MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where do you actually pay to join this thing on u2.com? I was on there earlier, and signed up to the mailing list, but I didnt see anywhere about paying anything?:huh:

mkjc said:
I don't remember how many issues I received. That is, I am not sure if I am still one of those unfulfilled memberships and am unsure if I should be expecting a letter. Does anyone know of a way I can check?

my membership finished after the last issue, but I have still received THE letter, so don't be surprised if you get a letter on your doorstep soon:)

bonosbaby25 said:
my membership finished after the last issue, but I have still received THE letter, so don't be surprised if you get a letter on your doorstep soon:)
I was hoping this would be the case, but then I already jumped the gun on the new membership. I hope it all works out.

So then you're still getting the half off discount even though you're not owed anything by Prop? If so, that doesn't really seem right. I don't feel I'm owed any discount, but after 20+ years as a member...I don't want to be pushed to the back of the line for tix because my subscription ran out with Props last issue.

Ex Girlfriend will be getting a letter, lol

Prop subscribers DESERVE priority. ANybody who thinks otherwise is just jealous and pissed off that they never signed up for Prop in the past. Timing is everything folks.

So with this new U2.com club membership, we can purchase tickets in advance for one show only the entire tour? I remember with the ATYCLB tour, Propaganda allowed us to purchase tickets in advance for two shows during the U.S. spring leg. Then we received another order form before the fall leg that allowed us to buy tickets for a couple more shows. Sounds like this club membership gives us a one-time shot at buying tickets. I'm hoping they'll give us another opportunity to buy advance tickets for the fall leg, but I get the feeling that won't be the case.

Have anyone receive this letter yet? I only received one magazine so I am waiting for the letter. Can someone who already receive the letter post the name of the sender and the address?
Thanks

Folks, first off, Prop doesnt have that many memberships that are actually still active. So the "priority" status non Prop subscribers are freaking out about is going have very little to no impact on everyone else. Think about how small the membership is and then spread that accross the planet. The effects on an individual show you are trying to get tickets for is going to be nothing.

Second, I havent received my letters yet either (I have 2 active subscriptions) Dont freak out, as someone else mentioned Prop info is sent 3rd class and information is typically sent several weeks after the same info is sent to Europe. The same thing would happen with the magazine. So give it a couple more weeks before you start freaking out about it. At that point I would just email Terri with your member ID and I'm sure they will be able to accomodate you.

Third, there has NEVER been a guarantee of tickets regardless. Even now Prop subscribers being front of the line there is no guarantee there either. Your odds are increased and most likely you will get tickets. Also, they wont necessarily be great seats. Its a possibility and they have provided some fantastic seats to me in the past. But I have received a few average ones as well. You are dealing with a limited number of tickets here and in some markets you have alot of people going after a particular show. In N. America with it being arenas only, and the apparant popularity and hype U2 are generating currently. I will just be happy to have tickets period to the shows I want to go to.

Fourth, regarding scalpers. Yes a few may purchase these memberships. But the could have done the same thing with Prop before and that was only $20. Scalping of Prop tickets by pros was minimal. It will happen but I doubdt it will be rampant. Most pro scalpers have other deals in place with other connections that are easier for them anyway. So I wouldnt worry about that.

I think its cool Prop is doing this obviously as I still have a membership. But as I said, those of you that are not I would not freak out about it. Its not going to make any difference to your tickets.

Last edited:
I'm a little bummed-out that former Prop members will still get preferential treatment. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying they shouldn't get it this time 'round 2 help fulfill their previous membership subscriptions etc, but the idea of being given favour over my (or anyone elses) $40 now AND in the future kinda grates a little with me. My reason being for this is it can/could deprive other fans of the chance of getting some decent seats for the tour.

Yeah, I'm sure u could say that I wouldn't be complaining if the shoe was on the other foot if this is the case, but actually, I think I would raise it - as that's the kind of guy I am - I'd hate 2 think someone lost out because of my ability to gain a front row seat/whatever for the 20th time, y'know?

Basically, I guess what I'm saying here is...is this for life then now? ie: If you were a Propaganda member does that mean u will always now recieve preferential treatment above other subscription paying U2.com members? If so...I think that's wrong.

