Is That All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Probably my new favorite track off of october. The way edges guitar comes in when bono starts singing "..is that all" is HIS sound. Are there any live versions of the entire song, the only one ive seen is just the guitar intro which goes into electric co.

To the best of my knowledge, "Is That All" (*cringe*) is the only song from October that has not been played live.

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-songnames.html

See, it's not listed there at all.

It was really just a filler track... they didn't have enough time to make a real song, so they just stole a riff from The Cry.

And yes, I'm also disappointed that I'm not about to hear Electric Co. when I hear that song. Most of the time I just switch over and listen to Electric Co. :wink:

digitize said:
To the best of my knowledge, "Is That All" (*cringe*) is the only song from October that has not been played live.

Stranger in a Strange Land was never played live too.

I'm an Is That All? fundamentalist as well. I was hooked first listen. Such a powerful tune. Outright 2nd fave song from October (behind my fave U2 song Gloria), and defintely in my all-time U2 top 20.

Whenever I hear ElectricOh live, The Cry is by far the most powerful part of the song, and I get immensely disappointed when they don't end up playing Is That All instead of ElectricOh. Opportunity lost!

" Singing this song makes me angry
I'm not angry with you" - what a delightfully deceptive lyric! He's angry (and he sounds it!), but not with you, so it's all OK. Directed at God? Angry at the world, angry at God's people?

"Singing this song makes me happy
I'm not happy with you" - Deceptive again, all is not OK. He's happy, but not with you, you wonder why.

The vocal compliments the twisted lyrics perfectly, it is U2's best album closer, cause what does it mean? Is That All You want from this album, this band? Surely, a reference to the spiritual plight the boys were going through in writing and recording October and toruing Boy. The choice between Jesus or Art?

So underated and understated, love the ambience and Edge's ringing guitar.....

digitize said:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-songnames.html

See, it's not listed there at all.

All October songs have in some way been referenced live; Is That All? and Stranger In A Strange Land have not been played in full. Obviously, Is That All?'s live reference is The Cry (or, to be more correct, The Cry's studio reference is Is That All?), and SIASL was snippeted just once, in 1984.

The other nine songs were done in full - Scarlet just the once.

Wow, im surprised by the amount of people who dont like this song. I think its the best song on the album next to Rejoice. I think the only problem really with this album is that it was poorly mixed and mastered.

Axver said:

All October songs have in some way been referenced live; Is That All? and Stranger In A Strange Land have not been played in full. Obviously, Is That All?'s live reference is The Cry (or, to be more correct, The Cry's studio reference is Is That All?), and SIASL was snippeted just once, in 1984.

The other nine songs were done in full - Scarlet just the once.

Setlist knowledge....:drool:

Makes me want to go back and listen to October, which I haven't done in quite a while. Normally I can't get over Tomorrow, the song just hits me every time, out of personal reasons. Overall, I think October is totally underrated as an album.

last unicorn said:
Makes me want to go back and listen to October, which I haven't done in quite a while. Normally I can't get over Tomorrow, the song just hits me every time, out of personal reasons. Overall, I think October is totally underrated as an album.

I know what you mean.. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom