Most Memorable U2 Moment 4U

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2junkie

The Fly
What is/was your favorite and most memorable U2 Moment(s)? Mine was my
first U2 concert (almost 17 years ago, JT), ZOO TV, meeting Bono and Edge and, of
course the endless fun at 2001 Elevation!

Last edited:
Hmmmm, either the all nighter downloading ATYCLB the day it was released (back in the Napster days on a 56k connection), or my first U2 concert (SLC Elevation). :up:

Not sure why the ATYCLB downloading was so memorable, I guess I was just so excited for their new album. I sure remember loving it too! :up:

My most memorable moment was also the most rewarding moment. My girlfriend and I waited in line for nearly 16 hours in Dallas, during the spring of 2001, to get front row in the "heart".

I touched Bono boot (LOL...I felt like I was touching the shoe of Christ), touched his hand ((sighing)...Kafka-esque experience) and felt his sweat hit my forehead.

Later, we held up a sign that said, "Please play PLEASE?". The Edge saw it and chuckled, shook his head and non-verbally expressed regret about not having rehearsed the arrangement, or something to that effect.

My second most memorable moment was when I heard "With or Without You" for the first time. I stopped playing my video game when Bono reached those high notes toward the end. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I rewound the song and listened to it over and over again until I knew it by heart. I've been a U2 fan ever since.

Just ONE?

Hmmm ... here's a few. I don't really have anything significant, though.

- Listening to New Year's Day when I was about ten. I can still remember it playing in the car, clear as day. Ever since then, I've been convinced that The Edge is the best guitarist ever.

- Getting up early in 1998 to watch the top fifty music videos and being thrilled whenever The Sweetest Thing came on ... but being an eleven year old casual fan, I didn't even think to record it. GRR.

- Being given my first bootleg last year. That was a great moment.

- Receiving the full audio Christchurch 1993 bootleg yesterday. That was a real thrill.

I had one today actually. :)

I've just started downloading the Syracuse 10-09-87 video from relievetheconcert.com and the picture quality is nearly as good as a commercial release.IMO

But my most favorite is the Minneapolis concert

Last edited:
watching live on tv the performance at the live aid back in 85. that moment changed something in me.

There are too many to name but a few that stand out are: my first concert at the Palladium in May, '81, shaking Bono's hand in Austin during the Elevation tour and the first time I heard WTSHNN.

My first U2 concert. It was the tampa Elevation show (12/1/01). I was in the 2nd row of the heart.:hyper:

Nesskelz17@aol. said:
My first U2 concert. It was the tampa Elevation show (12/1/01). I was in the 2nd row of the heart.:hyper:
I was at that show! I was right at the tip of the heart.....on the outside, though..

when i heard i still havent found what im looking for the first time in my dads car. it was about 3-4 years ago i was in 6th grade and i was in a somewhat bad mood because my dad dragged me with him to this outdoor sporting expo that i couldnt care less about. then the song came on the radio and my dad was like "this is a good song by u2" and it totally blew my mind i was singing it 24/7 for a while untill i finally went out and bought the joshua tree....all i can say is, i was so happy my dad made me go with him to that outdoor sports thing

Axver said:
- Getting up early in 1998 to watch the top fifty music videos and being thrilled whenever The Sweetest Thing came on ... but being an eleven year old casual fan, I didn't even think to record it. GRR.
:ohmy: I was 10 at the time, and I used to get up too and watch Rage on Sunday mornings while playing ultra cool games like Civilization II, Fifa 98 and AFL 98, but when The Sweetest Thing came on I always paused my game and went and watched it. I loved it. Mind you, I had no idea who U2 were at the time. And I didn't know it was U2 for a few years after that.

I guess seeing U2 for the first time back in march of 1992. Seeing them for the first time was the unltimate thrill for me. I had been a fan since 1988.

Back
Top Bottom