Once is fine, but continually is kinda unfair. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's how it seemed to read to me - can anyone clarify this? As I don't wanna seem like a grouch, I just like things 2 be fair.

PS: BlueRoom - just read your post after I posted, so thanx 4 that info too, appreciated. I hope my post has come across in the way I intended it to anyway.

Last edited:
I agree with you bananacologne, they should be "reimbursed" for the crap they went through with Prop, though I went through some crap with Prop that isn't being acknowledged because it wasn't in the past few years--c'est la vie.

But what about next tour of there is one? Are the old Prop members going to front of the line again?

BTW, are you the same bananacologne from the Org? (Prince)

This may be a bit off the topic. But yesterday I was looking at the liner notes for The Joshua Tree and there was the usual Prop mailing info and I thought to myself "will they be changing this on future presses of old albums?"

ultrraviolette said:
I agree with you bananacologne, they should be "reimbursed" for the crap they went through with Prop, though I went through some crap with Prop that isn't being acknowledged because it wasn't in the past few years--c'est la vie.

But what about next tour of there is one? Are the old Prop members going to front of the line again?

BTW, are you the same bananacologne from the Org? (Prince)

The very same! *waves* My reputation preceeds me then *eek* this is a first, Jeez, I hope it's all good! lol

PS: As 4 'Liveheads' post, that's just plain selfish and arrogant, and won't win u any friends here anytime soon if that's your attitude.

Have an opinion sure, just don't be so obnoxious about it, u sound like an 11 year old kid. Not one other person on this thread has lowered themselves 2 that, so why do u have to?!? By the tone of your post if anyone DESERVES anything it's u - and that would be sweet f.a.

Grow up.

Last edited:
blue room, always the voice of reason

Blue Room said:
Folks, first off, Prop doesnt have that many memberships that are actually still active. So the "priority" status non Prop subscribers are freaking out about is going have very little to no impact on everyone else. Think about how small the membership is and then spread that accross the planet. The effects on an individual show you are trying to get tickets for is going to be nothing.

Second, I havent received my letters yet either (I have 2 active subscriptions) Dont freak out, as someone else mentioned Prop info is sent 3rd class and information is typically sent several weeks after the same info is sent to Europe. The same thing would happen with the magazine. So give it a couple more weeks before you start freaking out about it. At that point I would just email Terri with your member ID and I'm sure they will be able to accomodate you.

Third, there has NEVER been a guarantee of tickets regardless. Even now Prop subscribers being front of the line there is no guarantee there either. Your odds are increased and most likely you will get tickets. Also, they wont necessarily be great seats. Its a possibility and they have provided some fantastic seats to me in the past. But I have received a few average ones as well. You are dealing with a limited number of tickets here and in some markets you have alot of people going after a particular show. In N. America with it being arenas only, and the apparant popularity and hype U2 are generating currently. I will just be happy to have tickets period to the shows I want to go to.

Fourth, regarding scalpers. Yes a few may purchase these memberships. But the could have done the same thing with Prop before and that was only $20. Scalping of Prop tickets by pros was minimal. It will happen but I doubdt it will be rampant. Most pro scalpers have other deals in place with other connections that are easier for them anyway. So I wouldnt worry about that.

I think its cool Prop is doing this obviously as I still have a membership. But as I said, those of you that are not I would not freak out about it. Its not going to make any difference to your tickets.

As soon as you get your letter, will you give us other Michiganders the heads up? :wink:

I think one time benefit is enough. I don't see why Prop members should continue to get extra benefits after this. I see the only reason to give them this one chance is to make up for not getting extra issues and other problems that have occured along the way. U2 have always given Prop memebers a chance at "good" seats, that's nothing new but now that it's gone I think a one time extra benefit would be enough.

does anyone have an email addy for terri at prop? i think i sent her an address change and still haven't heard back.

My letter from Propaganda just arrived today. It comes with the U2.com membership card with ID code on the back. Now if only they'd get the new U2.com site up and running so I can sign up!

BTW, the U.S. Propaganda letters are being mailed from El Dorado Hills, California, not Europe.

