Mercy gives me hope for the future of U2... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 AM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Meghan
That's kinda how I feel, and what I would like to happen, but I just don't see it happening in reality.

But you never know, sometimes I'm reverse-psychic, I make predictions and the exact opposite happens.
So, Mercy will probably be not only ON the next album, but will be released as a single AND get to number 1 all over the world (even in Australia) AND will be played virtually non-stop on most radio stations.
That could happen, if everyother band, was paid not to release something, U2 top the charts, with 100x the sales of any one else

Old 07-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Marusa
Mercy is better than any song on the new album
I know you put the there, but in the event anyone thinks you are serious... no.

"Mercy" (and why it's titled this is beyond me - nothing about the song suggests this should be the title...but I digress) is a good song, but Bono is right, it's b-side material at best. The lyrics are ripped from the AB era (a song all about love - like ALL of AB) and the music is from perhaps the UF era. So while a good song and certainly an interesting listen, it fits with the general theme of HTDAAB. I do hope U2 release it as a b-side on their last single - but it appears that this won't happen (even though the song has "escaped" into fans' hands).

As we all know, U2 works in threes. And the third album of the set is arguably the hardest most experimental album (see "War", R&H and "Pop"). As such, I think U2 will continue the general themes created on ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but will push the boundaries. That is, songs like "Love & Peace..." and "Fast Cars" might be more the sound of the future. A "Mercy" might work as it is less accessible than many songs on ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but I don't think it's nearly as experimental as many of you.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by innocent_eyes
...and again, and again, and again and agin and again......

imagine this traklisting.....

1// Vertigo
2// Smile
3// Sometimes you can't make it on your own
4// love and peace or else
5// Mercy
6// All because of you
7// A Man and a Woman
8// Crumbs from your table
9// One Step Closer
10// Origional of the species
11// Yahweh

although, the next album could be shaping up really well....

I would NEVER remove "City of Blinding Lights" from HTDAAB. IMO, it's one of the strongest tracks on the album.

I could conceive of adding "Mercy" to the tracklist and making it a 12 song album, though.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:24 PM   #64
Refugee

Local Time: 11:23 PM
Mercy needs some definite work, it is at least a verse too long and needs a bit more direction...but has potential to be great.

I don't see it being a single in its current form as it is much too long for radio.