Kansas City Midnight Sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Well, after calling around to different CD outlets in the KC area, I have found, not surprising, that people don't consider U2 as a 'high seller' here.

Here at what the stores said :

Best Buy : "We only do midnight sales for DVDs. "

Borders : "U2 doesn't have a big enough fan base in Kansas City to warrant a midnight sale. So it wouldn't justify the sales and costs of staying open ratio."

Wal-Mart : How early do you put your new release CD's out on the shelves? " Around 8:30 or 9 AM. "What if I came in at 1 in the morning on Tuesday, could I ask for the album and purchase it? "Yes, only if the seller knows where the cds are in backstock."

CD Warehouse : We have done midnight sales. When was the last time U2 released a full-length album?
(I said October/November of 2000).
And when did the single hit radio waves?
(I said last week).
He said he'll definitely think about the possibility of doing a modnight sale for U2. "All depends on the buzz on the album."
I said, "I think the buzz is gonna be huge on this album."
He chuckled and said, "It probably will be. If we get a lot of calls about the album, then we will do a midnight sale."

So, that's the outlook in KC. Boo-hoo. KC doesn't like U2. What's up with this city? Aarrrrgh!

That's really odd - Tallahassee, Florida - a podunk town of 125,000 people managed to have a midnight sale for ATYCLB - I'm really surprised somewhere in the far bigger Kansas City area would not. Perhaps another record store will be open past midnight for another artist that comes out on Nov 23rd? :shrug:

HelloAngel said:
That's really odd - Tallahassee, Florida - a podunk town of 125,000 people managed to have a midnight sale for ATYCLB - I'm really surprised somewhere in the far bigger Kansas City area would not. Perhaps another record store will be open past midnight for another artist that comes out on Nov 23rd? :shrug:

What!? That's unfair that 125,000 people get a midnight sale and Kansas City, including suburbs, is like what, 2 million I think?

Its so depressing that this city as a whole does terribly music wise. Even pop acts like Backstreet Boys and NSync and such have a hard time selling out here. So it's no wonder that midnight sales are not done here. Nobody cares in this city. Yea, a handful of people for select artists, but the problem with KC is you have people from all facets of America living here, bringing with them their preferred style of music. The problem is, you don't have enough people per style of music like in big cities (Chicago, New York), even smaller ones (St. Louis). The biggest music thing here is country, well, no...not even country.

Oh well, I'll keep looking, and hopefully CD Warehouse will do a midnight sale.

If not, it's not the end of the world that they won't. So I buy the CD at 10 in the morning instead of 12 AM. I think I can hold off for 10 hours, but *sniffles* :sad:

Gosh! That really sucks! I love hearing about other cities though! I'll probably wake up nice and early on Nov 23rd and go to Circuit City to get the CD. I'm excited for the new album and all, but I'd rather get my beauty rest and have a clear head to listen to the album with.

Chizip said:
just another reason why st louis is better than kc :wink:

have you found a place in STL where they are doing a midnight sale?
If so please do tell:)

KC and STL are not that different - the only thing that separates us is corn and cows, lots of corn and lots of cows:wink:

i havent checked around yet but im pretty damn sure vintage vinyl do it

U2Fan101 said:
CD Warehouse : If we get a lot of calls about the album, then we will do a midnight sale."

Which CD Warehouse did you call? Maybe I could give them a call as well? :wink:

I was planning on buying it at Super Target (they open at 8 AM), but a midnight sale would be cool!

U2Fan101 said:

What!? That's unfair that 125,000 people get a midnight sale and Kansas City, including suburbs, is like what, 2 million I think?

Olathe (were I am) is almost that big! I'm not sure of our exact current population but I know for a fact it's over 100,000.

Sorry for the triple post, but I just had an idea:

U2Fan101: Have you thought of calling 97.3 The Planet? Maybe they could organize a midnight sale? :wink:

I called the one on Quivira. I forgot which one that is. It's not the one on Metcalf. (Or was it Warehouse Music?) Damn, I get them confused. Chris, a manager was the one I spoke to.

I call the Planet all the time. They know me as the U2 phreak.

Which restaurant do you manage? Maybe I can bring my U2 friends down and we can meet you and eat your cool food.

Back
Top Bottom