Lisa71 said:
I think one time benefit is enough. I don't see why Prop members should continue to get extra benefits after this. I see the only reason to give them this one chance is to make up for not getting extra issues and other problems that have occured along the way. U2 have always given Prop memebers a chance at "good" seats, that's nothing new but now that it's gone I think a one time extra benefit would be enough.

Co-sign.

U2ITNOL said:
My letter from Propaganda just arrived today. It comes with the U2.com membership card with ID code on the back. Now if only they'd get the new U2.com site up and running so I can sign up!

BTW, the U.S. Propaganda letters are being mailed from El Dorado Hills, California, not Europe.

Thats good news, the rest of N. America will probebly receive theirs over the next week.

BTW, the Prop info in N. America has never come from Europe anyway. Its used to be New York (Nanuet to be specific), sounds like the new info is coming from a new place (probebly some type of N. American U2.com staff), but the info never came from Europe before.

The tickets will also not come from Prop or U2.com. They hire a service to handle the distribution. Since Zoo its been Target Tours out of PA. I'm curious to see how it will be handled this time out.

double co-sign

Last edited:
It's my understanding that it is a one time deal...i.e. the code on the back of the card sent from Prop entitles members, if they wish to join the new u2.com/fanfire membership, a one time $20 discount and a one time ticket offer. Once the number is used to buy tickets, it's no longer valid...even if someone else gets a hold of it and uses it.

I have a question for those who've received these cards...is the code number your Prop number, or something else.

I received my card today also. I wouldn't know if it's my old Prop # or not since I couldn't find that in a million years if I tried.

I have a question about front of the line tix for Prop members. How do you think that would work? These days, most presales are done through Ticketbastard, and you input a code for the presale. Of course, with Prop, we received order forms in the mail for tix.

Any ideas how it will work this go round?

Lemon said:
I am a Propaganda subscriber who still had 2 issues left on my subscription. I joined at U2.com earlier this week just to insure my membership...but I never received a letter from Propaganda. Will they recognize that I am a Prop. member over at U2.com?? Will they refund me my $20 since I was a member of Prop. previously??

Who can I contact to clear this up?

Lemon, I'm in the same situation.

I haven't received my letter from Prop yet and I already joined up at U2.com.

I'll post if I find a way to best resolve the situation.

Bonofactor,

Read my prior post. It will probebly be handled by Target tours or a similiar company. Prop was technically not a pre sale when they did it before. A certain number of specific tickets were set aside for Prop from the get go. Essentially they were never put on the sale block. So Ticketmaster had nothing to do with them. I assume it will be handled in a similiar way. I wouldnt be surprised if it was order forms through the mail as it always has been. Although they may do something on the net this time. But I'm pretty sure they will have specific tickets reserved in advance for it.

Last edited:
OK, before I get into too much trouble...isn't it kinda amazing that, despite the obvious "bugs," the biggest band in the world actually HAS a system through which fans at least have some chance of receiving guaranteed, "preferential" seats/tickets?

I mean, there's no reason they have to do this. And they're doing it for a lot less than, say, the Stones, as many have pointed out elsewhere in the forum.

Having said that...I've been a Prop member since '88....I've gotten insanely amazing seats, and I've also watched friends of mine join the club the day tickets go on sale, and get waaaaay better seats than me.

I hope we're all in the same boat as far as pre-sales go, that is, we all have a fair (and ample) shot at getting the best seats possible for the show(s) of your choice. However, as someone who's renewed again and again, waiting for magazines that come with less frequency than the Summer Olympics, I am only somewhat satisfied with the 50% sign-up deal (assuming I get the snail mail, etc.)

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if, as a "long-termer," I got first shot at tickets...Back in the day, I would expect those with longer memberships to pass me by as well. I didn't know until recently that Prop wasn't taking new memberships, but A)you weren't missing anything, and B)if it's a "first come, first served" situation, then, that's their decision, and "fair" in its own lop-sided way.

AAAAND, having said all THAT, considering my "success rate" with Elevation Tour tix, I'll be glad just to get in the building, and surprised if I can see the whites of Bono's eyes.

Good luck, all!

Hi Blue Room,

I think your response was directed at TheBonofactor, right?

Back
Top Bottom