MERGED ----> Bono's first new album lyrics? + New U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Bono's first new album lyrics?

Remember the Africa jam? Bono apparently has "8 new songs" and there were some lines on NBC's footage, according to atu2.com :

There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbor in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day.

:hmm: Are we in for a "corrupt globe/Africa" album?

Eh... Not really impressed. However, it's not like I can have an opinion because I haven't heard the actual song yet. :shrug:

"There's an old midnight. Please, you're just on your knees. There was no price to pay. Thank you for the day."

that's from the MSNBC article written by Brian Williams, so I don't know why he left out the other lines.

Okay, we seriously need a smiley that's rocking back and forth and clutching its knees.

:| :| :| :| :|

GibsonGirl said:
Okay, we seriously need a smiley that's rocking back and forth and clutching its knees.

:| :| :| :| :|

:wink:

again the word KNEES?????????

Possible??

This is what we're doing here now?

People are tired of complaining about HTDAAB, so now we're
complaining about these lyrics? From a NBC bit? for a song that may not even be a song?

We're judging demos now?

those lyrics look just as bad as the chilli's lol.

Larry will kick bono into shape :wink:

Hopefully bono will write in elfish instead of irish.

Bono needs to shut his mouth, he was not in Africa to write new songs but to see if Western aids are well used.
He and journalists should not mention this kind of information, it's not decent.

people are seriously complaining about this :|, as mr brau said a song that hasnt even been recored, and people are bitching already?

god help the band when they do release the new album, because it pretty obvious its going to get slagged of no matter what

guill said:
Bono needs to shut his mouth, he was not in Africa to write new songs but to see if Western aids are well used.
He and journalists should not mention this kind of information, it's not decent.

:wink: sorry but that comment wad laughable lol.

You expect a artist not to pick up his brush when he see's beautiful scenery ?

you expect a musican not to put pen to paper when he see's inspiration ?

what do you expect the guy to do ? watch CNN ?

god dam!

We all know Bono can do better than this drivel.

What happened to the man who wrote One Tree Hill, The Fly, Wake Up Dead Man, Until The End Of The World, and Promenade? Sure, he never was a truly amazing lyricist, but he was often a good, solid one. Where has this knee fetish come from?

Axver said:
What happened to the man who wrote One Tree Hill, The Fly, Wake Up Dead Man, Until The End Of The World, and Promenade?

He was kidnapped by aliens in the year 2000 and got replaced by an imposter that went against many things that U2 stood for in the past. Poor Edge, Adam and Larry are still being held captive by this man. Although, some say Larry is fake too. :shh:

Didn't you know this? I thought it was 'common knowledge'! :huh:

MrBrau1 said:
This is what we're doing here now?

People are tired of complaining about HTDAAB, so now we're
complaining about these lyrics? From a NBC bit? for a song that may not even be a song?

We're judging demos now?

Do they even qualify as a demo?

Are they the words he sang when he was jamming with the African band? It is likely they are something he just made up on the spot.

You know it's slow around here when people are bitching about impomptu lyrics and telling Bono to shut up because he can't write lyrics in Africa...:rolleyes:

These are crappy lyrics, but this is a great opportunity to just sit back and watch Bono's creative process happen.

guill said:

YEAH I HATE IT WHEN BONO TALKS, FUCK BONO, WHY DOES HE WRITE SONGS ALL THE TIME

I doubt these lyrics will end up on the album. It was a song he had written just the night before, he said. So it hasn't gone to music yet (unless he came up with something on guitar too?)

But hey, you never know. I'm not very impressed with the lyrics, but I'd really have to hear them in the context of the song, because that can really change things.

Axver said:

Does October mention knees even once?

No, but it does come close, with a few mentions of "falling down," "standing up" and "feet."

And more recently, of course, we've had "hands," "hips," "mouth" and "fist."

Actually, the lone body part I've yet to track down lyrically is "Pancreas." *crossing fingers for next album mention*

Back
Top Bottom