MERGED ----> Bono On American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
govikesU2 said:
Bono & Prince! Now that would be sweet!

Prince performed as a surprise guest on the AI finale last year. I heard the producers weren't too happy with him because he showed up 5 minutes before his performance and left right away afterwards without greeting any of the contestants or the crew. I doubt they would ask him back. It would be pretty awesome though!

I just worry when they said Bono promised musical worlds would collide I fear he's going to sing something with someone from Hip Hop or something aweful that will be very difficult to like(ex: U2 & Mary J Blige-One) That version made my skin crawl. I just hope if he is going to do a duet it's with someone who's voice will compliment his and not try to steal the show from him. I would rather he wasn't on it period I think he's done anough as is. He should be with the boys in Dublin working on the new stuff but who am I to criticize him.

govikesU2 said:
I just worry when they said Bono promised musical worlds would collide I fear he's going to sing something with someone from Hip Hop or something aweful that will be very difficult to like(ex: U2 & Mary J Blige-One) That version made my skin crawl. I just hope if he is going to do a duet it's with someone who's voice will compliment his and not try to steal the show from him. I would rather he wasn't on it period I think he's done anough as is. He should be with the boys in Dublin working on the new stuff but who am I to criticize him.

I think that was referring to the diversity in the artists scheduled to appear....everyone from Josh Groban, to to Pink, to Annie Lennox, to Celine Dion, to Akon, Kelly Clarkson, etc...just a guess!

From U2.com...
American Idol Africa Special: 'Idol Gives Back'
Bono is due to meet with the six remaining finalists to talk with them about the work of ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History and how they and the show's audience can help in the fight against extreme poverty.

The 'Idol Gives Back' special will run over two nights in the US this week, Tuesday and Wednesday. Bono's chat with the finalists will feature briefly on the Wednesday evening show.

The special will raise money for Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF) and other organisations that help children and young people in extreme poverty.

http://web1.one.org/node/276

"IDOL GIVES BACK" TWO-NIGHT SPECIAL
TO BENEFIT CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN NEED
IN AMERICA AND AFRICA

TUESDAY, APRIL 24, AND WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, ON FOX
Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Bublé, Annie Lennox, Il Divo
And Borat Sagdiyev Among Many World-Renowned Artists to Appear

During tonight’s live broadcast of AMERICAN IDOL, it will be announced that FOX, AMERICAN IDOL and the Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF) have partnered on an historic television event - IDOL GIVES BACK - a two-night special raising awareness and funds for organizations that provide relief programs to help children and young people in extreme poverty in America and Africa.

On Tuesday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 6 finalists will sing songs that can be considered "Life Anthems." In keeping with the IDOL GIVES BACK theme, all the songs performed will be about compassion and hope. After the performance show, viewers will vote for their favorite contestants via toll-free numbers and text messages, as usual. On this special night, however, viewers will also help change the lives of the truly needy. For every vote cast, AMERICAN IDOL sponsors Coca-Cola and AT&T, along with a range of additional partners, will donate money to the charity. The Ford Motor Company will also contribute to the cause in connection with its weekly music video, details of which will be announced soon.

The special two-hour results show on Wednesday, April 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) will be a star-studded evening featuring world-renowned artists and celebrities, including Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Bublé, Annie Lennox, Il Divo and popular Kazakhstan journalist Borat Sagdiyev (Sacha Baron Cohen) among many others who will take the AMERICAN IDOL stage.

During the Wednesday event, adding to the corporate contributions, viewers will be able to make their own donations via toll-free lines and the Internet.

U2’s Bono, co-founder of the One Campaign to Make Poverty History, said, "We’ll see worlds collide when Africa appears on America's most-watched TV show. This is a big deal, a little bit of pop history ... I wouldn’t underestimate the reach of this show or the impact its audience can have."

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! HE'S GOING TO BE ON THERE!!!

BONO TO APPEAR ON AMERICAN IDOL

April 23, 2007
posted by: Tassoula

It's really happening—Bono is appearing on American Idol this week.

Before you light up the forums and chat rooms with "he's a sell out" messages, just know that he's doing it for a good cause.

The April 24 and 25 episodes of the show will be themed 'Idol gives back' and voting for your favorite Idol candidates will yield a charity donation to a number of worthy causes around the globe. The ONE Campaign is just one of them.

Aside from Bono's appearance, Gwen Stefani, Michael Bublé and many other celebrities will show up to offer their support.

To watch a video explaining the special broadcast, follow this link:

http://www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback/

And this one is from U2.com.....

American Idol Africa Special: 'Idol Gives Back'

Bono is due to meet with the six remaining finalists to talk with them about the work of ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History and how they and the show's audience can help in the fight against extreme poverty.

The 'Idol Gives Back' special will run over two nights in the US this week, Tuesday and Wednesday. Bono's chat with the finalists will feature briefly on the Wednesday evening show.

The special will raise money for Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF) and other organisations that help children and young people in extreme poverty.

Further information at one.org

its not a bad idea at all...its a terrible idea :happy:

hope he gives bloody good speech like he did at NAACP :drool:

I admit, I'm wrong, I thought he would have nothing to do with AI.

But he isn't performing, and since Sanjaya is gone, Bonjaya will live only on Interference. Thank the Lord.

well at least Bono isn't performing live but just a taped portion which is what I figured.

I think worlds would collide if he performed on stage if not that my head would explode... :combust::huh:

bayou12780 said:
http://web1.one.org/node/276

"IDOL GIVES BACK" TWO-NIGHT SPECIAL
TO BENEFIT CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN NEED
IN AMERICA AND AFRICA

TUESDAY, APRIL 24, AND WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, ON FOX
Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Bublé, Annie Lennox, Il Divo
And Borat Sagdiyev Among Many World-Renowned Artists to Appear

During tonight’s live broadcast of AMERICAN IDOL, it will be announced that FOX, AMERICAN IDOL and the Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF) have partnered on an historic television event - IDOL GIVES BACK - a two-night special raising awareness and funds for organizations that provide relief programs to help children and young people in extreme poverty in America and Africa.

On Tuesday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 6 finalists will sing songs that can be considered "Life Anthems." In keeping with the IDOL GIVES BACK theme, all the songs performed will be about compassion and hope. After the performance show, viewers will vote for their favorite contestants via toll-free numbers and text messages, as usual. On this special night, however, viewers will also help change the lives of the truly needy. For every vote cast, AMERICAN IDOL sponsors Coca-Cola and AT&T, along with a range of additional partners, will donate money to the charity. The Ford Motor Company will also contribute to the cause in connection with its weekly music video, details of which will be announced soon.

The special two-hour results show on Wednesday, April 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) will be a star-studded evening featuring world-renowned artists and celebrities, including Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Bublé, Annie Lennox, Il Divo and popular Kazakhstan journalist Borat Sagdiyev (Sacha Baron Cohen) among many others who will take the AMERICAN IDOL stage.

During the Wednesday event, adding to the corporate contributions, viewers will be able to make their own donations via toll-free lines and the Internet.

U2’s Bono, co-founder of the One Campaign to Make Poverty History, said, "We’ll see worlds collide when Africa appears on America's most-watched TV show. This is a big deal, a little bit of pop history ... I wouldn’t underestimate the reach of this show or the impact its audience can have."

DAMN!! I m not gonna sleep well until I find out!! If Bono is in town Im ditching work! :yes:

Lila64 said:
You can ditch too. Better hop on the plane now :giggle:

:hug:

ok... hope the hubby doesn't notice the huge CC charge... :reject:

that money that edge spent on his new house he could of built a small house on his property for me to live..:wink: and had plenty of $$ leftover..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom