If U2 are 'uncool'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can't say that all teenages think the same bands are cool/uncool. It depends on the person, and what that particular person enjoys.

Some people are rap fans.

Some people are "emo" fans.

Some people are classic rock fans.

What's determined cool and uncool depends on the person you're asking.

Example, I obviously love U2 along with bands like Led Zeppelin and Van Halen. And of course there are other kids in my school who think U2 should shut up already.

There's really no way to determine what is or is not cool.

vervex said:
Teenagers are weird ;) They don't really know what they like and they don't like. Less than 5 years ago, bands like Guns n' Roses and ACDC for example were concidered like "uncool" and look now... A lot of teens seem to re-discover their old music, wear shirts with the name of the bands on them, play their songs again...

The same thing will probably happen to U2 when they'll be too old to play anymore (and I hope that day won't come too soon - I love them all alive and active ahah).

But yeah... I'm still a teen and to me, U2 is the best band ever ;) (with Queen eheh.)

WOO!! I love U2 the most and Queen is my second fave! But I have to admit i'm like one out of two people at my school that like U2. Unfortunately my school's very into rap. uggghhh

1stepcloser said:
coldplay.
The Darkness.

Coldplay is huge in high schools. I have two sisters in HS and they and all their friends love them.

youtooellen said:
at my school, it's basically considered/classified like this: if you wear a classic rock/old bands shirts (ex. AC/DC, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Doors, Led Zep, Nirvana, GnR, etc.) then you're a 'stoner'
if you wear anything slutty.. well you're a slut. :| that's a given.
and well the categories go on and on.

but those who wear the shirts are considered 'cool' which is strange. or if one wears extremely revealing clothing.. then you're considered 'cool' too :eyebrow: .

I've yet to see anyone wear a U2 shirt (openly), besides me at my school.
but back to topic I suppose, U2 are considered uncool with the kids at my school.. which I don't really get. cause they've been just as successful as many of the 'cool' bands.

maybe it's because all four members are still alive to this day and aren't heroin addicts or suicidal/killed :shrug:

ugh kids these days, when will they learn :rolleyes: :|

Talking about the shirt... I haven't seen anybody in my school with one either ! But in a sence, it makes me happy because I'll be the first one to wear one as soon as I get their Tour T-shirt for my birthday ;)

Burningstar: WOO!! I love U2 the most and Queen is my second fave! But I have to admit i'm like one out of two people at my school that like U2. Unfortunately my school's very into rap. uggghhh

Here, rap is a little bit "overatted". Some girls still dress like sluts but old rock is more popular than ever.

Last edited:
Yahweh said:
No band has been trashed and loved at the same time as much as U2 has by all ages....just look at the amazon.com reviews there is really no in between either somebody loves them or hates them...the ones that hate them are always very loud about it...but then again so are the ones that love them :)

This is generally what happens when a band continues to be incredibly popular nearly 20 years after their most respected album was released. Some people can't listen to anything passed the Joshua Tree. They have the sound of the band from that era locked in their heads and can't seem to appreciate anything else. Then, the band every few years continues to come out with a hugely popular album that they don't like and its grating for them. They have what they think is todays good music, and see this old band from the 80s outselling them with their latest album and all the awards and critical praise being heaped on them. They get pissed off and go to Amazon.com and write multiple 1 star reviews trashing the latest album.

Back
Top Bottom