I'm zee winner????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
Apparantly I won the U2.com contest for the Best of free CD. I almost soiled myself with all of the laughter. Problem is, I of course, already bought the CD on opening day. Hmmm...what to do now with this Extra copy......hmmm.....hmmm
:hmm:

or give the one you bought to some financially-challenged fan here who is hoping to get it for Christmas

but make them work for it...like have a little contest of your own and have people write an essay or something :mac:

or better yet: now you have one for home, one for the car
yeah, that's the ticket

Congrats!

You should email the u2.com people and ask them if the band can sign your cd. :yes:

That's cool that an Interferencer won!

Gosh, I feel like I know somebody famous...:shifty:

*goes into fan mode*

Can I touch you??????????????????????? :hyper:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
there was a contest?:confused::der::ohmy:

I second that confusion...What kind of mathematical questions were asked??? There's no way I would have won- Congratulations Tackleberry!

My answers were thrown off, cause I counted songs like Plot 180 and such, but apparently the U2.com people only wanted U2 album tracks and b-sides. They should have said that. Anyway, here are the answers:

Question: Name each U2 song that features a number in the title ?

Answer:
11 O clock Tick Tock
Forty
Boomerang I
Boomerang II
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269
Three Sunrises
One
One Tree Hill
Two Hearts Beat As One
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
4th of July
Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come

Question: What would the total be if you added them up and then subtracted the number of U2 studio albums (not including collaborations) released ?

Answer: 388.
(The total of numbers included in song titles is 400 - then deduct 12 (we make it 12 studio albums, because every release excluding Under A Blood Red Sky includes new studio material).

Question: What is the grand total when you have added to your earlier total the number of singles U2 have released according to the U2.Com 'Singles' area ?

Answer: 428.
(The U2.Com singles area lists 40 U2 singles releases)
And of the thousand-plus entries, only an elite few came anywhere near the correct number. Which means (as there was a legitimate possibility of variation on some of the answers - for example were the two 'Best Of' releases actually 'studio' albums ?) we have included in our winners those who were very close - as well as those who were spot on !

And the winners (or at least their e-mail addresses) are:

Mark Taylor
Tom Gately
J Beaudin
Jeff Davis
David Park
Chalie Pastrano
United Colors
Lore Nada
Leandro
Sean O'Kane

Prizes on their way to you. Special mention to Mark and Jeff, for the way they completed the sentence, 'U2 and the '90's go together because....'

Mark Taylor: 'U2 and the 1990's go together because .....it is basic mathematical sense'

Jeff Davis: 'U2 and the '90?s go together because as the world re-invented itself in the information age, U2 put that information into their music and created, among other things, ZooTV.'

Note: Our next competition will not feature numbers!

tiny dancer said:

Sicy, do you know the answer to the question that they posted in Prop? :scratch:

Put Em Under Pressure was the only answer that sounded familiar (although that may have just been because there is a forum here by that name), that's what I would have guessed. :scratch:

I read all that. so i'll reply and resist the urge to say...

what contest? ah, you're lucky i didn't know about it.....Ms SmartypantsherselfNot. What is that site? U2.com, sounds interesting
wd & congrats freeCd's sound better imho, scientific fact.:yes: :wave:

THAT is the 2nd new page I have started today

:banghead: :banghead: :reject:

I'm still pleased 4U, just annoyed at myself.

Back
Top Bottom