MERGED --> U2 3D REVIEWS + Back from a U2 3D screening... + U23D - **Spoiler Alert**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, any sign of the good songs, i.e. The First Time, Fast Cars, Mothers Of The Disappeared, and that brief Love Is Blindness? A full setlist would be awesome.

:wink: :drool: Wow! If ever I wanted to be in the City of Angels! Too bad I am so far away! i can go to St.Augustine to see it!! Yes,
Liesje, i think a trip IS in order!! Cool! U2-3D! YES!! Ready To Rock! :heart: :rockon:

Did they chill out on the editing to avoid epileptic fits? One interview said they had to keep slow edits to get full use of the 3D.

Was it ever obvious that they filmed at more than one stadium? Was Bono's buzz cut ever visible?

this is a long shot but did you happen to notice whether it seemed like the bulk of the footage was from the second argentina show that was also pro-shot?

skott you're about to get hit by a truckload of questions :)

thanks so much for the review, i might have to start taking medication to calm down...why did you have to do this to me...

but i would like to know if they have the wake up music..that music gives you that epic feeling of a U2 show..perfect music for vertigo show i hope it wasn't cut out

Thanks so much for the fantastic review! :) It sounds awesome!!
Glad to hear Bono's voice is strong... !

Can't wait for the Australian release date sometime in March. :D

Wonder if they ended up using any of the crowd footage they shot at the Melbourne shows?? That would just top it off for me!

"thanks so much for the review, i might have to start taking medication to calm down...why did you have to do this to me..." - Rob33

Lol, Rob, you make me laugh. :) I thought I was excited... but I think you are outdoing me! lol!

What my friend told me about the Melbourne shows was that they were filming because they needed extra footage for certain scenes. They were not allowed to film Bono from the neck up because he had cut his hair. And there was something else, maybe Larry as well. If any of them had physical changes from March til November, they couldn't film. Certain restrictions applied. My friend filmed behind Larry on night 2, and from the crane in the crowd on night 1 :)

thanks for a great review. You just got me really excited to see it, even though I have to wait til it's in wide release in Feb.

Fantastic review. I am very thankful you did not spoil the experience for any of us. You rock!

Re: Just back from a U2 3D screening...

skott100 said:
I'm just back from a press screening here in San Francisco. I belive my jaw is still on the floor back at the IMAX.

I will attempt a quick "review", and I use that term lightly, with a few brief thoughts... I mean other than "holy shit!" and "wow!" and "oh my GOD" that is...

Catherine Owens, you are the Eno/Lanois of U2 visually. You "get" them like no one else and as far as I'm concerned, no one belongs behind a camera crew at a U2 show other than you from now on. Paul McGuinness, get her an office at Principal. Buy her a plane. Set her up next door to the band in the south of France with a villa. Do what ever you have to do.

The people of Argentina, you are the stars of the show. Thank you for your enthusiasm. It's never been more clear how much the crowd has to do with a breakthrough U2 performance than in this movie. U2 fans around the world owe you a debt of gratitude for making this movie and this performance one of... no... THE best U2 live concert film of all time. That's right. I said it.

No one looks cooler 10 stories tall than Adam Clayton.

Bono's voice was as strong as I've ever heard it.

The audio mix constantly catches you by surprise and you'll hear things in the music that you've never heard before. And the 3D... it's such a cliche to say "you feel like you're there" but really, that's what the 3D brings to the show. So now we can all feel what it would be like to literally stand on stage with the band. Not to mention fly over them.

The opening sequence is a great tribute to us, the fans. No slow motion "band walking on stage" footage. For everyone who's ever gotten there early and made the mad dash to a great spot on the floor... you'll feel that rush all over again.

I don't want to spoil any shots for anyone but I will say Larry fans are in for a treat. Music gear nerds are in for a treat. And "The Fly" is like nothing you've ever seen before. Simply astonishing.

U2 3D is the definitive U2 live concert film. Period. They nailed it folks. It's done. This is it.

I have to see this

now

BonoFox1 said:
:wave:OK LA FOLKS!! The Bridge is going to post the all the info about U2-3D on their website tonight after 5pm...
**Tickets will go on sale TONIGHT!!!!**
I am waiting to the woman who will tell me about group sale tickets to calll me back.

http://www.thebridgecinema.com/guide/guide.asp?l=7801

P.S.
Lets make arrangments in the Discotheque thread so we can all meet up and plan this movie viewing party out:yippie:

looking at the seating chart Lila posted :

imax-auditorium.gif

What do you guys think of the seats from rows D through F seats 11 through 23? that way we will be in the same seat cluster and talk to each other :)

BTW The thread got moved to Gatherings ;)

Rob33 said:
but i would like to know if they have the wake up music..that music gives you that epic feeling of a U2 show..perfect music for vertigo show i hope it wasn't cut out

The wake up music? :huh: Uh...you mean Wake Up by Arcade Fire. I'm curious to know if it's in the film as well. After seeing 4 Vertigo shows, I got to experience the epic, transcendent and mind-blowing opening combination that was Wake Up----City of Blinding Lights. I'm not sure how it would feel like with Vertigo opening the show.

BonoFox1 said:

looking at the seating chart Lila posted :

imax-auditorium.gif

What do you guys think of the seats from rows D through F seats 11 through 23? that way we will be in the same seat cluster and talk to each other :)

BTW The thread got moved to Gatherings ;)

I got row H seats.... right in the middle. They look good to me.

BonoManiac said:

The wake up music? :huh: Uh...you mean Wake Up by Arcade Fire. I'm curious to know if it's in the film as well. After seeing 4 Vertigo shows, I got to experience the epic, transcendent and mind-blowing opening combination that was Wake Up----City of Blinding Lights. I'm not sure how it would feel like with Vertigo opening the show.

yeah haha, "the wake up music," you get it :wink:

good point, maybe it wouldn't be so good in combination with vertigo...well, skott, can you enlighten us?

BonoManiac said:
After seeing 4 Vertigo shows, I got to experience the epic, transcendent and mind-blowing opening combination that was Wake Up----City of Blinding Lights. I'm not sure how it would feel like with Vertigo opening the show.

Well, it was used with Vertigo at all the European gigs and a handful in North America ...

Axver said:

Well, it was used with Vertigo at all the European gigs and a handful in North America ...

No, I realize that. I was just wondering what the feeling was because after experiencing it 4 times, I have a hard time imagining a better opening sequence—although, I could be wrong.

BonoManiac said:
No, I realize that. I was just wondering what the feeling was because after experiencing it 4 times, I have a hard time imagining a better opening sequence—although, I could be wrong.

I didn't see it with Vertigo, but I did see it with LAPOE, and I actually preferred that. LAPOE was such a thunderous opener.

:drool: must. see. U23D.

and "Larry fans are in for a treat?" could it be that a 4 story Larry will flash us a grin?????!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

MAN! it had BETTER make it to Australia!

Back
Top Bottom