more AB on Elevation than Popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
just realized that there were more songs from Achtung Baby played live on the Elevation tour than the PopMart tour.

Elevation tour: One, Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until End of World, and occassionally Even Better Real Thing, and Wild Horses

PopMart tour: One, Mysterious Ways, Until End of World, Even Better Real Thing

marik said:
just realized that there were more songs from Achtung Baby played live on the Elevation tour than the PopMart tour.

Elevation tour: One, Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until End of World, and occassionally Even Better Real Thing, and Wild Horses

PopMart tour: One, Mysterious Ways, Until End of World, Even Better Real Thing

I wouldn't really count WGRYWH as being on Elevation ... it was only a snippet.

The less of AB on the next tour, the better. Besides UTEOTW, that is. That should be played every night.

The Fly on Elevation Tour was awesome. I never get tired of the one from Boston.

Re: Re: more AB on Elevation than Popmart

Axver said:

The less of AB on the next tour, the better.

:tsk: You wash you mouth out with soap right now mister! You cannot say such things about such a fine record!

Re: Re: Re: more AB on Elevation than Popmart

iacrobat said:

:tsk: You wash you mouth out with soap right now mister! You cannot say such things about such a fine record!

Ehh ... quality record, but U2's made a lot better stuff. I'd much rather hear The Unforgettable Fire than Mysterious Ways or In God's Country instead of Even Better Than The Real Thing.

Man, UF is a wicked record, but not nearly as interesting and as broad as AB. AB is tighter and more coherent and covers many more themes than UF. AB is way more colourful for me.

I think the unfair advantage AB has as well is maturity.

It only makes sense that the very next tour after ZOOTV would not have as much AB, they had just done that. There wasn't much Pop on Elevation either. They rotate their stuff, just keeping in a few classics they know most casual fans (about 75% of their concert audience) come to hear.

Back
Top Bottom