Magazines Currently Featuring U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Article in NewsWeek. Does not like the IPod but seems to worship U2.

IMHO that Time mag photo of the band is right up there with the Blender pic as one of the 2 best images of the band this year. Even Adam has a beautiful "spiritual" look about him. Bravo Anton Corbjin...have a feeling it's him, taking advantage of some nice sunset light in France. But then, they are all gorgeous anyway, so it's only natural enhancement.

Buy a copy of Time, just don't look at it online.

The guy from Newsweek calls the iPod ad "ridiculous" and I agree, but he seems to be out of the loop about how preposterous radio has become. Never thought I'd be able to defend a U2 TV commercial. As long as it's hawking a MUSICAL product...)And sorry..he;s wrong about U2 not being able to put out a dud album at this point if they tried.

They did..and it was called "Pop"

(ducks and runs for the nearest bomb shelter:wink: )

Live and learn

I have my own personal U2 story, courtesy from my old Propaganda pal Melissa, from Philly. She told me in a letter how Bono, on the Popmart tour, got a little TOO excited during....of all songs.....PRIDE...apparently it was a great show and Bono got, um, how did she say it, "a wee bit of a bump" on the front of his pants during the course of the singalong parts....(this tells you where her mind was?:macdevil: )...she started giggling while her more innocent friend just stared open-mouthed. Bono realized what was happening, mouthed, "oh s***"--it looked like-- and leaned down and covered his crotch area. This was no lie. I think it was a DC show.

What I wouldn't have given to have been there...:) [/B]

At least on the Elevation tour Bono learned something. He took a glitterball Edge type hate from my friend Nikki, sang a few bars with it on his noggin' and then used it to cover the ummm, region in question!! Nikki just rocks my socks to this day!

~tiny

HUH?!?!?!

When and what was this?!?! You lucky #@$!(*$. <g> Imagine Nikki.."I own a hat that has touched Bono's..."

Could you by any chance be acquainted with the lady that he pulled on top of him on the May 27 or 28 Toronto show....the infamous "Forgive me, I have sinned" incident? Where things got so hot onstage that even he was later emabarrassed and apologized at the end of the show from onstage? Was that Nikki?

I myself couldn't believe the accounts of this happening, even though they were on the Net for days. Then I saw the photos:ohmy:

The Spin article intruiges me more and more. Traditionally Spin hates U2. I am shocked they're featured in a major article, much less on the cover! Fave comment: the writer talking about the teens whom Bono gives a ride to from the studio. How they look so shellshocked "you can see the blood and brains splattered over the windshield." LOL! IThis is just the sort of caustic comment that comes from a "well, we've been oredered to like them now, but heck, we're Spin" mentality. I think this is due to an editor change, and the mag's policy being "Well, they're practically teflon at this point, we'd better kiss up to them now. May as well.":

Last edited:
Can someone that watched the CSPAN version tell me if they had different camera angles than msnbc or did the same camera feed to all the networks.

I taped it off MSNBC, but half the time they have the camera on the presidents and not on Bono and Edge during their performance.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
C-SPAN mainly also focused on the presidents, especially during the performance of The Hands That Built America. :grumpy: I didn't watch the MSNBC version of the event, so I have no idea if the camera feeds were the same or different.

I taped MSNBC and was frusrtrated that they showed the presidents more than Bono and Edge :madspit: It was so stupid too because they were just showing them all standing around either talking or watching the performance. :mad:

The most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly mag has a bit about the U2 iPod as well as a review of the album. They gave it a B. It has the "50 greatest tv shows on DVD" on the cover.

HuH?

Where does one get all this information you're speaking of? I feel like I'm from another planet! What's Cspan? And what's this about a concert with a girl being pulled on top of Bono? When? Where? spill, spill!! I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I manage to catch the occasional news item like in People magazine or in the news, but for the past few years I haven't had "regular" cable, though I did have it for Bono's Oprah appearance, but didn't tape it:( and I can't afford to buy every single magazine with U2 on the cover (though I still would somehow). What's Uncut? I'm in Canada, can I get it here? I think I better consider getting cable, even if it means no eating out once a month! I want current news on U2. This definitely helps but I have to use a computer at school. I can't afford my own! I wanna cry...:sad:
Uuh, never mind, I just went back through the posts and I think I can find the mags... but what the heck is Cspan?

Last edited:
SPIN cover!!!

What a lovely picture... it gave me butterflies! :heart: I'll definitely sacrifice the six bucks for it if I find it!!! Though I'll have to keep it secret from the Mister as he seriously seems "jealous" of my obsession with U2. He says nasty things about their music, bugs me by sayin, "they're not gonna come here" (for the new tour) and just sneers whenever I get excited over them! (yes, he's a jerk) Question: how do y'all store your old mags, pics of U2 etc? I'm afraid I've been lax in that dept. and they're just in a box, where the covers get torn, etc. I bought a book back in The Joshua Tree days with just photos of them in the desert, etc, and (yikes) cut all the pics out. I think my aunt threw out the remainder of the book later (which still pisses me off) Does anyone remember such? It had a brown cover,it was thin?? Anyone? does anyone remember/have a photo of Bono's wife with short, blonde hair? when I first saw it, I thought he had someone new!!

Last edited:
Teta040 said:

Could you by any chance be acquainted with the lady that he pulled on top of him on the May 27 or 28 Toronto show....the infamous "Forgive me, I have sinned" incident? Where things got so hot onstage that even he was later emabarrassed and apologized at the end of the show from onstage? Was that Nikki?

I myself couldn't believe the accounts of this happening, even though they were on the Net for days. Then I saw the photos:ohmy:

That actually happened in Montreal, not Toronto. The woman's user name here and at Zootopia was Melpop. There was a thread about this just last week, in PLEBA, which featured the video. You can still find it there. The same woman met him in Dublin a few months later, at the studio, and he gave her a ride in his car. She has a photo of it, and a great story to tell, including that he gave her a very nice kiss. Lucky girl!!

Re: SPIN cover!!!

4EVRU2 said:
does anyone remember/have a photo of Bono's wife with short, blonde hair? when I first saw it, I thought he had someone new!!

I am absolutely 100% certain that Ali NEVER had short blond hair. Her hair is dark, and always has been. (Larry's wife is very blond, though.)

Re: HuH?

4EVRU2 said:
Where does one get all this information you're speaking of? I feel like I'm from another planet! What's Cspan? What's Uncut? I'm in Canada, can I get it here?

Hey 4EVRU2!
I *think* C-SPAN is an american channel that mainly covers news events in American government. So, once in a while, Bono may show up while he's chatting up the president or senators or whoever.
Uncut is a British music magazine. Yes you can get it in Edmonton. I got mine from Chapters yesterday and they had loads! Unfortunately, it is an import magazine so it was $11 (OUCH! Saving up for that damn iPod is getting harder and harder!)

Hope this helps!
:D

PEOPLE magazine has a glorious two-page spread on the concert in the back of the magazine. The article is called "U2 :heart: NY", and it has a gorgeous two-page picture taken at night of the concert, plus an inset photo of Bono while he was on the flatbed truck. The only bad thing about the big photo is Edge isn't in the concert picture, which is a major omission!!!

I received in the mail a couple of days ago the newest Hot Press, which has a VERY long interview (and a most illuminating one) of Bono.
I'm amazed that no one else has made mention of this. I don't have a scanner, and it would take me hours to type it, so I can't really share this with you, but it has a number of insights that other articles have not had.

Back
Top Bottom