Just a thought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1stepcloser

Rock n' Roll Doggie
i was listening to October last night and the thought occured as i reached the last track that imagine U2 were back on their tour and they launched in to the opening riff of the Electric Co and everyone goes mad 'cos we all know the electric Co rocks our socks, but instead of singing 'The Cry' as usual, they start playing 'Is that all?'. That would be wierd. But quite cool. But only the hardcore fans would probably know what song it was. well, maybe a few more. i don't know. i'm rambling now.

and another thing. why, when U2 perform New Years Day do they never sing the "So we're told that this the golden age...." bit?

Do they do this with any other songs? just totally missing a chunk of the song out :scratch:

:hmm:

Whether they do Is That All? or The Cry won't make a difference, the casual fans won't know either.

Not that that should stop U2. They should play songs because they're good and worth performing live, not because the songs are popular.

1stepcloser said:
and another thing. why, when U2 perform New Years Day do they never sing the "So we're told that this the golden age...." bit?

god knows, maybe they just preferred the shorter version. One or two shows on the pre-war tour in late 1982 had the song played in it's entirety, I had one show from the Hammersmith Palais with the extra bits, someone else can probably elaborate further since I haven't heard it in ages!

Back
Top Bottom