LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just called Pirate Bay to see if they had the album on pre-order and they said "huh?" and then asked me if I was FBI.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

I hope the album doesn't flop as bad as that Spurs player.

They're not retiring and they're on track for an album this year ?

This is a debatable possibility...Depends on the time we hear an official announcement that recording is completed by someone in the band in an interview or public statement. If we get any of this by the end of July, an album release by end of the year is quite believable...

The first thing i did when they made me a mod was go and ban myself.

Its amazing that i can still post, cause i banned myself really really good. I can still feel the burn from that one.

I haven't banned anyone else though...its a hard thing to do when you yourself are banned.

Anyway guys, lets get this thread back on topic or im going to have to CLOSE it okay? Thanks.

In other news, I saw GNR at the Hard Rock in Vegas last week and that band is really fucking good. Obviously it's a very different band than lineup with Slash and Duff, but very good nonetheless.

Duff just played some of the shows in Vegas and some South Ameica dates cause Tommy Stinson was on the road with the Replacements. saw him on the VH1 Golden Gods thing playing with Guns (Axl sounded horrible on that).

The first thing i did when they made me a mod was go and ban myself.

Its amazing that i can still post, cause i banned myself really really good. I can still feel the burn from that one.

I haven't banned anyone else though...its a hard thing to do when you yourself are banned.

Anyway guys, lets get this thread back on topic or im going to have to CLOSE it okay? Thanks.

Don't make me turn this thread around!

Well, I think you need to factor in the amount of time those particular albums have been out (AROBTTH has been available for 12 years, MX only three). But I think my point stands - certain "uber artists" are expected to buck trends, and U2 are certainly one of those.

Those Coldplay albums achieved over 80% of their sales in their initial year of release. The trend of people all over the world no longer buying music because they can obtain it for free is not something that U2 or any artist out there can, "Buck", at least not for long anyways.

Here is a stark comparison contrast for you. The number of million selling albums per year has rapidly declined since 2001 in the United States.

2001 million selling albums: 100
2013 million selling albums: 13
2014 million selling albums: 3?

I predict at best there will be 3 albums in 2014 that will sell 1 million copies in the United States. We already know one, which is the Frozen Soundtrack. Coldplay's Ghost Stories might be another one, and Taylor Swift's album to be released towards the end of the year is another. But think about it, an industry that goes from having 100 million selling albums in the USA down to just 3 in 13 years. This is more than just a trend.

https://twitter.com/JoeWalsh/status/475020422086291457

BpecjmzCcAEgs8P.jpg

Joe Walsh - new producer on the U2 album. ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT ALL RIIIIIGHT.

Bono and Joe are both, after all, ordinary average guys.

They were going to release the album but bono got leg cramps so they've delayed it two years

I heard he got the jimmy leg.

I get the jimmy leg sometimes. It totally sucks. :(

Could Joe Walsh be adding some lead guitar to the album(s)? That'd be cool, that guy can play!

Frank Costanza: Estelle's got the jimmy arms.
Kramer: They can get that in the arms?
Frank: LIKE YA WOULDN'T BELIEF!

"Oh ya... Jimmy played pretty good"
"These? These are Jimmy's training shoes"
"Oh yeah... Jimmy couldn't jump before he got these"
"Jimmy was just like you"
Jimmy sells them, oh ya! But Jimmy's out right now"
"Working in manhattan set Jimmy back a bit"
"Jimmy will see you around"

Sent from my poop shoot

The only thing that pic of bono tells us is the tour is a million miles away.

He has gone from being in great shape for invisible and the oscars to having a gut on him.

;-(

Back
Top Bottom