MERGED-->Vertigo's lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Vertigo's lyrics

Man Ray said:

Hello,Hello
Well I met a place called Vertigo
lights go down, and all I know
that it's you that gives me something
I can feel your love ( ? ?) to be fine
Your love is ( ? ?) to be fine

Hey guys, this part we can obviously hear from the leak we got. I always thought he said "I can feel your love teaching me..", never picked up "to be fine". ????

I think this may be a mistranslation. I also think the "I man a place called vertigo" is "I'm in a place called vertigo".
I've always been told English is a hard language to master...

i think your right, if we re[place those verses that we already had I think it'll be closer but now we have more of an idea of hw the lyrics will be and a better understanding of the structure of the song!

Earnie Shavers said:
I dunno. It really doesn't sound like he's saying "I man a place called Vertigo" to me. "You're in a place called Vertigo" sounds right....

I totally agree. I think there are a lot of holes in this one.

I think this is just some guys take on the lyrics, it's not official so I wouldn't put any faith in it. And also because of the language barrier - if he's Italian, that may also be a reason it may be off. Just someone (like us) trying in vain to get the lyrics!

Yeah, I think his expression is totally representative of how I feel about all of the information and misinformation flying around.

These are NOT the official lyrics, right? Only someone's take on them. Why is everyone assuming that these are, indeed the final lyrics?

Posted at the site"

> U2List : Vertigo lyrics
September 15th, 2004
Please do not post the lyrics and make it look as if they are official. I know for a fact that there are a lot of mistakes in the lyrics you have here. If you post, please post with a disclaimer that they are NOT the official lyrics, only someone’s guess. Thank you kindly.

No one said these were official. They are obviously a transcription from someone who has heard the song. I think the (??) in several places makes that clear.

Edit: I should clarify this: They are obviously a transcription from someone who may have heard the song.

Last edited:
The only thing is the 1:26 clip we have *really* sounds like the beginning of the song.

The "oh oh oh's" don't really feel like a transition, especially how Edge kicks off the first couple of chords right after that. Sounds very much like an intro. Also one of the Spaniards asks 'is this u2?" while the other confirms that it is. Just my impression. What do you think?

I think you are right. The lyrics posted at the link don't even have the part where Bono says: "All this is all for you, all things fall from you, sail away into the night, etc..." So I'd take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

This part:

All of this was all for you
All of this falls from you
Sail away into the night....

I know that part is in the song, so I am wondering why that's not on the lyrics posted at the link. Ugggh, the wait, the wait!!

I actually have ties to the music industry here in LA and I can't get ANY info. They are being tight, tight, tight with it.

I don't think the beginning of the clip is the intro to the song. I think the 'Ohhohh ohh"s we hear are between the second verse and the chorus. The the "all of this falls from you. All of this was for you" part is the bridge. Then comes the final chorus. Makes sense to me at least. The part where it cuts out reminds me of the slow part of elevation right before the final chorus.

Vertigo Lyrics

Lights go down it’s dark
The jungle is your head, can’t rule your heart
I’m feeling so much stronger than before
Your eyes are white(wide)??
and though your soul can’t be bought
you might be (wondered)??
Chorus
Hello,Hello
Well I man a place called Vertigo
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
It’s you that gives me something
I can feel, feel

The night is full of holes
there is bullets rip the sky
on ink with gold
they twinkle
as the boys play rock and roll
they know they can’t dance
at least they know
I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2
Whoa x4
Chorus
Hello,Hello
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
It’s you that gives me something
I can feel, feel

break Bono mumbles sounds like names??

Edge solo

All of us, all of us can feel(??)x3
just give me what I want
and no one gets hurt

Hello,Hello
lights go down, and all I know
that it’s you that gives me something
I can feel your love (??) to be fine
Your love is (??) to be fine
I can kneel(??)
kneel(??)
Yeah x16"

So these are the supposed it lyrics. My question is this: what does this song mean? The new songs are supposed to be about "big ideas". Well, i welcome you all to anaylize Vertigo

brachanam9 said:
This part:

All of this falls from you
Sail away into the night....

I know that part is in the song, so I am wondering why that's not on the lyrics posted at the link. Ugggh, the wait, the wait!!

I actually have ties to the music industry here in LA and I can't get ANY info. They are being tight, tight, tight with it.

This is my interpretation, which I'm pretty sure is right. They obviously listened to a new version of vertigo with different lyrics because 'sail away into the night' was replaced with 'just give me what I want and nobody gets hurt.' There's no way he says that on the Spanish clip.

U2dork said:
What? You don't like Beeker? Meep, Meep?
Actually, he's starting to freak me out as well. I might have to change him soon.

I just have this crazy image of Beeker hovering over a keyboard hitting the keys one stubby finger at a time. Very weird indeed. But better than 'Bunson' he couldn't even see.

Back
Top Bottom