More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probably be intelligent for Coldplay and U2 records to not be released at the same time.

Similarly, as easy as it is to dismiss the rumor (if it can be called that) that U2 pushed back their album to avoid competing with Arcade Fire, it's not absurd to suggest that U2 and Arcade Fire releasing albums at the same time wouldn't be the best idea for either band.

And all three are now under Universal.

I was thinking about the supporting act (yes, already, because deep in my heart I want Editors to open for U2), and it has to be a band in same label? Or it could be an random group chosen by the band?

The Editors opening would be awesome. I love their current album and saw them live a couple of weeks ago.

I was thinking about the supporting act (yes, already, because deep in my heart I want Editors to open for U2), and it has to be a band in same label? Or it could be an random group chosen by the band?

Does not have to be the same label (e.g. Muse are Warner Music). But the collective decision making that goes into lining up support acts goes far beyond 'chosen by the band', and would include Universal looking to get an act in front 80,000 people a night in X market. For example, I'm sure U2 are all fans of Florence and the Machine, but that one was probably as much 'from above' and about getting her the extra US market exposure as anything else (she is also Universal). In all cases it's about interests aligning, and the bands tastes underline it but don't 'choose' it.

Opening acts I would like to see:

The Airborne Toxic Event
Editors :up:
MGMT
Metallica
RUSH :hyper:

Even though they're a little cheezy and nothing better than an occasional guilty pleasure for me, I would be ok with the Boxer Rebellion opening up for U2.

In other words, that might be good enough to actually get me to show up at the venue before 8pm.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love them to shelve the support acts entirely and play some extra numbers (hopefully some rarities lol).

Ah you're right, I didn't take that into account.

Looks like Brazil is GMT-3 or -4, depending on the cities. Damn, if they play at night that means it'll be very very long nights for me. :lol:

The games are very much scheduled around a European audience. Some games will be late night but the majority will kick off between 8pm and 11pm GMT

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love them to shelve the support acts entirely and play some extra numbers (hopefully some rarities lol).

I'd guess you're in an overwhelming majority with that. I think most of us would take an extra 15-20 minutes of U2 on stage over an opening act, especially if they busted out something rare. Not likely to happen, they aren't Pearl Jam or Springsteen when it comes to live versatility unfortunately.

I hope they get Interpol again. I get so much reading done!
:lol: Gets me caught up on sleep, though it was rather creepy how many people took pics of me sleeping.. ah well, I was probably more entertaining while sleeping than Interpol playing...

The games are very much scheduled around a European audience. Some games will be late night but the majority will kick off between 8pm and 11pm GMT

:love: Awesome!

I hope they get Interpol again. I get so much reading done!

Yeah Interpol was horrible. I've never been to or seen a more uninspired performance. As a lead singer how the hell don't you get up & at least a little excited to play to a crowd as large as the stadiums on 360? Even when 1/4 to 1/2 full that's something. If that's their schtick, give me a misfunctioning life size mirror ball lemon anyday over Interpol's boring crap.

Was Interpol that bad? I missed the opening act for the make-up Chicago show in 2011 because traffic was horrendous (got to my seats with only about 10 minutes to spare), but apparently I didn't miss much. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom