MERGED ----> Mos Def takes a shot at Bono. + Doesn't this piss you off...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa man

Refugee
Dosen't this piss you off...

Okay, I just thought that I rant about how stupid people really are. I mean, bono is no god but man, I can't believe how people are playing the racial card... it's the US governments fault, not bono's!!!

SINEAD O'CONNOR is furious over U2 frontman BONO's public grief following POPE JOHN PAUL II's death earlier this year (03APR05) - particularly as the Irish rocker notoriously ripped up a picture of the pontiff years before his demise.

O'Connor is amazed by Bono's apparent hypocrisy, and admits she is getting "a little sick of Bono's self-importance".

She says, "I wasn't going to say anything until I saw him kissing he rosary beads that the Pope gave him.

"He put those rosary beads on that microphone (stand) the day the Pope died and went on about how great Catholicism is.

"I think he should apologise for that."

and if that wasn't enought....

Rapper-turned-actor MOS DEF has become the first star to record a new benefit single for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY star wrote KATRINA KLAP, inspired by TV footage he has seen in the wake of the August (05) storm that devastated parts of southeast America.

The track samples New Orleans, Louisiana native JUVENILE's NOLIA CLAP.

On Katrina Klap, Mos Def takes President GEORGE W BUSH and other leaders to task for reacting slowly to the tragedy.

He raps, "Mr President, about that cash/Policy for handling the ni**as and trash/You better off on crack, dead or in jail, or with a gun in Iraq."

The rapper also blasts rocker and humanitarian BONO, who he accuses of turning his back on the Hurricane Katrina tragedy after spending so much time and effort fighting poverty and erasing Third World debt.

He raps, "It's enough to make you holler out/Like where the f**k is Sir Bono and his famous friends now?/Don't get it twisted, man, I dig U2/But if you ain't about the ghetto, than f**k you too/Who cares about rock and roll when babies can't eat food?"

The track has been released to select DJs and is available on the Internet. No official release details are available.

Someone is out to make a quick buck. Such B.S....

to the sinnead o'connor, thing... who gives a shit about sinnead o'connor.

to the mos def thing... if you think mos def is out to make a quick buck, then you know absolutely nothing about mos def.

the "don't get it twisted" line says it all... he's angry. he should be.

i, for one, don't care. i'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch because someone has an opinion.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
to the sinnead o'connor, thing... who gives a shit about sinnead o'connor.

to the mos def thing... if you think mos def is out to make a quick buck, then you know absolutely nothing about mos def.

the "don't get it twisted" line says it all... he's angry. he should be.

i, for one, don't care. i'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch because someone has an opinion.

That's not the point. Ok, maybe he is not out to make a quick buck. But what I don't get is why is he targeting bono. What for? He is not the president. Im sure that bono is just as shocked as the rest of the world. But to say that he has turned his back? How so? They appeared in the telethon. I just don't get it.

True that he has an opinion. Everyone does, but were does bono fit in all of this. The one campaign has even acknowledge the disaster. He should know better, he was involved in that too.

you're scratching the surface but you're not quite there yet...

again, the key is in the "don't get it twisted" line...

bono was just used because he's become a poster boy for causes around the world. not because he's bono.

mos def is a black man who supports the one camapign and all the plights in africa. he has no beef with bono. his anger came from when people from the ghetto... where he also grew up (in new york, not in new orleans)... were being ignored and left to die while no one did anything.

again... don't get it twisted. he's not trying to take a shot at bono and/or u2... he's taking a shot at the entire establishment for being slow to respond to this emergency, which victimized mostly poor african-americans.

i highly doubt bono will care when he sees this or hears about it, if he hasn't already, and frankly, neither should you.

I don't know. I see it as a cheap shot. If he is taking a shot at the entire establishment then why not..... the US GOV for instance. Wouldn't you agree? I know that he mentioned Bush but it goes beyond Bush.

Because Im reading something that is totally ridiculous. Maybe you are right, I shouldn't care but like you said, everyone has an opinion. He should be attacking his government not others.

Headache, where has mos def supported the ONE Campaign?

Maybe I missed something.

Second, it IS a cheap shot at Bono (like so many others have been taking lately) and an attempt to promote his "charity" single at Bono's (and his credibility's) expense.

Third, if mos def is so angry at poverty in the USA, then why isn't he "adopting" some of the people displaced and putting his cred on the line?

Like most Americans, mos def is more hot air than action.

Personally, he could shut up for me.

Another American's opinion. :ohmy:

Ol' Mos Def, or whoever the hell he is, has the constitutional right, given to us by our founding fathers, to act like an ass if he chooses.

As far as Sinead O'Connor goes...now there's one to talk about Catholicism. Granted I'm not a high, holy Catholic but I'd rather see Bono kiss rosary beads than see Sinead on my television, rapping, "Fight the real enemy" and tearing up a picture of the Pope.

I've always defended Sinead and her right to speak her mind, but this pisses me off - especially after Bono and Gavin Friday agreed to work with her on the In The Name of the Father soundtrack not too long after the picture-ripping incident, when no one else would touch her with a 10-foot pole. Talk about ingratitude.

Zooropa man said:
Thanks Jamila. You are right. Im almost positive that I saw him in all those black & white commercials for the one campaign.
He is on the "ONE" campaign commercial..go figure:shrug:

Jamila said:
Headache, where has mos def supported the ONE Campaign?

Maybe I missed something.

http://www.one.org/Signatories.aspx

mosdef.jpg

O' Connor is obviously a moron. She bashed Bono for showing respect for the dead Pope? She thinks he should apologize? Geez.

People should have a right to voice their opinion, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like some people to keep their opinions to themselves.

Bono's American Wife said:

thank you.

mos def has been an active supporter of the one capaign. he is a breath of fresh air in the hip hop world.

and jamilia, how in the hell do you know what[/] mos def has done? because he doesn't go parading his charity around on oprah and larry king?

and why is it that you respond to what you think to be an insult by insulting right back, only without any proof to back it up?

that's not very bono-like of you. :adam::bono::larry::edge::heart::hug::barf:

Mos Def takes a shot at Bono.

I think it's beyond ridiculous, personally.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xml...ts bush + bono in hard-hitting charity single

The rapper also blasts rocker and humanitarian BONO, who he accuses of turning his back on the Hurricane Katrina tragedy after spending so much time and effort fighting poverty and erasing Third World debt.

He raps, "It's enough to make you holler out/Like where the f**k is Sir Bono and his famous friends now?/Don't get it twisted, man, I dig U2/But if you ain't about the ghetto, than f**k you too/Who cares about rock and roll when babies can't eat food?"

I like how he rhymes "U2" with "you too".

Seriously though, I like Mos, but there are more people than just Bono who care about tragedies like this. He's clearly got his own things to worry about. And it's probably a good thing he didn't get involved.

Interesting that the complaint about kissing the rosary comes from someone who tore up a picture of the Pope in public.

Headache, to me it sounds like a rip on Bono for turning his back on the ghetto (in New Orleans) yet he can do all the Africa activism. Apparently, f--- him.

Oh and before you launch into your "a right to his opinion" speech, this goes for everyone else as well.

Sinead doesn't car about black people on mopeds!!!!

Will this help her sell concert tickets in Minnesota?

Speaking of hypocrites, didn't she become a lesbain priest after ripping up a picture of the John Paul?

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom