MTV wants to mash up U2 with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theflyshades04

The Fly
Eminem. I found this from the NYDailynews.

"['Mash-Ups'] gives us the opportunity to really open things up," said executive producer Tom Calderone. "We can be so much more broad than with any music show we've ever done."

Some combinations Calderone is kicking around for future concerts include Gwen Stefani and OutKast, and U2 and Eminem. He hopes to stage "Mash-Up" concerts several times a year.

Could be cool. the one mash up they have done is pretty good. so ya never know.

I once heard a remix of Eminem singing Without Me to the background music of U2's With Or Without You --- not bad at all.

Cheers,

J

I personally wish Eminem would go away, the most over rated musician if you can call him that of our time.

Medmo a mash up is a song that takes 2 popular songs and mixes them together. FOr instance the U2/eminem mash up takes the vocals of Eminem's without me, and U2's with or without you instruments and chorus and "mashes' them up. It speeds up the beat of WOWY to match eminem's vocals. Its really interesting. Just recently Jay-z and Linkin park made a Mash up album that went to the top of the charts.

Talented in doing what? Certainly in selling an image to brainless people but I would question his musical talent.

Making very superficial lyrics that people find somehow entertaining to me is not talent its garbage.

The only half decent song he ever made was Stan in my opinion.

Just another spoiled rotton white kid that has come up now rapping like he had it so difficult in life. I think some of these musicians should go out and get a real job for awhile and see how tough life can really be.

Yahweh nailed it, on all accounts. I can make fun of peolpe, speak quickly and sample music...where's the fame and money?? :huh: :wink:

While I personally didn't care for the "With Or Without You"/"Without Me" mix (perhaps if they'd used one of U2's more danceable songs, it would've sounded better-a slow one just sounded odd), I don't mind Eminem's music, and I know U2 doesn't mind them, either, or at least, Bono doesn't, so if they did a mash up with them both, it could be interesting to see.

Angela

Yahweh said:
Talented in doing what? Certainly in selling an image to brainless people but I would question his musical talent.

Making very superficial lyrics that people find somehow entertaining to me is not talent its garbage.

The only half decent song he ever made was Stan in my opinion.

Just another spoiled rotton white kid that has come up now rapping like he had it so difficult in life. I think some of these musicians should go out and get a real job for awhile and see how tough life can really be.

I don't like Eminem at all, but this post reaks of ignorance about the artist.

It isn't wise to speak before having the facts.

Bono is actually a huge Eminem fan. and Em is a big U2 fan as well. I could see this happening. Moonlit Angel a offtopic ? for you. Do u have a sis named Ashley. if so than I know you, cause I am her EX b/f. if not than ingore me cause I prolly sound like a idiot.lol.

Bono was at the Shady Covention that Eminem put on.He was interveiewd for a sec and said he loves eminem and whatnot. Eminem has said that he isnt a big fan of rock music, but he does like U2 Aerosmith Zeppelin Hendrix.

Interesting is about all I can say. I'm not really big on this commercial "mash-up" idea, but if both sides want to do it, hey, let's see what happens.

I think I did come across someone crossing Em's Without Me with With Or Without You. Not too imppressed, but yeah.

the whole bloody point of mash ups is that they're done clandestinely in bedrooms, not sponsored by mtv or whatever

as for eminem, his knack of conversational rhythm is amazing.

I could care less what Bono thinks of Eminem hes still a piece of crap musician, interesting I havent ever read a story saying that Bono likes Eminem yet though. If you can point me to an article where it states that I would appriciate it.

Yahweh said:
I could care less what Bono thinks of Eminem hes still a piece of crap musician, interesting I havent ever read a story saying that Bono likes Eminem yet though. If you can point me to an article where it states that I would appriciate it.

Yahweh,

From the front page of this very website, here's a quote from Bono:

America is just full of possibilities. Nobody buys their cars anymore so it gets angry and EMINEM happens - one of the great writers of the age comes out of Detroit

To me, that sounds a bit like Bono is admiring the songwriting abilities of Slim.

I am tripping hard, because I read that front page interference article and saw that and the first thought in my mind was "damn, it would be cool if Em and U2 did a mashup together". Here we are 5 minutes later, and I'm seeing MTV has the same idea (not sure if that's something good or bad...ha!). Sure what Em does in the commercial mainstream seems "poppy", but the stuff ge does that doesn't make it to radio is sometimes simply amazing. And I think Bono and Em will click on a different level in the future as Marshall grows up. He'll take lessons from Bono's humanitarian efforts and apply it to the side that connects with the hip hop world (i.e. inner city youth programs, etc.). People see Em for the controversial lyrics he writes, or the legal problems he's had in the past, but what most don't see is a guy who's not only raising his own child full time, but has also adopted his step brother so he can provide him a better life that he didn't get to have when he was growing up. That doesn't sound like a bad person to me.

here you go.
http://rapdirt.com/print3471.html

Bono Calls Eminem A 'Brilliant Lyricist'
Date: Sunday, December 15 @ 06:25:36 CST
Topic: News

U2 frontman Bono was ask for his opinion on several subjects to the Chicago Tribune including Eminem. He opined, "Brilliant lyricist and writer who is in the tradition of [the French poet] Rimbaud and the 15th century murder ballads."

Theflyshades04 said:
here you go.

Bono Calls Eminem A 'Brilliant Lyricist'
Date: Sunday, December 15 @ 06:25:36 CST
Topic: News

U2 frontman Bono was ask for his opinion on several subjects to the Chicago Tribune including Eminem. He opined, "Brilliant lyricist and writer who is in the tradition of [the French poet] Rimbaud and the 15th century murder ballads."

:hmm: Is it me, or does Bono know waaaaay too much about waaaaay too many things???

15th century murder ballads??? WTF???

:laugh:

Yahweh said:
I personally wish Eminem would go away, the most over rated musician if you can call him that of our time.

Rubbish. I don't get on with ANY of his music and have never bought a single record, but that's because I just don't go for his sort of stuff.

However, you have to admit he is exceptional at what he does and I'm sure his legions of fans, bless their cotton socks, think so too...

Back
Top Bottom