Make Your Own Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaizari

Acrobat
Ok, some of us have seen the Vertigo clip already, some of us like, some of us don't. For me, it was sedated and restrained.

So...........I'd like to know what you would do if you were the director, artistic director and production designer wrapped in one to film the video clip???

Words, storyboard, stick figure drawings, watever.

I'd like to know what kind creative juices flow into the (blue) crack.

I got a rough idea, but I'll have to get back to you later on that, I'm busy doing storyboards for it.

:wink:

I thought it was a really awesome video but there's ONE thing I'd change. If I had my way those rings of sand would have moved up and down to the rhythm of the song. I think that would have made it one of U2's best music videos.

haven;t done story boards yet, but I'll walk you through my mind.

PART 1 of Ezra Shaizari's (not my real name, but hey) Vertigo

Setting: Aya Sofya Building in Istanbul, Turkey inside the domed area.

Opening scene:
An opening head shot of a dark and mysterious (irish)
figure :wink: that leads to another shot of the figure walking past a row of sillhouetted columns (you see the full figure).

Scene 2: The figure is walking towards a wide open space of marble with a microphone stand in the middle. There is a small moonlit circle where the micrphone stand is, around it is darkness.

Scene 3: In vertigo, it opens with Larry's drumsticks.
There are three drumstick hits so there will be three separate shots from each angle each time larry snaps them together.

shot 1, a light beam thrusts from the left side of the building to reveal the edge in a menacing pose wit his guitar.

shot 2, a light beam bursts from behind the Larry to reveal (No duh, him and his drumkit)

shot 3, a light beam thrusts from the right to reveal Adam

Scene 4: When Edge's guitar starts its sharp distortion, the camera focuses on Bono but from an upward angle (looking up)
The camera is placed underneath Bono's figure so that it captures the dome above him lighting up from one window to the next in a crescendo of light.

Scene 5: (Same angle as before) As he counts his fingers correspond to one, two, three. At Catorce, he makes the peace sign.
Bono then picks up his Crucifix around his neck and kisses it as if asking for divine inspiration or something.

Scene 6: As bono sez "turn it up high, captain" the dome's lights fluctuates up and down responding to the volume of edge's power riff.

What do you so far???

The title of this thread made my think it would be about holding your breath and spinning around in a circle for a minute...imagine my dismay...

Back
Top Bottom