Lady With the Spinning Head as an opener?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
This song has all the perfect elements of an opener. After the cool little noise to get the crowds attention, each band member comes in one by one, which I always think is cool when they do that. Plus it is totally rockin'!

I know it will never happen, but what does everyone think of this hypothetical situation?

maybe as a pre-vertigo song as they are getting on stage, it might work out as they could mesh the two together as they did with pop muzik + mofo

but even if they open witha fart, if im there ill love it

I think one issue with opening with "Lady...." is that it isn't well known to all U2 fans. A key factor when deciding what to open a concert with is its exciteability factor. That's why "Elevation" worked so well and why "Vertigo" will perfectly follow suit, IMO.

I completely agree with you on that HelloAngel, and I have no doubt that they will open with Vertigo.

If you recall during the Unforgettable Fire tour though, they opened all the concerts with 11 o'clock tick tock. I doubt too many people knew that song, unless they bought Under A Blood Red Sky

Edge said that he thought they would open with Vertigo, though it would be cool (at least for me) to hear Lady with the Spinning Head, or Salome for that matter.

I like the idea! Sure, it's not well known, but Pop Musik was just a cover and the Pop Musik-Mofo opening is my favorite.

I so love Lady with the Spinning Head! There are so many songs from that album that are completely under-rated by the "others". (The fools!!)

:dance: (This emoticon has nothing to do with - well, anything I'm saying, but it's just too cute!)

HelloAngel said:
I think one issue with opening with "Lady...." is that it isn't well known to all U2 fans. A key factor when deciding what to open a concert with is its exciteability factor. That's why "Elevation" worked so well and why "Vertigo" will perfectly follow suit, IMO.

I was suggesting Lady with the spinning head not be played by the band, but just play while they are walking onto the stage and then they can go into vertigo

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I like the idea! Sure, it's not well known, but Pop Musik was just a cover and the Pop Musik-Mofo opening is my favorite.

technicaly the band wasn't actually playing pop muzik... it was playing in the background, ala sgt. pepper's and the elevation influx remis durring the eleveation tour. :shrug: but i agree... that intro was pretty damn cool.

This will never happen................But I love this song also.

I actually have it on my personal U2 best of cd which i'v had to update recently becuase of vertigo.

I'd love "Lady..." as an opener! It's one of my favourite U2 songs, actually. And it would definitely be a good concert opener!

brownda7 said:
This will never happen................But I love this song also.

I actually have it on my personal U2 best of cd which i'v had to update recently becuase of vertigo.

Same here... It's third on my CD after "Vertigo" and "EBTTRT". :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
the Pop Musik-Mofo opening is my favorite.

:yes: I love their version of Pop Musik. :drool:

And I love "Lady with the Spinning Head" a whole lot but I don't know if it would work well as a crowd pumper like "Elevation" did so well. But, then again... it could work. :hmm:

It would be cool if they played it at all which I doubt would ever happen. Too bad it's a fun song I love it!

I like Lady With Spinning Head as like Pop Muzik opener but a show opener... no.

To many elements from other songs that would make it weird... I dunno... I got to listen to it again but it seemed to be a song that would be too tough to play live with a 3-4 piece and not lose something from the song.

Axver said:
This thread made me quite literally laugh out loud.

Not a fan of LWTSH? Or just not of the idea of it being a concert opener?

GibsonGirl said:

Not a fan of LWTSH? Or just not of the idea of it being a concert opener?

Oh, I like the song, and I think it could work live, but the suggestion itself is that absurd I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe I took the thread too seriously.

Axver said:

Oh, I like the song, and I think it could work live, but the suggestion itself is that absurd I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe I took the thread too seriously.

It is a bit absurd...considering they did the song years ago. :laugh: But you have to admit, it would be nice!

Hmmm...

I dig the idea, and would love it if this were played live one day. You never know, I guess.

I got a feeling we're gonna hear some AB songs on this tour that haven't been heard in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom