MERGED--> ALL DISCUSSION U2 on Conan O' Brian this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because they're on for a whole hour. Usually with late-night talk shows, there's an actor/actress, and they blather on for a while, and then there's another guest, and if there's a musical guest, they perform at the very end of the show, and if you're lucky, you get a 5-second interview.

This is U2 on a late-night talk show for the full hour.

for me, the good news is ......

because it's CONAN!!!!!

i would think 'oh, cool' if it was letetrman or leno, probably watch it and record it on tivo but i'm quite enthused on the fact that it's on Conan's show.
yea, yea peopel probably think he's "lame, immature" etc... but regardless he makes me laugh night after night and after watching this show for years I've been hoping that one day either u2 could perform or at least bono could be a guest.
Now that it's happening, it's for a whole hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

onstage2004_097.jpg

344%3B76%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D646%3D%3C95%3DXROQDF%3E23239%3A%3A443533ot1lsi

who else has Triumph the Insult Dog, Masturbating bear, Prepartion H Raymond and segments such as "if they mated", "in the year 2000" and to top it off a have a great band led my the very own Max Weinberg??

:hyper:

conan is the man :dancing:

Last edited:
it's finally up at U2.com :up:

Late Night With U2

NBC's 'Late Night With Conan O'Brien' on Thursday is a U2 special.

As the band arrive in New York City for seven sold out shows at Madison
Square Garden, they will spend an entire hour on O'Brien's show and are
expected to perform a bunch of songs live.

The show has never before been devoted to one act. Closest parallels include a surprise performance by Bruce Springsteen before taking "Late Night" drummer Max Weinberg on the road, a week-long stay by The White Stripes and a month-of-Tuesdays with The Strokes.

Catch U2 on 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien' on NBC this Thursday. (12:35-1:35am.)

seriosuly...springsteen?white stripes? strokes? and now U2??

:drool:
great musical taste over at Late Night

as the band is playing, wont they simultaneously be announcing the winner of the nobel peace prize over in stockholm?

do i have that right? whats the time difference between NY and sweden?

elevation2u said:

Oh, Conan! You're responsible for my lack of sleep and sleepiness on the 1 train every morning!!! I love you, good sir!

BRING BACK "Captain Chef playing 'We Didn't Start the Fire' on the Flute"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

[hey, maybe he can play "Vertigo"!]

Did anyone see the guy playing the traditional jewish instrument to some sort of modern techno-ish song?

It sounded great, with max + them on the drums.

I thought that was nice.

That was on Connan, right....?

(forgive my vaugeness, I don't remember it very much at all)
However, I do remember Charlize Theron on Jay Leno........)

:sexywink:

Thanks everyone for the information.
I cannot wait! U2 on my favorite late night show (Conan) and it's full hour? Sounds unreal.
I'm so happy! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

God Part III said:
Sorry, but why is this such good news to you?

It's just a talkshow... They've been on talkshows earlier...
Why should they play anything else than Vertigo and the usual bunch?

Sorry, I just don't see what's so great. It's probably an American thing :p

U2 itself rarely does interviews, much less extended interviews on American TV (Bono excepted). The whole band is gonna sit down for the interview, I'd guess. All we get is Bono on Larry King talkign about Africa. Conan is a comedy show, more funa and games and less seriousness and possibly even some musical talk.

Conan is a huge U2 fan, he's about as Irish as an American can get, and he's absolutely hysterical. Quite possibly THE best daily show on American television.

It's an hour. Long interviews and possibly 4 or 5 songs performed.

A chance to see U2 in comedy sketches?? C'mon you gotta hope Larry dresses in drag at some point. Conan will likely give them free reign.

Basically they have a whole hour, on basic broadcast national TV, in America, for the first time. It's unprecedented. For an American U2 fan, it simply doesn't get any better.

This is great. They film around 4-5pm NYC time.
Then it airs later in the evening. 12:30 right?
Hummmmm...Today might be a good stalking day at the studio...:lol:

Thats waay too late for me to stay up on a nightly basis, but I hear that he (Conan) is always really funny. I cant wait to see it.
Conan's website says they will sing 3 songs...I think Im gonna start a thread about which 3...

Trying to find out what station shows the reruns of the late night show, it used to be CNBC but I just found this on the web:

The network will also replace "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" with a new business show at 7 p.m. that will debut in the third quarter.

Both moves are part of a repositioning of CNBC's primetime back to the network's focus on financial news and away from failed attempts at entertainment, according to the report.

Also found this, it might help our European friends (dont know how old this information is):

Internationally, "Late Night" is broadcast through the "NBC
Superchannel" at 11 PM, seven days a week. Re-runs fill the two weekend
slots.

The "NBC Superchannel" is currently a Pan European satellite
channel, broadcasting entertainment (NBC) and news (CNBC) programs. It is
broadcast both from Eutelsat 2 F1 across a broad area from Russia to the
Canary, and on Astra 1D, covering of Western Europe. NBC is splitting up
the programming on "The Superchannel," and soon CNBC programs will be
broadcast all the time on Astra 1D, and entertainment (NBC programs,
including "Late Night") will be only found on Eutelsat 2 F1 during
certain parts of the evening. "The NBC Superchannel" is also carried on
many European cable stations, serving most of the continent.

Originally posted by u2okc
A friend of mine works at NBC and U2 is performing right now on circuit tv. He said they just got through playing "Original of The Species" with a strings section. They also have been rehearsing "Crumbs", Vertigo and All Because Of You. He has been watching for the past two hours. Mostly tweaking and sound bits. Cool stuff!

hmmmm.....that's a lot of rehearsal. i wonder if they'll do more than 3 songs...:hmm: or if they're using conan's set as a rehearsing stage for the msg shows in general

Late Show w/Conon O'brein Time

Howdy everyone. Sorry if this has been asked already but I am wondering what time is the cono obrein U2 show playing at? I don't usualy watch conon. I live in Vancouver British caolumbia so I will need the pacific time. As well what channel isit on? I have rogers-shaw cable if that makes any difference. Thanks a billion for your help!

Thanks for the help :) Yes i checked for anyone living in vancouver here are the times:

Live: 132(WDIV) Thu. Oct 6 @ 9:37PM
Rerun: 13(CKVU) Fri. Oct 7 @ 12:37AM
Rerun: 16(KING) Fri. Oct 7 @ 12:37AM
Rerun: 305(KINGDT) Fri. Oct 7 @ 12:37AM

Hope this helps to everyone else :)

Back
Top Bottom