MERGED--->New video shot in Spain!! (vertigo?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redbook

The Fly
New video shot in Spain!! (vertigo?)

U2 has been shooting the new video the last 2 days in spain.
The chosen place was Delta de l'Ebre, the place where the river deads to the sea.

The security was extremely high, and the only details revaled was the end of the video, where U2 was playing over a giant target (the atomic bomb??????).

Info taken from http://www.u2eastlink.com

I'll try to reserve judgement until its out- but that DOES sound cheesy. What is it with U2 and their videos? I mean, by far the majority of their videos are just terrible. A few gems here and there, but good lord... you'd think they could pop out something good for the kickoff to this album, especially with all the $$$ they have.

Maybe the pink bunny will make a comeback, but this time with a big battery and playing larry's drums.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
A large target? Jeesh, that sounds fucking stupid. This video is gonna be like Elevation and be terrible.

Are you always this bitter? Because it's becoming tiresome annoying.:eyebrow:

In the end, who cares about the video?

Most people in the world may hear the song but never see the video. It's the song that counts. btw, no one has seen any bit of the video yet so I don't think its time to judge it. Who knows? If their is a big target it might be used in such a fantastically creative way that it will blow people away.:shocked:

I just want new content - video/single/album/interviews/tour etc.
Kinda like the new interview with u2 done by the senior staff here:wink:

Video - of course it will be good - but this is coming fom someone who would be happy with a video of the boys sitting around reading a newspaper so anything above that will impress me

MrBrau1 said:
A large target? Jeesh, that sounds fucking stupid. This video is gonna be like Elevation and be terrible.

Typical! Judge something based on a single reference that would pertain to probably a few seconds worth screentime.

Alex & Martin are phenomenal music video directors, and speaking as a music video director myself, I think its a safe bet that this video is going to be quite impressive.

ciao

Also, it's my understanding that the "target" the boys are standing over has more to do with the spirally "Vertigo" theme than the Atomic Bomb reference.

A heart shapped stage?! Sounds retarded!!!
A giant arch?! Sounds rediculous!!!
Autung Baby? What kind of album title is that?!!!

...Think about context people.

tkramer, good comments. I wonder if they are going to have a spiral stage for the tour that spins them around like the Even Better than the Real Thing video.

:wink:

Let's just give it a chance, they've picked someone who has an imagination for video's, it might sound stupid, but if we see it in the context you're meant to see it, it might work.

brachanam9 said:

Are you always this bitter? Because it's becoming tiresome annoying.:eyebrow:

i find his opinions to be refreshing because he's not always saying "OMG!1U2OWNS!!!11"

I've heard Scott Baio will be in it as well. I'm sure it will be great, because U2 have such a history of AMAZING videos.

Last edited:
Okay guys. This isn't going to be a video of U2 playing on a giant target. What they will probably do, is animate the target on the computer to make it spin around. You know so, U2 are playing on a big...hypnotizing...spiral...in Spain...? Or, it will be U2 playing the song really quietly near the ocean with all of these Spaniards walking by and talking.

It's not about kissing butt, it's about maintaining a sense of respect for the other people on this board . Saying something is "fucking stupid" sounds like my 13 year old nephew. I have varying viewpoits as well, I don't agree with everything the band has done, however I'm not going to curse about it and act like an arrogant A-hole. Maybe because I am older than most of you and work in the industry, I am used to different ways of conveying a distaste for something.
I'm probably coming off as a prude or something, trust me, I'm not. And it would be boring if this was a place that was full of robots who worshipped everything the band did "OHMYGOD! THEYRESOOOOOOHOT!!!" etc... I guess it's just the bitter tone is all. Sorry if I sound like an ass, let me apologize in advance for that...

Back
Top Bottom