Is U2 a product or a friend to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iacrobat said:

You said they only play for rich people, then I asked why they should play in a city and lose, it seemed to be a logical next question.

Don't you think we both exaggerated a bit? Sure they are not only playing for the rich but they won't lose any money if they choose to play Poland or Czech Republic.

This is the last thing I'll say: why play 5 times NY, 6 times Chicago and only 1 gig in Spain? Wouldn't it be profitable if they played at least 2 times in Spain?

Let's agree to disagree cause I won't change my opinion about the Elevation Tour schedule and the ticket prices. They were cashing big time with that tour. Lotsa money, definately lotsa money... From that point of view I see the band as a product.
Of course there are other point of views...

P.S. the circumstances argument is really weird if you think about the 3rd leg in the US or Sarajevo... Fortunately U2 isn't a band who let difficult situation gets in their way, otherwise there was no 3rd leg or Sarajevo gig!

Last edited:
Soulrock2 said:

This is the last thing I'll say: why play 5 times NY, 6 times Chicago and only 1 gig in Spain? Wouldn't it be profitable if they played at least 2 times in Spain?

Like I said, if they didn't play here in Barcelona more than one night, I assume there is another reason other than greed. Whether it be scheduling here or in a another city.

Let's agree to disagree cause I won't change my opinion about the Elevation Tour schedule and the ticket prices. They were cashing big time with that tour. Lotsa money, definately lotsa money... From that point of view I see the band as a product.
Of course there are other point of views...

Well, I think you could say that, after the half empty stadiums during Popmart.

P.S. the circumstances argument is really weird if you think about the 3rd leg in the US or Sarajevo... Fortunately U2 isn't a band who let difficult situation gets in their way, otherwise there was no 3rd leg or Sarajevo gig!

Yes, Sarajevo is difficult to do, but doing it once is different from doing it 15 times.

We can agree to disagree, but I find it strange that you can reconcile your assumptions about the band with the music they make and the things they stand for.

Back
Top Bottom