Live recordingy cd's....... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Were they original cd's? I'd love to find a place like that!!

Old 03-17-2002, 04:09 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 11:29 PM
most of them were copied cd's- this cd and record fair ppl travel all over the uk and in dublin there is a shop beside temple bar and over half of it is dedicated to video and cd's with all these u2 concerts taped on them- its an amazing shop and they have a red guitar signed by the edge for sale as well and laods of singed u2 vinyl- if u ever get a chance to get to go to dublin go to that shop!

Old 03-17-2002, 04:19 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox:
they had concerts from germany, america EVERYWHERE except Slane, which was strange!
I have no idea which are best...but I would guess maybe they don't have Slane because it was so popular that they'd run out of copies of it?

I'm so very helpful Not!
Old 03-17-2002, 04:30 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
I have no idea which are best...but I would guess maybe they don't have Slane because it was so popular that they'd run out of copies of it?

I'm so very helpful Not!
no i questioned the poor man about it he said he never got slane recordings.... that wee shop in dublin had slane recordings galore and we heard me and my dad in one of them hehehehe
Old 03-18-2002, 03:20 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Live recordingy cd's.......

I was at a CD & Record fair today and at one stand they had LOADS of elevation tour cd's all these live recordings from diffeerent places- i dunno what they all sounded like- so could anyone tell me which ones are best- they had concerts from germany, america EVERYWHERE except Slane, which was strange!
Old 03-18-2002, 03:30 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox:
I was at a CD & Record fair today and at one stand they had LOADS of elevation tour cd's all these live recordings from diffeerent places- i dunno what they all sounded like- so could anyone tell me which ones are best- they had concerts from germany, america EVERYWHERE except Slane, which was strange!
#$^$%&$!!!
I had just typed in a whole response to this post when I lost connection to the Internet. Now everything is lost!!!

Anyways, IIRC my main point was this:
- Don't buy bootlegs from record shows (or Ebay) because you don't know what you get. It might be a decent recording, but big chance it's just a bad MP3 recording downloaded from the Internet. If you do want to delve into the world that is U2 live recording, join a U2 trading mailing list. Two very good ones are U2Trading and ElevaSHN, both found on Yahoogroups (http://groups.yahoo.com or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ElevaSHN/ for the ElevaSHN mailing list and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u2trading/ for the U2Trading mailing list). There you can get (trade or for Blanks & Postage) excellent live recordings from a source you know is good (and no scumbag is going to profit from it).

Marty (grrrrr stupid Internet)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle