MERGED--> Bono and Edge at Clinton Library Event Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was wondering why edge messed with the sbs riff ... didn't think to check the key. no open strings... but wasn't it two half steps and not two full steps?

Anirban said:
i was wondering why edge messed with the sbs riff ... didn't think to check the key. no open strings... but wasn't it two half steps and not two full steps?

yeah u might be right. either way it was a 1st right? usually its 1/2 step down.

What was on Bono's umbrella?

Did anyone else notice Bono's green umbrella at the Clinton thing? It had a logo on it that looked like a Jesus fish with some words next to it. My first thought was that it's a logo from a charitable organization of some kind that Bono is supporting. Does anyone know for sure? Just curious.

mkdominatr said:

yeah u might be right. either way it was a 1st right? usually its 1/2 step down.

yeah...i don't think i've ever heard any u2 song played more than 1 half step down... this was in Am instead of Bm (studio) or A#m (live).

Anirban said:

yeah...i don't think i've ever heard any u2 song played more than 1 half step down... this was in Am instead of Bm (studio) or A#m (live).

Pride is played 2 half steps down now, and ISHFWILF is played i think 3 half steps...ah who cares.

I loved how they just commanded the attention of everyone(except GW maybe:huh:)...B is a master. The crowd was really cheering for them, too.

Hey, were are they in the order of things? I'm watching CSPAN right now and suspect that I've missed them. Bush Sr. is speaking. Before and after whom did U2 play?

madonna's child said:
Hey, were are they in the order of things? I'm watching CSPAN right now and suspect that I've missed them. Bush Sr. is speaking. Before and after whom did U2 play?

I think it was after GW Bush...keep watching :D

Argh, if I'd known that CSPAN 1 was going to have the repeat on today, I would have set the VCR, don't get CSPAN 3...

GOD, he sounds SOO good. I haven't been too impressed with the other live performances. Good, but not as great as people have been saying. This is just amazing.

Has anyone managed to capture a higher quality audio than the 160kbps that's up now?

They sounded great! Especially Bono! That voice is a nice preview to what we'll be hearing on Saturday night! Oh, and it's so cute how Bono can't deal with the umbrella once he gets really in to a song.

p.s. How can Chelsea Clinton's hair look so good in the rain!?

Back
Top Bottom