LP 13/Invisible: Please disperse, nothing to see here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest, this one was rather obviously fake. No idea why so many newbies came out of the woodworks for this.

I think it was only obviously fake to the two dozen of us that regularly frequent this subforum. Anyone not familiar with the inside jokes, or who hasn't spent a lot of time on forums like this in general, would probably accept what's said at face value.

not pointing fingers here.. really, if you took a moment to look at the situation logically, it would be apparent that no one would have a leaked version of the song. but to casual lurkers/posters, the excitement over hearing the thing probably trumped any rational thought..

Hi U2387, am22884, Hawkmoon269, MatejU2, depe, IrishDawg, mikal, Aardvark747, GopherMacPhisto, Super Yo, INSTCUWSUMVC, PRB216, mama cass, Vlaco, FlamingRudy, loudreamer, last unicorn, dabiggestu2fan, xenx, mtnfox, dmurrie, YBORCITYOBL, chrapcio7, bwm231163, TheClash253, The Slow Loris, marshall faulk, Dalton Brother, stargift, iota, rdy4thdl

:wave:

:D

heyyyyy theeeere

Hi U2387, am22884, Hawkmoon269, MatejU2, depe, IrishDawg, mikal, Aardvark747, GopherMacPhisto, Super Yo, INSTCUWSUMVC, PRB216, mama cass, Vlaco, FlamingRudy, loudreamer, last unicorn, dabiggestu2fan, xenx, mtnfox, dmurrie, YBORCITYOBL, chrapcio7, bwm231163, TheClash253, The Slow Loris, marshall faulk, Dalton Brother, stargift, iota, rdy4thdl

:D

heyyyyy theeeere

Ok, you guys can stay. :hug: :hi5: :beer:

The rest....

kick-backside.jpg

Throw down your guns, and come on out with your hands up.

Or come on out, then throw down your guns, whichever way you wanna do it. Just remember the two key elements here: one, guns to be thrown down; two, come on out!

Pretending to have access to song that hasn't been released or leaked yet is not cool, as well as posting private messages. Honestly Laz do you just love to blatantly break rules for a reaction (trolling, another rule breaker) even though you say yourself that posting private messages is not ok?

This thread is supposed to be about discussing the new album / songs / thoughts - not all this childish crap that only about 10 of you want to read.

Tonight on CBS there's an hour-long special showing some famous past Super Bowl commercials, and they're going to preview a handful of ones for this year. I'd say there's about a 0.0001% chance of them previewing U2, but whatever.

^ Yes I don't think they will preview that one! 4 Days and some change left!!!

Pretending to have access to song that hasn't been released or leaked yet is not cool, as well as posting private messages. Honestly Laz do you just love to blatantly break rules for a reaction (trolling, another rule breaker) even though you say yourself that posting private messages is not ok?

This thread is supposed to be about discussing the new album / songs / thoughts - not all this childish crap that only about 10 of you want to read.

Laz's first post about having the track was obviously just a joke. Two new-album threads were created at the same time, and Laz was jokingly trying to encourage people to post in his thread and not the other. He didn't set out to troll anyone initially.

All of the lurkers who suddenly started asking for PMs of the track in response to an obvious joke got exactly what they deserved. Laz rubs plenty of people the wrong way, but he's of more value to the forum than all of the lurkers just waiting for a hand out if you ask me.

Joking is one thing but obviously you guys know that while the regulars will know its a joke, the 300+ lurkers or users that dont post a million times a day wont know its a joke and they will get offended or be made to look like a fool (by posting the pm's) and then I have to hear all of the complaints. It's not fair to say its 'obviously' a joke. Obviously to you, or the regulars yeah but you guys seem to forget just how many people are reading.

All of the lurkers who suddenly started asking for PMs of the track in response to an obvious joke got exactly what they deserved. Laz rubs plenty of people the wrong way, but he's of more value to the forum than all of the lurkers just waiting for a hand out if you ask me.

I think what he did was hilarious, and I got it immediately also.

However, just in general principle and not specific to Laz per se, a member's "value" to the forum doesn't preclude them from having to follow one of the most hallowed rules re privacy of PM messages. On this count then, if the contents of PMs were actually published (I don't know, it seems to have been implied)...well then that really is not cool. I return to the Fake Edge incident. Quite a few people wrote heartfelt PMs to Fake Edge I would imagine. Stupid or not for believing it, they don't 'deserve' to have those trotted out for everyone to point and laugh at.

So I think the initial thing was funny, yeah. But it probably should not go too much further...

If the worst thing that happened to you today was that you thought the new U2 song was out for a little while before you realized it was only a joke, then your life is good. Enjoy it.

For some reason I was put on "The Lurker's" list but I never fell for it, I thought he was joking from the get-go.

Back
Top Bottom