Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate The Killers. But this song is pretty good. Not sure if I love the song by definitely better than a good portion of their last 2 albums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Okay, deep breaths...

I'm listening on just one channel so the sound is not complete, and wouldn't you know that it's the bass end that's missing. The three seconds I heard before it went out were fucking awesome. Great job, Adam.

Really interesting extended intro that will have people saying, "Wait, I thought they said this was U2?" And we know where the other album they that did that went. Sounds like the first verse is the weaker, but the song really gathers steam. "There is no them" is totally working for me, though I need a bunch more listens to know how much I really love it. My one negative is that as I hear it, Bono sounds overly autotuned, taking out much of the texture of his voice and increasing the feeling of Chris Martin deja vu. But the good part of that is that he's singing melodically, not pushing too hard as he's sometimes done. It's going to be a great live track! Now to put on repeat again....

The intro took me by surprise and after 2 listens I'm not sure about it ( the intro that is).....the rest is just what I was hoping for and gives me hope for the album. I'm curious as to how different the album version may prove to be, given this is the RED edit....hopefully we will see soon enough.

I can definitely hear the Killers influence here. Coldplay, not so much. Bono's singing sounds effortless, very melodic. I love that he's finally not trying to sing in a pitch that's too high for him. The beginning is strange, very dicso-like, the bridge with "There's no them, it's only us", though it's a Bono cliché, sounds lovely I like it a lot. And I can see it fitting its purpose here perfectly.

Makes it hard to wait for months for the album :sigh:

Invisible - Reactions Thread

I think it's good. Sounds like a show opener -- a declaration of intent, audience participation, a commitment to be amazing.

I like the Bono-trademark "ambitious yearning" emotionalism of it, though as someone said, he's too high in the mix. Almost like he's singing over the track.

First reaction is always an emotional one, let's see how it goes the next few times through.

You know what, I think the band wants to observe the reaction of the fans around the world using this song to decide what will be the final mixes/versions of the new album...
:nerd:

Guys, I just put it on my old ipod.. and the title is actually INvisible (RED) Edit version.

:hmm: So there is a different, original version out there somewhere?

Is this the second time in a row now that iTunes has been the ones to "leak" new U2 material?

First time I heard, what came to my mind is "that's what Pop should've been": deep lyrics, stripped Bono soul, all together with produced and "catchy" melodies.

I don't know that now, but Everytime I hear the song, I like it more.

I think it's going to be very well received. Very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom