Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have stopped expecting anything. I'm not entirely convinced that we will get a new album, and I sure as hell am not banking any money on @U2 saying that GOYB (note the order of the letters) will be the lead single being first played in the U.S. at two totally different moments in time.

we got official word that the new album is due out march 3 in the US and Feb 27th overseas how can that not be convincing enough for u?:huh:

Get Your Own Boots, is what is said to Bono when he tries to steal them off someone.

The Feb 27th date is official? I still think it's weird they release the album a week before in some places. That's almost like if they are leaking the album themselves for other people around the globe.

The Feb 27th date is official? I still think it's weird they release the album a week before in some places. That's almost like if they are leaking the album themselves for other people around the globe.

days of album releases are different in differnt countries. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.

its not though. UK, US dates are 2/3rd. Australia ALWAYS gets albums the saturday before. Makes it the 28th.

Where does it say 27th>?

^I don't know. You're the ones saying 27... :wink:

Four days... a week... almost the same thing. :wink:
Anyway, four days is enough time to anyone that wants to download NLOTH.

We should gag the people who get it before so that they don't spoil it for us Interference when they have it and we don't.

^ true, but anyone who would download it for the sake of 4 days are the people who will buy it anyway. Theres no difference to stopping pirating, because those that will download illegally will do it anyway, no matter when it is released

its not though. UK, US dates are 2/3rd. Australia ALWAYS gets albums the saturday before. Makes it the 28th.

Where does it say 27th>?

Actually my local JB HiFi gets its new releases around lunchtime on the Friday and they progressively unpack them over the afternoon/evening. Not all new releases hit the shelves by closing time, but most do. Therefore 27th Feb is a possibility. :hyper:

^ true, but anyone who would download it for the sake of 4 days are the people who will buy it anyway. Theres no difference to stopping pirating, because those that will download illegally will do it anyway, no matter when it is released

I'll download it.... and then buy the $100 version! No worries! LOL!

Well, probably.
But it would be so cool if they released it in the same day all around the world. :heart:

Actually my local JB HiFi gets its new releases around lunchtime on the Friday and they progressively unpack them over the afternoon/evening. Not all new releases hit the shelves by closing time, but most do. Therefore 27th Feb is a possibility. :hyper:

Yeah, mine does too... Everytime you call them to ask if its on the shelves they always say the same thing "it isn't officially released until tomorrow..." which mean, its on the shelves, dnt tell the fun police

Even if the album does leak, I doubt the DVD soundtrack will.

Probably the first to see & hear the accompanying soundtrack (and rip it for the rest of the world) will be us Aussies who can get it on Friday afternoon 27th Feb (which is still Thursday 26th in many parts of the globe).

Something extra to look forward to if the album leaks a couple of weeks early :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom