In God's Country vs. Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
Songs with quite a few similarities - IGC was the first song that popped into my head upon my initial listen of Yahweh. Perhaps I'm just weird - regardless:

Which do you prefer?

BEGIN!

-Miggy D

In God's Country :up:

I can't get into Yahweh. Maybe the song will grow on me in time.

Last edited:
I don't think that you can really compare the two. They are so different. Yahweh is designed to be more of an album closer--summing up the theme of hut dub. IGC is more of a inter-album rocker, similar in ideals to ABOY.

I like Yahweh but there's no way its better than In God's Country. It is one of my favs!

the epitome of apples and oranges.

I really like Yahweh, but it's got a few years before it could replace IGC. There's too much invested in that song for me for now.

Yahweh...

...although In Gods Country is a very decent song too.

Yahweh just sounds better...thats what it comes down to.

A better song from a better album. (In my opinion)

I love In God's Country, especially Edge at the beginning of it.
Yahweh is a great song, too, but not as good. I don't know. I can't really compare the two. Yahweh takes me back to the days of "40".

Just wondering when songs needed to sound exactly like each other to be put up against each ohter? Makes it more fun this way...

-Miggy D

In God's Country.... Yahweh's a good song & is growing on me, but I can't see it taking the place of IGC.

Long said:
I thought that Yahweh sounded like One Tree Hill.

I think people are mixing up In God's Country with One Tree Hill, because yes, Yahweh's guitar riff is almost the same as One Tree Hill's, not In God's Country, although In God's Country & One Tree Hill do have some similarities, by far Yahweh sounds like One Tree Hill

intedomine said:
Yahweh...

...although In Gods Country is a very decent song too.

Yahweh just sounds better...thats what it comes down to.

A better song from a better album. (In my opinion)

Wow. I didn't think Atomic Bomb would get a nod over the Joshua Tree. I like the new album, but it's no Joshua Tree. And while we're on the subject, Yahweh is no In God's Country. Both are great songs, but In God's Country is in its own realm, as is all of The Joshua Tree.

Still, I'm glad to see such high praise for the new album.

In God's Country. :bow:

I like Yahweh ok except for the part where Bono sings "Yahweh" -- his voice is so tight it is uncomfortable for me to hear. :reject:

joyfulgirl said:
I like Yahweh ok except for the part where Bono sings "Yahweh" -- his voice is so tight it is uncomfortable for me to hear. :reject:

lol, I really like the way he sings it. It reminds me of his "MidNIIIIGHT" singing in the song "Lemon" during the ZooTV tour :drunk:

Back
Top Bottom