Joshua Tree cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Don't you guys wish they'd made this as their cover...

photo_blackim_u2.jpg

or

U2_the_joshua_tree.jpg

instead of this one...

U2%20-%20The%20Joshua%20tree%20-%20Front.jpg

Or was this last one only on Remastered copies?

Last edited:
So it looks like the better looking picture went on the LP and the international versions. And the US CD ended up with the blurry looking one. :|

haha the smooshed head cd cover version..

i don't know why they didn't just go with the regular cover on the cd even if it would have meant making it smaller.

it would look better than a cropped, smooshed and blurry cover.

christ, they even used the regular photo for the cassette.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Anyone remember long boxes? This looked great in a long box.

It did. I remember cutting up the box and hanging the picture up in my bedroom. Long boxes were gone not too long after that.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

It did. I remember cutting up the box and hanging the picture up in my bedroom. Long boxes were gone not too long after that.

Oh the days when hanging up a long box was considered decor:drool:

The band apparently didn't know that the cd cover was scrunched up until Larry saw it in a record store. Read an interview somewhere where they talk about it....and how he was pissed that the last bit of OTH was stuck onto Exit. I'm surprised neither problem has ever been fixed.

Two more reasons for an uber-remastered edition...:drool:

Hey it's my sig!

I like the poster with the same picture but also the joshua tree symbol underneath in a goldish color. I want it.

Re: Re: Joshua Tree cover

Galeongirl said:

I have this one as cover... my uncle has had it since 87, and his has the same cover..... so Holland has always had this one :yes:

No it hasn't. When I bought it in '92 it had the blurry cover. But there wasn't a mistake on the indexing of One Tree Hill and Exit.

Back
Top Bottom