MERGED-->U2 to get nothing at Brits + U2 Won Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
U2 to get nothing at Brits....

From The Sun -

BRITS ATOMIC BOMBSHELL!

U2 wont win anything at The Brits tonight, despite releasing the album of the year.
Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam are nominated for 2 gongs, Best International group and Best International album.

But Brits insiders tell me, that they will leave the glitzy ceremony empty-handed.

Many industry experts will see it as a scandal, after the band sold 9m copies of their brilliant new album HTDAAB.

Critics loved it, and it is U2's fastest selling album to date.
Green Day are now faves. for Int.Group and Scissor Sisters top of the pile to scoop Int.Album.

It's incredible that U2 will get nothing - it's even insulting. Everyone agrees that their album is almost impossible to top.
Most people expected U2 to go home with the double tonight, though the band can't make it to the bash as they are rehearsing abroad for their new tour.

But the band will obviously be disappointed not to win anything.

(Victoria Newton - The Sun)

I was under the impression that U2 were playing there? Oh well, I certainly won't be tuning in now anyway.:madspit:

Last edited:
Me too. Unless it's the comedy awards:wink:

If this is true tho, it's pretty shit. I bet the guys are glad they're not playing now - just to turn up, and see the damn Scissor Sisters take an award over them...:mad:

Absolute joke.

I like the Scissor Sisters. Besides aren't these awards for the youngsters? I'm sure Jake's half naked godliness is more droolworthy than Bono to 16 year old girls. ( and slightly older women :reject: )

lol! Yeah I guess so Beli.
I'm just annoyed - dont mind me! It's the major music awards here in the UK, and it's a shame that my favourite artists aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

My mates have just been saying to me - "oh shut the fuck up, your always on about them" (as they do!)
But it's not as if I dont have a point this time! They have released a superb album, that deserves to be recognised at this show.
These new bands can still fight it out for Best Newcomer and Best Int.Newcomer.

Oh well....:shrug:

My favourite artists, actors, movies, etc never win awards. I gave up on the whole "system" years ago. lol.

PS Did you read the Steve Lillywhite interview at U2.com where next week he will discuss the gender split on people who like A Man and A Woman. I predict you are going to be in the minority gender that week. But you are welcome to stay :hug:

U2 won't get the award because they are already in the twilight of their storied career. U2 won't be of good use to them anymore. Unlike Green Day and the Scissor Sisters, where the Brits executive can say "see we awarded them first" and those two artists will forever feel indebted to play future Brits. So it makes much more sense to let active bands win instead of retireable bands.

Cheers,

J

Just looked. Its a voting online scenario ie the little girls do the voting. Bono would be about as attractive to teenage girls as Mick Jagger was/is to me.

good article though! its get U2 more exposure and more people will now buy the album for sure! i like Victoria Newton from the Sun Newspaper cus she just loves U2!

awful news. but there is still hope, i have never really classed the sun as being the most "reliable" paper in the world, but its only the brits,

I can't see them winning either, I think its on the cards for Scissor Sisters and Green Day to win. I thought U2 were playing live as well, I guess not.

The majority of Brit awards are voted for by people in the industry - radio djs, record company execs etc. I think there are a couple of awards voted for by the public but not many.

Its an absolute disgrace but nothing more than I expected!:madspit:

They were supposed to be the headlining act for this years show no wonder they pulled out and are playing the Grammys next week instead!!

You watch next week at The Grammys they'll win everything apart from Best Female Singer!!

Aardvark747 said:
I havent read that....

Oh dear, maybe I will be called a homosexual by my fellow fans...:sad:

:wink:

Nah, Edge and Adam both like the song too. Bono wrote the words. Somehow I don't see Larry liking it as much.

Marusa said:
who does the voting is very important...masses don't have any taste

Well, it's good to know that 9mlns of people... and those 2 mlns from america... have a good taste...:up:

I dont think award shows should be "just for youngsters" If they are truely thinking that the Green Day album is better that is fine but if they are voting for Green Day because U2 has won many awards before hand that is wrong.

U2 is still the worlds absolute best international act and there is no disputing that whether The Brits acknowledge it or not.

i still think they will win an award, just going off the ITV news before, when they mentioned U2 "Still being the biggest band in the world" and that they were going after there 8th brit award, so maybe these "insiders" are noone

There are a few teens on PLEBA who find Bono v. appealing, actually! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom