MERGED --> All U2.com questions/help discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I joined with no technical problems on Dec. 1, however, I was charged an extra $3.96, which I am still trying to get resolved with Fanfire after 2 weeks of emails.

I joined on 11/23, didn't get access to the site until early December, was charged $3 extra, and I can't get my avatar or signature to work on the site.

I've also not received anything by mail.

Avatar - go to My Home at the top of the page. Open it, click on the second option and insert the URL of the photobucket (or whatever) address of your avatar. And then press save.

beli said:
Avatar - go to My Home at the top of the page. Open it, click on the second option and insert the URL of the photobucket (or whatever) address of your avatar. And then press save.

I know, I've done it a million times, but it doesn't save and take me to the screen where I can log out and back in. It just won't save. I've added avatars and sigs to sites with the exact same set up and never had this problem, so I'm not sure what it is. :sigh:

I've emailed them, but that was a week ago and no response.

Thanks for trying to help though beli! ;)

Re: Seeking Info from U2.com Paid Members

RiverToTheSea said:

My only concerns is that I can get good tix. i can live without the rest!

Same here. I signed up on 12/3 and they've yet to even charge my credit card. I did have cookies enabled so don't know what's up with that. Also, I have full access on the site as well as email but not sure if I'm actually a member or not. Hate to go through all this and end up not being in on the presale. So I emailed them a few days ago about my "order" status and haven't gotten a reply yet. Very poorly done IMO. BTW, same thing with a t-shirt I ordered at the 25 % discount on 12/12. The site states they normally ship within 24 - 48 hours of ordering. Haven't heard a thing and credit card hasn't been charged yet. WTF

I signed up on 12/15. My credit card was charged and I was emailed a receipt the next day. Everything was working under my account on the website.

Now the whole being an active Prop member and not receiving a letter/discount....that is an entirely different story.

I joined on 12/15 and have had no issues at all. I received the two emails promised (one for confirmation of joining and the other for confirmation of my credit card getting charged).

Everything works as far as I know.

Ok I just called them. The girl said that they were getting so many subscriptions that they were overloaded and now the supervisors are going back and manually entering all the subscribers information into the computer :|

She said it was all supposed to be done by today but they expect everyone to be updated by Wednesday at the latest.

I am also curious..how's the exclusive content?
I am just as eager to get the first dibs on tickets but I have a sneaky suspicion that they will crap tickets that we'll have first dibs on. I am sure the best seats will be saved for radio contest winners, record label fat cats and family and friends..
Which leaves me with the question...how's the other stuff ?:wink:

The free gift is pretty bad, so most of us are joining just for the tickets...

Although I am getting concerned, with like 50,000 members I am wondering what kind of priority tickets we will get... if they suck, Fanfire will hear it from me.

I bit the buleet and joined yesterday. I figured for the price of dinner for two, it was worth it to possibly get some good tickets for the next U2 show since I always end up with nosebleeder seats.

I got my confirmation, invoice and access instantly. Maybe they got the problems worked out?

I think so. I signed up three weeks ago, got immediate access with no problems, and got my membership card a couple days ago. No problems here.

And the exclusive video content is kinda cool, but yeah, I'm in it for the tickets.

I joined when the site popped up one day. Then when it went down I calle dFanfire and told them to remove the charge. Then when it finally went Live "for good" in early December i joined again. Now I have two accounts and have yet to be charged for either. I called fanfire and let them know, but nothing has changed. I assume I will be charged twice in the days ahead, wgich will promt another call....

It's so not fair that people can join instantly today whereas I have been waiting for this shit to kick in for two weeks :angry:

I had to sign up twice Sicy. The first time, it apparently didn't take :rolleyes:

I tried again last week and it went right through...I got the welcome email, Fanfire receipt email and the coupon email all within 5 minutes. I did have to pick a new user name but I now have an expiration date and can access the member areas.

They STILL haven't charged my credit card (or Rick's and he signed up over a month ago) so I'll just wait and see if they charge me twice.

:crack:

I had some hassles with the code thingie, and I can't figure out the avatar thingie to save my life. I also decided not to try the e-mail service, one mailbox (Outlook Express) is enough hassle, I don't want another one.

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
I had to sign up twice Sicy. The first time, it apparently didn't take :rolleyes:

I tried again last week and it went right through...I got the welcome email, Fanfire receipt email and the coupon email all within 5 minutes. I did have to pick a new user name but I now have an expiration date and can access the member areas.

They STILL haven't charged my credit card (or Rick's and he signed up over a month ago) so I'll just wait and see if they charge me twice.

:crack:

I'm scared :sad:

I feel bad for everyone who has had a shite experience. Mine has been easy so far, with the small exception of having these silly "eneter your password" boxes popping up. They have been fixed within a day of me complaining so I guess they must be on the ball now.

Sicy said:
It's so not fair that people can join instantly today whereas I have been waiting for this shit to kick in for two weeks :angry:

Forget the whole Prop thing. I joined 12/8 and nothing yet, I've called a million times and I did get the information that they are entering in things manually but the lady told me to join again which I did yesterday and they STILL don't have my information. Now the computers are down again so they can't answer me.

I have NO membership benefits and I am beyond disgusted. If my tickets suck, I am going to really be annoyed.

Sicy said:
Agreed. Looks like it's the luck of the draw. I can't believe how hosed up they are. Didn't they even realize how big of a thing this would be and how swamped they would be? It's seems like a wide array of problems too. Mine is that I signed up on 12/3. STILL haven't charged my cc yet but I am able to log in as a member, have an expiration date, full member access to everything including email, even used my 25% discount, but NEVER received an email stating that I'm a member. If there are this many problems, I fear half of us won't even be notified of the presale or be allowed to participate. The announcement and ticket sales is probably only a few weeks away. This is a horrible situation and I certainly hope U2 or whoever else is involved is FULLY aware of these problems. What else can we all do?

Back
Top Bottom