Lyrics Lyrics Lyrics....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
I just got the Cd DVD book special edition job today and I am very annoyed to find no lyrics with it. There is no picture of the band that is I assume on the normal edition front cover booklet. Is there any lyrics with the normal edition etc, and what is the booklet like in the normal CD edition. Have you got to buy the normal edition as well to get lyrics? If so then maybe the album should be called "How to rip off a U2 fan"!!!!!!

I Still dont understand the fuss about the song lyrics in the book. I mean, I acctually like having the lyrics to an artists album, but I mean with U2 we are all going to know the lyrics by heard withing the first week anyway, so what's the difference? By the way, I'd much rather have something interesting like illustrations and notes by the band than just a short book with the lyrics printed on it and maybe a couple of pictures.

Sorry for starting another thread about this, as I didn't see the other one. But is the lyrics not included on the normal version? All U2's albums since The Unforgettable Fire have had lyrics so why stop now? Also I thought you would at least get the official album cover.

Last edited:
I'm not happy with not having a normal cd case in which I can put the cd without any "complications" with some strange CD/DVD/BOOK package... :mad:

I'm thinking of buying the CD/DVD edition only... :(

I find it unbelievable? Well if U2 are behind this then its a very sad day indeed. Corporate sell out and screw the fans for as much as we can get. Now if that sounds harsh then I'm sorry but I am pissed about this.

rjhbonovox said:
I find it unbelievable? Well if U2 are behind this then its a very sad day indeed. Corporate sell out and screw the fans for as much as we can get. Now if that sounds harsh then I'm sorry but I am pissed about this.

it's just lyrics. do you read the album or listen to it?

Who really cares? You have ears so use them; you have a computer so get yourself over to U2Wanderer.org.

Half the time, the lyrics are wrong anyway.

mikal said:

it's just lyrics. do you read the album or listen to it?

What about the official album cover. I have got all U2 singles and Albums since they started out. Yeah sad bastard that I am, I find it hard to believe that the deluxe set has not got the official album cover, CD case and also any lyrics. This is the first time I genuinely feel ripped off by a U2 album release.

U2 is not the only band that does this with limited edition albums. Radiohead and REM both release box set type albums without the lyrics printed in them. What we get is a more artistic approach to the album packaging. Radiohead's Amnesiac limited edition was a book similar to the HTDAAB box with paintings and illustrations by the band and such. It's a limited edition for a reason. It gives you something special, and not jsut the run-of-the-mill 10-page jewel case booklet. Sorry if U2 "screwed you" and "sold-out" by doing something they've rarely dont before with an artistic and far more interesting release for this album. It's just stupid to say soemthign like that. And don't act like it's their fault, becuase the contents of the limited edition have been posted countless times already and they released THREE other formats for the album, all of which (except the vinyl which i am unfamiliar with) are your basic jewelcase lyric/photo booklet. So maybe it's more your own fault for purchasing the wrong item and them bitching because what you bought is too creative.

end of rant.

the only way you'd be getting ripped off is if you put the cd in your player and there weren't any songs on it.

rjhbonovox said:

What about the official album cover. I have got all U2 singles and Albums since they started out. Yeah sad bastard that I am, I find it hard to believe that the deluxe set has not got the official album cover, CD case and also any lyrics. This is the first time I genuinely feel ripped off by a U2 album release.

Just seeing this rediculous post I must say again that if that is what you wanted then you should have done your homework and bought the regular edition.

rjhbonovox said:
This is the first time I genuinely feel ripped off by a U2 album release.

Even though you have a CD, DVD, and a book? What does it take to please you?

Axver said:

Even though you have a CD, DVD, and a book? What does it take to please you?

A good place to keep my cd undamaged. Not some big A5 package, but a normal cd case (and maybe the cover and the lyrics inside then)... Would that, + the book be too hard to do?!?
I don't know, I'm giving some 30$ for the new U2 product, the edition that "has it all" and I get the least... (yes, fame me...)

http://www.u2.com/htdaab-lyrics/

Well, rjhbonovox, actually i know exactly what you mean and at the beggining i felt a bit disspointed too, but it was just because i imagined it in quite a different way. But try to look at it objectively- isn't it great that we have this book and dvd, things that we couldn't have while owning the lyrics etc...?:D
You can always buy a box and print the cover;)

I find it unbelievable on this site that the majority of you agree with this format. So I guess if U2 release an album and put out 3 different versions and to get everything you have to buy them all, or at least 2, must be fair then. Then if this is the case I am a whinging twa# with nothing else better to do.

Can someone please confirm that the lyrics are in the normal CD jewel case version?

Ok thanks Roland. Ahhh well thats that then, probably have to buy the normal version as well, hehehe but there you go most "fans" on here think that is very acceptable, I must be in the wrong.

rjhbonovox said:
I find it unbelievable on this site that the majority of you agree with this format. So I guess if U2 release an album and put out 3 different versions and to get everything you have to buy them all, or at least 2, must be fair then. Then if this is the case I am a whinging twa# with nothing else better to do.

you're missing the main point though. U2 released a "Collectors' Edition", like many bands do, in which these formats are different than the standard cd.

while you're saying that U2 is ripping us off, they're giving us 3 times as much as they did last album. it's not U2's fault that you purchased the wrong format.

its not that we're fussy, its just that we expect common sense, a deluxe deition which isn't deluxe is well....puzzling.

no lyrics
lyrics for mercy and mercy is nowhere to be cited!?

I don't mind book and packagiing and extra track but man is this deluxe edition a bummer......try checking out the box sets for previous U2 releases, they were really deluxe....

Lancemc said:

Just seeing this rediculous post I must say again that if that is what you wanted then you should have done your homework and bought the regular edition.

As someone who already bought the collectors edition:
NOWHERE (ie; Amazon,U2.com, FYE,etc..) did it say that the boxset didn't come with the cover booklet/lyrics. NOWHERE does it say that the other two version do. That's because 99.9% of the time it's implied/assumed. How does including the lyrics take away from the "artisic vision" of the set? They could have easily been incorporated into the book . The lyrics are more artistic (poertry) than any pictures I expect to find in the bookl. But I wanted to have both. Ridiculous is shelling out $40 for a limited edition version of an album and then having to go to the web to print out 8 or 9 pages full of lyrics!

Last edited:
when I mean cited I meant existence....

ehat ever happened to sacred rapport between U2 and the fans??? Are the fans nothing but stupid cash cows?? Good for their wallets only. I like U2, but its testing my patience and my limits as to how muich I will fork out for diabolical marketing.

NOWHERE did it say it would include the cover or lyrics either. we've seen the alternate cover for the Collectors' Edition at Amazon for 3 weeks now. and bands don't always include lyrics on their albums anyway. even U2 didn't include lyrics on October and Unforgettable Fire.

to look at the big picture though, with all the poverty in the world, we should be thankful that we even have the chance to buy a cd.

I still can't figure out what the hell some of you are whining about. It seems some people are too hard to please.

mikal said:

to look at the big picture though, with all the poverty in the world, we should be thankful that we even have the chance to buy a cd.

Are you kidding me?! Give me a brake with your first-world guilt trip! I grew up in a third world country and when I spend my hard earned money on a top of the line model I expect it to come with ALL the amenities of the lesser versions plus more!

Last edited:
salim117 said:

Are you kidding me?! Give me a brake with your first-world guilt trip! I grew up in a third world country and when I spend my hard earned money on a top of the line model I expect it to come with ALL the amenities of the lesser versions plus more!

wow.......:|

Back
Top Bottom