Lady with the Spinning Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
and other b-sides

Forgive me for not knowing the answer, but I don't listen to many B-sides, and today I heard LWTSH for the first time

Anyway, my question is

Are most of these b-sides the original versions of released songs....such as this one with the Fly

The only other B-side I really know is Smile, and that one also reminds me of some other U2 song, I just can't think of what it is

No, most of them are unrelated. Yes, LWTSH morphed into The Fly. Always morphed into Beautiful Day, Native Son into Vertigo, Xanax and Wine into Fast Cars and sometimes a line or two will be repeated, such as newborn baby's head line came from Levitate before being used in Miracle Drug. Almost everything else is completely different and a lot of it is worth listening to.

God, Lady with the Spinning head kicks my ass. Its just incredible, paticularily the Extended Dance Mix... I love how I can be in love with Ultraviolet AND The Fly... AND Lady With The Spinning Head, even though LWTSH sounds like both of the others! They all have a different feel to them.

Lady With The Spinning Head seems to be about Gambling and it feels like Vegas for some reason.

The Fly is the bombardment of media and slogans (like the ZooTV performances of it)

And Ultraviolet is like a love song.... I think. It feels like one! But I love it.

I can lsiten to all three and be in love. There is just enough difference in each song to be its own!

I :heart: Lady With the Spinning Head! (Thank you for this YSI mix btw). My friends and family always laff at me when I am having a frustrating day or I am stressed cuz I will often say "I feel like a lady with a spinning head!":wink:

jonnytakeawalk said:
I think I prefer lady with the spinning head to the fly

Anyone else with me?

In certain ocasions , yeah me too pal . There´s no doubt it´s the best B-sides U2 ever made . Its´s always a pleasure to hear it kicking the opening of the B-sides 90s cd

Sting said:
Lady With The Spinning Head seems to be about Gambling and it feels like Vegas for some reason.

LWTSH is sex...pure and simple. I can see gambling from the reference to Lady Luck, but it's definitely about sex. Not just lyrically...if you listen to the music, the progression of it is very sexual. Listen especially to the instrumental break in the Extended Mix (4:07 into the song)...foreplay to climax and beyond.

God, I love this song.

Livi

Thanks for the file

And yes, I forgot, I know Salome too

SHAKE IT SHAKE IT SHAKE IT :rockon:

I love 'Lady With The Spinning Head' it's a combination of 'The Fly' and 'Until The End Of The World' the two songs mixed together, it sounds fantastic.

When I listen to the solo, I can't tell what the hell song it is, but I love it.

btw....I didn't notice Ultraviolet until you guys pointed it out but....whoa.....what a churazy song

There are two officially released versions of LWTSH

Lady with the Spinning Head (UV1) as found on the One Single

Lady With the Spinning Head (extended dance remix) found on even better than the real thing single & best of B sides.

Take you Down is an earlier version from the salome out takes, which also includes the lyrics 'wake up dead man' and an improvised version of the intro to Ultra violet (the melody is there, but bonolese words). The fly solo is also in an earlier form.

The salome liner notes claim Edge doesn't sing on 'take you down', and that bono sings both voice tracks - but this is only partly true, Bono does sing on both voice tracks, but it's clearly edge singing in the chorus.

Back
Top Bottom