LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't Adam more of a Lakland guy than anything? I thought the Warwick thing was just the Reverso signature bass... :hmm:

I feel that Bono and Edge would be more of a "draw" to the company than "Adam and Edge". I'm an Adam girl but I know that for most, Bono = U2. Especially from a business standpoint. Bono and Edge are the band spokespersons and the number monkeys.

He did have a deal with Lakland for the Vertigo tour, but on 360 I think Warwick did a few basses for him...the reverse Thunderbird, the semi-hollowbody, and maybe another one I think...

If you post up all your pics from 360 with different basses I can probably clarify

He did have a deal with Lakland for the Vertigo tour, but on 360 I think Warwick did a few basses for him...the reverse Thunderbird, the semi-hollowbody, and maybe another one I think...

If you post up all your pics from 360 with different basses I can probably clarify

I remember the Lakland deal for Vertigo. I was too busy staring at his all-white 360 outfit to really pay attention to the instruments.... :shifty:

I know the "tiger striped" one was his Warwick Reverso, but I'd have to go hunting to see what other ones were Warwick. Feel free to wander into his PLEBA thread if you want.

Sorry if this was posted already

News | Ryan Tedder On New Adele and U2 Music: 'The Pressure Drives Me' | Singersroom

"I just wrapped up a couple weeks with U2, so any level of pressure that I could possibly have I've already experienced at this point. The pressure drives me. To make it an analogy to sports: Everyone on the court wants to be as good as Kobe Bryant, but the only way to do that is to practice, practice, practice. So I never stop writing, and when someone calls upon me to write something I'm already so immersed in that headspace that I don't panic," Tedder shared with the Denver Post.

Is Tedder now writing for U2?

Is Tedder now writing for U2?

From this interview, which came out a few months ago, he said he's not writing for them. Whether that changed, I don't know, but I doubt it.

As for U2, he says he’s worked on their long-delayed 13th album as a late addition in a production capacity. He’s not writing with them. “Bono is without question the single-greatest modern-day lyricist out there,” he says. “I hear it on the new stuff too — just phenomenal. When I started OneRepublic, U2 were up there as a frame of reference. I use Bono’s lyrics as a how-to guide for being the lead singer in a band. I have the utmost respect for their fans and I would never in a million years try to capitulate to where modern radio is at.”

Ryan Tedder: OneRepublic frontman and go-to producer and songwriter for the stars - Music - Going Out - London Evening Standard

I am aware of Tedder as producer. If you read todays quote from him though, there is cause for some worry IMO. :hmm:

Perhaps this is what the band were doing in LA? Working with Tedder? Maybe Adam wasn't needed for this. Maybe he just figured "FUCK IT Edge can play bass just as good as I can" and stayed home so his new wife wouldn't be mad! ;)

Sorry if this has been posted before or been already discussed but did anyone see this news? And could this mean that the album will take even longer to be released? Again sorry if it has been posted I don't have time to read through all the pages!

PanARMENIAN.Net - Mobile

This is old news. The film hasn't even begun shooting yet. B&E were reported to be involved a few months back if memory serves. But the screenplay was still being finished and the film isn't even MADE yet. So music will be a ways off. Doubt it'll interfere. Wonder why that site is just now reporting it? :hmm:

This is old news. The film hasn't even begun shooting yet. B&E were reported to be involved a few months back if memory serves. But the screenplay was still being finished and the film isn't even MADE yet. So music will be a ways off. Doubt it'll interfere. Wonder why that site is just now reporting it? :hmm:

Ah got it! Thanks CK :) yes it was reported on may 23rd and this was the first I heard of it! Glad it is old news! U2 does not need anymore side projects until the album is done lol.

Sorry if this has been posted before or been already discussed but did anyone see this news? And could this mean that the album will take even longer to be released? Again sorry if it has been posted I don't have time to read through all the pages!

PanARMENIAN.Net - Mobile

As if they didn't learn anything from Spiderman.... ugh! Another "hit" side project, does anyone else get the feeling that things are already unraveling?

Really? Their only goal right now should be to do one last classic album and a farewell tour and call it a day.:drool:

As if they didn't learn anything from Spiderman.... ugh! Another "hit" side project, does anyone else get the feeling that things are already unraveling?

I dunno.. I'd be willing to bet that most of the songs they'll be contributing will be U2 throwaways from the last 3 years, retooled, with new lyrics for the film.

tumblr_n5lsbq3EIj1rby04wo1_500_zps85fb6261.gif

Is that all?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom