Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like:
Danger Mouse produced. Very light footed.
Kraftwerk
Coldplay (though the part that sounds like it originally would be Kraftwerk via X & Y and Princess of China)
Achtung Baby
The Strokes
OMD
New Order

How I feel:
I love it! It's very confessional about early narcissism on Bono's part (there is no them only us, only me) and it captures the youth part of the album really well. It feels too short so hopefully there will be a longer version. I would love to see this in a context of the album and hopefully a live version. It doesn't feel like a first single but more like a snapshot of the album. The fadeout leaves you wanting more like Ordinary Love. I'm going to listen to this some more.

Oh god, it's even better on second listen. Oh why, I'll never be able to stop myself from listening too many times! :lol:

The production is excellent, the lyrics has begun to grow on me. Great verse, excellent chorus with some fine crowd-pleasing melodies. I love the way the chorus builds and builds and builds, and then just pays off instantly with that hook melody. In a live setting it's going to work so well, soaring to magical heights when the guitar truly kicks in.

The only minor gripe I can think of is that, just as in Ordinary Love: Bono's voice is a little too high in the mix, especially in the verses. He sings it really well, though, so it's not a big problem really.

It's like they mashed mid 90s era stuff with Boy era stuff to my ears and a good result it has been.

Importantly, everything about this feels natural, it does not feel forced at all.

Sounds like:
Danger Mouse produced. Very light footed.
Kraftwerk
Coldplay (though the part that sounds like it originally would be Kraftwerk via X & Y and Princess of China)
Achtung Baby
The Strokes
OMD
New Order

How I feel:
I love it! It's very confessional about early narcissism on Bono's part (there is no them only us, only me) and it captures the youth part of the album really well. It feels too short so hopefully there will be a longer version. I would love to see this in a context of the album and hopefully a live version. It doesn't feel like a first single but more like a snapshot of the album. The fadeout leaves you wanting more like Ordinary Love. I'm going to listen to this some more.

Add The Killers to that! :)

Wow. Listened to it about four times now. This shit makes me feel good...

If this is Dangermouse's U2 then I'll definitely take it. Nice departure we've from what we've had over the last decade plus. Bono's lyrics are actually pretty strong for a change - gives me even more hope for the whole album.

It's like they mashed mid 90s era stuff with Boy era stuff to my ears and a good result it has been.

Importantly, everything about this feels natural, it does not feel forced at all.

Yeah. Especially the production. But even the lines that I thought looked ham-fisted on paper are fine here, cause they don't feel like there's too much pressure on them.

So much spaaaacccceeee

These lyrics are soo good! You can feel the tenseness of youth want to break out of their parents molds. People who don't like these lyrics are stuck in preconceptions.

Fuck that guitar!:drool:

Okay did I have my early listen geek out yet? :lol:

I LOVE this song! "I am more than you know...I am not Invisible."
:happydance:
I can't wait for the album! And the tour...and everything else!

My try on lyrics:

It's like the room's just cleared of smoke
I didn't even want the heart you broke
it's yours to keep, you just might need one

I finally found my real name
I won't be me when you see me again
No I won't be my father's son

I'm more than you know
I'm more than you see here
More than you let me be
I'm more than you know
A body and a soul
You don't see me but you will
I am not invisible

I don't dream, not as such
I don't even think about you that much
unless I start to think it all
All those frozen days, and your frozen ways
they melt away, your face like snow

I'm more than you know
I'm more than you see here
I'm more than you let me be
I'm more than you know
A body and a soul
You don't see me but you will
I am not invisible
I am here

(I am here backing vocal?)

There is no them
There is no them
There's only us
There's only us
There is no them
There is no them
There's only us
There's only us

There is no themThere is no them
There's only you
There's only me
There is no them

Laughing that we've yet another lyric with soul. :lol: Though no kneeling this time!

Great great intro, I suspect it will be longer on the album.

Very impressed! Going for a long walk now and will listen to it continuously!!

My attempt at the lyrics - feel free to correct.

It’s like the room just cleared of smoke
I didn’t even want the heart you broke
It’s yours to keep
You just might just need one

I finally found my real name
I won’t be me when you see me again
Though I won’t be my father’s son

I’m more than you know
I’m more than you see
More than you let me be
I’m more than you know
A body and soul
You don’t see me but you will
I am not invisible

I don’t dream, not as such
I don’t even think about you that much
Unless I start to think at all
All those frozen days and your frozen ways
They melt away, your face like snow

I’m more than you know
I’m more than you see
More than you let me be
I’m more than you know
A body and soul
You don’t see me but you will
I am not invisible

I am here

There is no them
There is no them
There’s only us
There’s only us

There is no them
There is no them
There’s only us
There’s only us

There is no them
There is no them
There’s only you
There’s only me

There is no them

All i can say is OUTSTANDING, not forced just good old u2 sounding different but like u2 nonetheless. Now i'm excited.

also lol he put soul in the chorus

and the face/melting snow line like in the MOS live rap outro

Fresh and actual.
I can't say more right now 'cause i'm overly happy. Let the dust settle and I'll make a proper review...

for now, fucking different but still u2,which is all kinds of amazing!

Wow this is great! From 1.00min onwards is epic! Great guitar and Larry finally hits those drums like he hasn't done for a while. Didn't expect this to be honest.....

Quite like it. More than i hoped for.
But have to spin it more rounds to know for sure:hyper:

I'm not too sure why it makes me think of them.. .perhaps the driving drums, big on synths but still audible guitars?

Right, I can't put it into words, either, but the 2nd or 3rd time I heard it, I thought, "The Killers".

So far, not bad. The intro, verse melody, and lyrics are all pretty good. I'm not sure if the chorus and outro exactly bring the song to new heights, but it could work a lot better in a live setting, as people said.

I can definitely see this being an opener for the album, or for concerts, perhaps with an extended intro. It bursts with energy, which is a good thing to have in the beginning.

Another spot might be before encore break, keeping the crowd singing the melody for a while during the break (sort of like with Pride).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom