MERGED-->U2 and 2003 Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stories for boys, sometimes i wonder how similiar we are.

ok, maybe were not similiar at all, but we both hate creed.

thats a good start.

rymyx said:
Coldplay should be nominated for best album as well as best alternative album.

AROBTTH is one of the best albums ever, cmon grammy pull your head outta your ass.

Amen to that!

I'd love to see Coldplay win the ones they're up for. I think it would be a little weird if "Walk On" won two grammies in two separate years. Maybe I'm just ready to move beyond the songs of ATYCLB.

I think it would be a little weird if "Walk On" won two grammies in two separate years. Maybe I'm just ready to move beyond the songs of ATYCLB. [/B][/QUOTE]

You've got a point here. I am tired of ATYCLB being U2's "newest" album. I mean, it's a great album, but it isn't the best they can do. I'd like to just put that album behind with all their other work now and get something new.

But on the other hand, I hope U2 win this award, just because I want them to win every award. ATYCLB sales will probably jump again.

When did you hear? Was it preshow or something? I was watching the whole time. Who won? :mad: :sad:

U2Kitten said:
When did you hear? Was it preshow or something? I was watching the whole time. Who won? :mad: :sad:

I was going to ask the same thing because I have been watching the whole time too! :scratch:

I'm glad for Coldplay though! :happy:

:( :down: U2 is waaaay better. They deserved it. I'm bummed out.

bawling.gif

bawling2.gif

Was it just me, or was there almost no mention of U2?

I watched the entire grammys starting at 6 with the red carpet. In those 5 1/2 hours where I expected to see at least some U2, I saw none. Did they even televise the award that U2 was nominated for? Who got it? When I was watching the red carpet- the only U2 I saw was maybe Bono in the backgrpund, and maybe Adam off to the side when Joan Rivers was interviewing Naomi Campbell. Did anyone see any more U2 than that? i think I saw Bono in the audience at one point but i can't be sure. Very disappointing if you ask me

HelloAngel said:
I didnt see any of them.. and was surprised Bono didn't participate in the tribute to The Clash.
Carrie,
Iam too.
I found it odd.
There is no reason Bono shouldnt of been sanwiched between Bruce and Elvis C. playing and singing..
or
during the instrumental part Bono shoulda made a suprise entrance and finished the last verse of the song w Elvis.:|
The crowd woulda went nuts:up:

It neared greatness, but lacked its potentail.
I wonder who's idea it was and why Bono wasnt included.

DB9

Last edited:
I agree I am surprised that Bono is not there tonite, being in NYC and all and being presented with such a great award on Friday night by the Grammy foundation, sad they didnt include him in some way. And damnit I still want to see that "Unforgettable Bono" video montage on the tv screen!
An awards show is just not the same without U2 !

U2 lost out to Norah Jones who took best song featured in a movie and Flaming Lips won best intrumental, but had to give the award to Norah Jones, Norah also took home best Latin album, Best Hip Hop Album, Best album sung by a girl, Best new artist, she also took home the Artist of the Millenium award, Best video even though it's not a video award show award, Best song ever that uses a piano, Album of the year, Record of the year, they revoked Steely Dan's award from 2000 and gave it to her too, Then she won the Fiona Apple "We like you this year but will hate you next year" award, and the show ended with a touching tribute to Norah Jones from Bruce, Elvis Costello, and Dave Ghrol.

Hehe, I kid, I kid. I think it's nice that someone that is talented as Norah is finally getting recognition after these past 5 horrible years the industry has gone through. The only thing is, all this recognition could put her on a pedestal too soon, and she could end up being one of those people that have one good album that does well and then she's never heard from again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom