MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in New Hampshire and received my letter and membership ID card today. It was postmarked from Sacramento November 22, to give you a sense of perspective on where the letter was sent from and when.

Chris in NH

Anybody want my Propaganda/U2.com authorization number? Bidding starts at $50.

[/sarcasm]

My letter and card came today, and I live in New Hampshire. The letter was postmarked November 22 and sent from Sacramento, CA, so you can extrapolate perhaps from those two facts. I don't know if there's a rhyme or reason to how they're sending these out, but in the end worrying about this is kind of like mothers comparing when their babies learned to walk and say their first word. Sheesh...we all eventually learn to walk and talk, right? Also, my glorious silver-and-red membership card is rather meaningless until the web site gets updated and I can access the 'members only' content that will be there. Perhaps they are waiting for all the letters to go out and THEN they will launch the new site?

Chris in NH

Last edited:
youtwohearts said:

That's not a problem, I asked this one too, just call them with your prop number and they can adjust this for you. You want it under your Prop.
So what if they've already charged us the $40 though. I assume they'll give us a $20 credit then. Obviously things aren't organized enough at the moment to resolve any of these problems, but there's plenty of time...I'm not worried.

This worked well for ZooTV and it's great that they do this but the tixs I got for PopMart weren't super and I'm sure there were people on the floor that hadn't forked out the money for the "subscription". Then Elevation was a spastic disaster.

My GA tickets weren't available but since they were the cheapest I couldn't upgrade to the next available. It doesn't really seem worth the money and I'd rather take my chances with ticketmaster.

yo to all canadian prop members...

:wave:

has anyone in canada received this letter that everyone is talking about?

cuz i certainly haven't. :der:

or could it be that the mail here for some fookin reason takes ages to go anywhere? :rant:

anyhow, i won't panic...but it would be cool if any of us canadians to report here if they get it!! :up:

happy to hear all these happy americans getting their letters! :hug: :heart:

Is there a list somewhere where you can call up and see if you are still considered a member. I seem to be foggy on what my status is and I think I renewed for the Elevation tour.

I think they don't do it by location..I used to think so..I actually think they do it by how "high" up on the list you are...they start with membership # 1 on the list and go down from there. Those who joined first..who have been in the databse the longest...get it first. I joined in 1990 and used to get my letter seemingly not early, nor late either.

Well, I am now in D.C. and still have not received a damn thing... I e-mailed propaganda@u2.com and received an autoanswer without any specific answers since it assumed I received the letter. I moved a couple of times but I always let Terri know where I was moving. I sincerely hope I get the letter before I start getting paranoid.

Pablo

If they go by ID number maybe that is the reason. I joined in 2001 and am still waiting. Anyone that joined after that have received it???

I got mine yesterday in the Boston area but my sister did not get hers yet... she joined a few months after I did.

Hmm, I guess I will give it a couple of days and call by Thursday or Friday to see if I can still get discount without the letter. Hopefully, the "new" u2.com will be up by then.

Re: off topic, but...

4EVRU2 said:
Bonoloveslave, I'd love to know if this is you in the pic with your lips touching the lips of the utterly delectable B-man? What's the story behind it?

Nope not me :sad: It's a pic I stole from PLEBA from a Cali Elavation show...

RademR said:
i wonder how many scalpers will buy a membership and get 4 tickets to a stadium show. $40 is nothing compared to the major $$ they'll turn on those tickets.

Scalpers generally don't need to - in major cities where scalping tickets isn't illegal, ticket brokerage places (pro scalpers, basically) have a backdoor into Ticketmaster. They're given access.

Woooo freaking Hooo!!!!!
I got the letter yesterday!!!

I didn't thinbk I was going to be gettingone...I tellyou, those letters and numbers on the card have acquired a "Da Vinci Code"-like holiness and signigfigance for me, right about now:wink:

I thought that through Propaganda (or now U2.com) you would only be allowed to buy 2 tickets and that's it... is it 4?

Monkey79 said:
I haven't received anything in Georgia yet... anyone else checking in from down South?

Yes, it arrived at my grandmother's house in Atlanta on Saturday. She is forwarding it to me and it should be here today, I hope...(crosses fingers)...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
When did you join?

I'm not entirely positive, but I believe in 2000...

U2SavesTheWorld spent $40 for the membership thinking her letter was not coming, then the next day it did. She talked to someone at FanFire:

"They have adjusted my account (I'll sign up for another $40 one later if I want) to mark it as "Priority". I asked them if, when the site came back up, I would need to register online or if I just did it on the phone. Apparently I just did it on the phone and they are going to credit me back $20.

But, I'm going to call them when the site comes back up and make sure everything is cool."

Apparently in that brief window of time that people signed up, it was awebsite glitch and you weren't supposed to be able to sign up yet, almost 1,000 people did during that time. So I would call Fanfire to talk to someone if you spent the $40 and then got your letter.

Wait...so who do we talk to if Prop doesn't have our right address? I moved years ago and I don't think Prop has my right addy but I would love to get "priority" ticketing...

Back
Top Bottom