I wonder how the guys are feeling right now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
Do you think U2 know that we heard Vertigo? Probably! I guess they are a little bit nervous of how it will be received right now. I think they try do update themselves about what is going on. Vertigo is played more around the world now, so it must be exciting for them aswell. And it really seems to get well received. Ah ... this is fun. It just begun, people!

If the lads were to read the posts here, I'm sure they'd feel accomplished. :D

Cannot - stop - listening!

I would imagine the guys are feeling a little relieved based on most of the responses I've seen...I bet the money-men from universal are pissed off tho

All they need to read is this: Thank you for giving us this unbelievable rock music. You have once again outdone yourselves. I AM NOT WORTHY!

Has this ever happened before? Everyone on this forum hearing a new U2 song and almost everyone actually liked it?

They should feel proud and pumped. Man this next tour is going to rock the hardest since Achtung Baby!

The song really sounds as if Edge is pissed off....this is probably where he was watching Bono talking to dodgy politicians....

And then he rips into the riff....OLA!!

I'll bet you they're reading this forum. If they are, U2, YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. What BRILLIANCE! BE PROUD OF YOUR STAGGERINGLY AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT!

I bet they feel great that they still have it, and we still want it

Like I said before...screw all these throw back bands..JET, Strokes etc...this is how you rock. And in the video they are all dressed in black!!

YES!! Good Job BONO, EDGE, LARRY and especially ADAM for giving us the great dark bass line.

I too hope they are reading this to know that we confirm their own opinions that they just made a bad ass album. I'd love to see them all toast with a frothy Guiness in hand.

Cheers mates: Adam, Larry, Bono and Edge

Party now and get ready to rock our world next Spring!!!!

artdirector said:
Like I said before...screw all these throw back bands..JET, Strokes etc...this is how you rock. And in the video they are all dressed in black!!

YES!! Good Job BONO, EDGE, LARRY and especially ADAM for giving us the great dark bass line.

Amen to that!!!!!

neutral said:
I really hope the band or someone close to them is reading because I am totally blown away!! :hyper: I've been listening on and off all day and I keep finding parts I didn't notice before. GUH :drool:

I've been listening to it for ... wow, NINE HOURS now, and each time, I spot something new (I just spotted something during the "No-one gets hurt" bit) that I absolutely love! This just keeps getting better and better!

U2 have crafted a masterpiece. SO SO BRILLIANT.

Let´s just say that the song is so good that although im sleep-deprived(haven´t slept in 42 hours) i just can´t stop dancing to it!

I will fall down....

.....any minute now...catch me and break my fall

Vertigo is the best, i love it more with every passing hour!
-Eva-

Vertigo does keep growing on you. I've been listening to it for hours as well and I just keep enjoying it more and more each time!

It may very well be the musical equivalent of crack cocaine (and I have a feeling that this isn't even the final fully-polished version).

very WHO Like at times ----with a taste of Surrender & Discotech ( Bono's falsetto scattsing & Edges harmonics)
Lyrics remind me of being stuck in a place like Hotel california
like Bono can't get out of a latin disco dance club .........trapped forever ----spanish people taunting him constantly

anyway The song rocks no doubt about it !!!!!!
A taste of whats ahead FINALlY THE BOYS ARE BACK!!!!!!

after about the 237th listen, I realize that I like the song more every time I hear it!!! It's so energetic and you can dance to it, the only problem I had with the whole song was the first verse and how Bono kind of raps it. But now I love it, I love the sounds in the background, the delivery flows so well. VERTIGO!!!!

RademR said:
after about the 237th listen, I realize that I like the song more every time I hear it!!!

Exactly the same as me! I've pretty much listened to it non-stop for two days and not only am I not bored of it, not only does it still sound fresh and new, but it keeps getting better!

And ... it doesn't feel like I've only had it for two days. It has slipped PERFECTLY into the U2 canon. It's a fantastic little creation.

Back
Top Bottom