Magnificent Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This song could become one of the top 5 U2 Songs of all time and may some day be the best, it's unbelievable, wish it was a little faster in parts, but it's magical!

Man I can't believe this had my eyes welling up on first listen, definitely happy tears. :sad:
You know I think it's because I had this feeling like a long lost friend had just turned up at my door years after I'd almost forgotten about them.
I'd forgotten how much I missed their ability to create something so uniquely beautiful as this and I think this goes for other songs on this album.

I've not enjoyed a song so much in yonks.:love:

I don't think words can do justice to how I feel about this song!

After 25 years as fan. Bloody hell U2 how can you do this? How can you keep on creating music so unbelievably gut wrenchingly beautiful is beyond me!

This song to me is IS the answer to "I Still Haven't found what I'm looking For'.

I know it's early days but from buying Unforgettable Fire on the first day it came out till now, including the Joshua Tree which I played in complete darkness and was the most incredible first playing experience I have ever had, this is now the greatest first playing experience and I know in my heart one of the top 3 best U2 songs I have ever heard!!!!

This is certainly the big hit and stadium anthem from the album...and so far I think its the best song as well.

Streets and this in the same show is pure sex.

met my expectations after hearing the beach clip.

i wish Bono's "Only Love" had more reverb but the amazing intro makes up for it.

For the guy that said the intro beats "Streets"......I'd have to disagree. The Streets intro and buildup make up for the best, prettiest, awesomemest, hype-est, intro EVER. It will never be beat.

The organs, the delayed guitar line, and then larry and adam kicking it all teh while they switch from 6/8 time to 4/4 timing. Best.Intro.Ever.

So far it's my favorite tune on the new album, wonder how it will sound live. Can't wait to find out

I don't know why I find this so funny.

I love Magnificent, don't get me wrong.

But I just knew when I heard that, while I like it, "Interference is going to go nuts for this one..."

How ironic that, after years about bitching about how we want "experimental U2" again, the most traditional sounding song is the apparent fan favorite!

I don't know why I find this so funny.

I love Magnificent, don't get me wrong.

But I just knew when I heard that, while I like it, "Interference is going to go nuts for this one..."

How ironic that, after years about bitching about how we want "experimental U2" again, the most traditional sounding song is the apparent fan favorite!

This song channels the spirit of October (the record). Not sure if anyone else is getting that like I am. I am enjoying it. Unbridled energy and joy.

Second listen and I love this song so much already :drool:

I just realized it's got a sort of driving sound like ASOH :hmm: :goosebumps: I love it. I think I mentioned that already.

I love it.

Love love love it.

I'm a complete lurker on this forum, but i feel i have to post about this....

Jesus christ what a song this is, a masterpiece!!! Amazing!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom