if you could recommend a band and their album to any member of U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
What band and an album of theirs would you recommend to any member of U2?
Although they listen to a lot of music and bands, maybe there is one band you know of that you don't think they've heard of. One that could possibly influence them.

I always wondered if Bono ever listened to any Fugazi albums, or any Sunny Day Real Estate albums. I wonder what Bono would think of the political aspects of Fugazi as well as their tight musicianship. I also wonder what Bono would think of the lush melodies and awesome vocals of SDRE.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by TheU2:
Jane's Addiction

CK

I wouldn't be suprised if the guys in U2 haven't already listened to Jane's.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
What band and an album of theirs would you recommend to any member of U2?
Although they listen to a lot of music and bands, maybe there is one band you know of that you don't think they've heard of. One that could possibly influence them.

I always wondered if Bono ever listened to any Fugazi albums, or any Sunny Day Real Estate albums. I wonder what Bono would think of the political aspects of Fugazi as well as their tight musicianship. I also wonder what Bono would think of the lush melodies and awesome vocals of SDRE.

Jeremy Enigk used to cover Running to Stand Still in concert...never got to hear it...

aaron

Originally posted by the_rehearsal:
Jeremy Enigk used to cover Running to Stand Still in concert...never got to hear it...

aaron

That would have been interesting to hear.

------------------

I'd want to choose something that I'm pretty sure they hadn't heard already... Weakerthans - Left and Leaving

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I'd want to choose something that I'm pretty sure they hadn't heard already... Weakerthans - Left and Leaving

Joyces Tavern Ensamble (sp?)

CK

I always wonder if they've listened to Built to Spill and/or Modest Mouse...mostly because i want/need U2 to be tad more rock 'n roll than they have been lately...bring the (guitar/drums) noise, without losing the melody. Edge needs to be cranked up, like he is in the live shows.

Btw, any Built to Spill fans in here? I've never noticed any. Just listening to their "Live" album from last year and it's mind blowing.

Originally posted by Judah:
I always wonder if they've listened to Built to Spill and/or Modest Mouse...mostly because i want/need U2 to be tad more rock 'n roll than they have been lately...bring the (guitar/drums) noise, without losing the melody. Edge needs to be cranked up, like he is in the live shows.

Btw, any Built to Spill fans in here? I've never noticed any. Just listening to their "Live" album from last year and it's mind blowing.

the only built to spill i heard was randy described eternity. it was a cool song though, good lyrics.

i wonder if any guys in U2 listened to any Shudder To Think.

STT was a great band.

------------------

the Prayer Chain- Mercury
Starflyer 59- Easy Come, Easy Go
the violet burning- demonstrates plastic and elastic
the lassie foundation- el dorado
jurassic 5- quality control

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 11-06-2001).]

In the latest Q Magazine Adam says that his favorite album of the last 15 years is "Massive Attack vs. Mad Professor: No Protection". So I am pretty sure they have heard Massive Attack's stuff. they are brilliant. Modest Mouse's "The Moon and Antarctica" is a great album. As are most Starflyer 59 albums. The Faint are very good as well, their new album "Danse Macabre" is very good.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing go the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

I recommend they all listen to:
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Ease Down The Road
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I Got Worry
Tindersticks - Curtains

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by no disk:
white stripes - white blood cells

Woo-hoo! I was going to say the same thing. and I heard the Strokes are pretty good too.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom