered today that our Lucy, aged all of 2 years and 6 months, knows who Bono is. This surprised me as my sister doesn't listen to U2 at all, and I don't play my music when I'm at her place.

This may not sound too crazy yet - but wait...

I went to visit my family in Harlow today, and while I was there, checked my e-mail and logged in to Interference. I had a quick look at the tour photo thread. Lucy, ever curious, came to investigate. When she saw a pic of Bono, she grabbed my arm and said "that man, that's Bonobonjela". :ohmy:

I was momentarily speechless. I asked her to repeat this declaration. She proceeded to do so. Word for word, syllable by syllable. I stared at her. She looked at me as though I was stupid, and said it again.

She knows 'Bonjela' because it's what we put on her gums whenever she's been teething. At first I thought she'd mistaken Bono for Jon Bon Jovi - now that's a bloody scary thought.:huh: But she's never heard of Bon Jovi, and I'm sure if she had, she'd call him Bon Jella anyway.

I am pleased that she knows who Bono is but am mystified as to how she discovered it. She doesn't watch much TV apart from kids' programmes.

For the record: Lucy is scarily gifted at all things technological. When she was almost 2, she got hold of my mobile, managed to unlock it by figuring out my pin number within approximately 30 seconds... and I'm not exaggerating.

We got her a childrens 'computer' for Christmas - you know, the Leap-pad stuff for 2/3/4 year olds? She couldn't be arsed with it. She threw a tantrum one night. Why? BECAUSE "IT HASN'T GOT THE WINDOWS ON IT".:eek:

I should point out that she was only 26 months old at this point.

She loves the CBeebies website and last week managed to change the computer language to Greek(Hellenic).

She also logged into my sister's messenger and sent me a message. Ok, so the message said 'I/AT'. As it came from my sister's messenger ID, I thought she had mistyped and asked what she was on about. It was only when I recieved a reply saying something like:

7fwe llll cg KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKPPPPPPPPPPP
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCETTTT

that I realised the who the real perpetrator was.

When my mum was in the bathroom yesterday, Lucy marched in with her baby sister's bottle of milk. Mum watched as Lucy carefully opened the shower door, put the bottle in the bath, shut the door, and waited patiently by the bathtub. :coocoo:

Mum, somewhat surprised, asked what she was doing. Lucy replied that she was warming up the bottle for Emily. In the bath. Which was empty.

Composing herself after hearing this announcement, Mum told Lucy that she is a nutcase.

Lucy, after thoughtful consideration, frowned and said, "Well Grandma, I'm not a DVD case am I?"

I solemnly swear on my life that this is entirely true. No, it's NOT an April Fool (it's April 2nd where I am now, anyway).

Last edited:
:lol:

I :love: children too.

My daughter has seen the Best of U2 DVD. She loves Last Night on Earth, but especially Please. Even though its sad. The old man puts on his beanie and flys away but the little girl cant fly because she doesnt have a beanie :lol:

beli said:
:lol:

I :love: children too.

My daughter has seen the Best of U2 DVD. She loves Last Night on Earth, but especially Please. Even though its sad. The old man puts on his beanie and flys away but the little girl cant fly because she doesnt have a beanie :lol:

Aww! :lol: Honestly, kids can be so funny!

My even littler niece, Emily, made me fall off my chair laughing today. She'll be a year old next month, and has just learned to stand up.

It's so cute watching Lucy go to Emmy when she's struggling and take her hand to help her walk. :love: Emmy, of course, thinks that the sun shines out of her big sister's nappy. It chokes me because it really reminds me of when my sister and I were kids... but it's so lovely to see.

Anyway. Empty Em (so called because she is ALWAYS hungry) decided she couldn't be bothered trying to walk today.

My family has 2 cats. Lavender is 12 years old and adores the kids. Wedgewood, on the other hand, likes them but keeps a safe distance at all times - he's a total nutter and runs a mile normally whenever little Em comes near him.

Except for today, that is.

He was sat in the living room with his back to Em. Em may only be 10 months old, but she's a mischievous little so and so with a huge naughty grin. She crawled up to Wedgewood. She's a noisy crawler so he must have been in another dimension not to hear her approaching.

She put both arms around him and shrieked "Widgie" at him!

"Widgie" yowled like a bashee and flew up the stairs at a million miles an hour, and was not seen for at least an hour afterwards.

POOR CAT, I know - but he should be used to the kids by now, we've had him for a couple of years... and the look on his face was the funniest thing I've seen so far this year.

:laugh::lmao:

Poor Wedgewood - it's obviously not his week. A tomcat wandered into the garden this morning, went up to Wedgewood, peed all over him, and left. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom