I wish they release the albums b-sides with the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvolutionMonkey

Acrobat
Do you think it would be cool if they released the album with a second b-sides album with it, all the songs they had left over. Sometimes i like the b-sides more than some songs on the albums. Of course this won't happen but with the success of the Best of albums and especially the b-sides albums that accompanied them in limited edition i think it would be an incentive for casual fans to buy it because of all the extra songs they get with it and there's no way the critics would diss 20 or more U2 song package. Remember i'm not talking about a double album but an album they promote and a second b-sides album as a bonus or incentive to buy.

Or would you rather have a DVD bonus where they are filmed playing all the songs in the studio, just like when they did Don't Take Your Guns To Town which I thought was an amazing seeing them in the studio. Personally i don't care for that song but to see the magic of those guys playing together in a small studio was incredible as was when they are playing in 1 of the One videos.

So which one would you prefer as a bonus ? Who knows maybe they read this stuff. :wink:

What would be the point of b-sides if they were included with the album? b-sides are incentives to buy singles.

EvolutionMonkey said:

Yeah but who buys singles besides the hardcore fans especially with file sharing now ?

But even less will buy them without the b-sides though...and people would not be willing to pay as much for the single either.

The Sage said:

But even less will buy them without the b-sides though...and people would not be willing to pay as much for the single either.

Honestly i didn't know they even sell singles anymore but the main reason i started this thread is because we hear about how many songs they come up with during the recording process maybe 20-30 songs and then decide which songs they want on the album. I figure if we have to wait this long for an album they should pack it all into a double album. I love songs like North and South of the River, Everlasting Love, Sweetest Thing, Always, summer Rain and tons of others. I would love to have a double album with original songs, it's cool they re-issued the B-Sides to the fans on the Greatest Hits in Limited Edition but the fact is U2's B-sides are better than any other bands A-sides and most people have no knowledge of their existence. Also a double album is counted as 2 albums on the sales charts which would double their numbers ( i think ?)

There was a time when singles sold like hotcakes but unfortunately those days are in the past. :(

Back
Top Bottom